PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung Galaxy Note

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note/index.html?type=find

not too sure where this belongs, not comparing this to any specific phone but since it is a phone... it'll be compared lol

Anyways the phone looks pretty nice, kind of like the dell streak 5" but I like the stylus in this, reminds me of a smaller htc flyer.

Though with voip, phone calls can be made on data plans so samsung galaxy tab 7" would probably win out for me since I'd prefer 7" to 5"

edit: anyways just seeing what people's thoughts are on this since it's a new phone that I haven't seen much in news yet
Old 03-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: O2
Carrier: Tesco

dominiquelang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note

That looks cool! If I'm not mistaken, that's the biggest touch screen on a phone yet. It's great for people who think smartphones have too-small screens, but find tabs too big.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I own this phone, It is awesome

The screen is a super amoled plus with the same resolution as the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (1200 x 800). The dual-core snapdragon isn't as fast as the Exynos, but it runs really well and smooth for me. The screen size is just amazing, I love it. 5.3" may seem too big, but you get used to it really fast. The 4G LTE is also faster than hell at time seeing over 50MBPS down (which is faster than my uverse at home).

It also has been rooted already and has a couple custom ROMs. The phone is just so amazing and I think I am going to keep it for a while.

It's a big upgrade over the streak 5 in hardware and once I load ICS on this thing it is going to just be incredible!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

As for the stylus I think its pathetic how people used to knock WM devices for having one, now all of a sudden its the best thing in the world.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
As for the stylus I think its pathetic how people used to knock WM devices for having one, now all of a sudden its the best thing in the world.
You are confused. Windows mobile phones had a Resistive screen which was too accurate so you needed a stylus to pinpoint. The Galaxy Note has a dual digitizer. Aka it has a capactive screen + wacom digitizer.

The wacom digitizer is the thing that handles the stylus and its different then the stylus used on your winmo phones. If you ever owned a laptop/tablet with a Wacom digitizer pen you would know what I am talking about. To make it simple, wacom digitizer is what professional graphic tablets use to draw digitally.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 03-07-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Yea but u can still draw and write in wm devices
Old 03-07-2012, 09:35 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Yea but u can still draw and write in wm devices
Yes, and you can sign contract using your blood as ink...doesn't mean you should. See problem with resistive screens is they work using pure force that means whenever you put your finger on it, it will start writing. Resitive screens also don't bode well for multitouch. (Though multi touch is possible its much more complex to do). Wacom if I remember correctly uses magnetism.

To explain to you better here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS9_d5XYW7g

I drew on my winmo phone before but when drawing a big picture scrolling is a huge pain.

The point of the Galaxy Note is to have the advantage of the capactive screens and the precision of a resistive screen..the best of both world.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:38 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
you sound bitter. i would recommend discontinuing your tmobile service immediatly and using the saved money on happy pills, troll.

Let's just calm down everyone

I have owned a Diamond (resistive WM phone that came with a stylus) and the Galaxy Note (capacitive wacom android that came with a stylus).

Here's what I can say.

The stylus on the Diamond (WM) was more of a "you should use this instead of your finger because WM is hard to navigate and is not as touch friendly" and the Note is "this is really fun to use and Android is made to use your fingers, so you don't have to"

The Note one is way more accurate than I thought it would be, is very pressure sensitive, and is more fun that I thought it would be.

I thin the reason WM was knocked was because on a 2.8" screen it wasn't really practical. On a 5.3" screen you can actually take notes and do really cool stuff and it's a lot more fun.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:39 PM

btw gTen, I actually am curious about your thoughts on this device, being a Samsung lover.

Other than the snappy instead of the exynos, I can't think you'd have anything bad to say about it. I really do like it more than any other phone on the market right now
Old 03-08-2012, 03:33 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
btw gTen, I actually am curious about your thoughts on this device, being a Samsung lover.

Other than the snappy instead of the exynos, I can't think you'd have anything bad to say about it. I really do like it more than any other phone on the market right now
I am not a Samsung lover >.>...I just happen to like samsung stuff due to their bleeding edge specs..which as I said they are able to accomplish because they have an unfair advantage over most other companies...

From what I hear the Galaxy Note is an awesome phone, but my heart will always belong to phones with a keyboard

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison