PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 07:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: What should I replace my Sprint TP2 with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMeys View Post
Not on Sero. I've got an old fashioned plan which would need to be switched to a new everything plan plus the $10 per month data.

When is the SGS 2 supposed to be available?

And what is the best thing available now (no physical keyboard) for my needs?

Thanks.
Sometime is September..you needs generally can even be fulfilled by single core phones. But if you want latest and greatest currently the 2 flagship phones on sprint is Evo 3D and Motorola Photon...

IF your the type of person who wants updates the quickest there is the Nexus S 4G but it is a single core phone.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What does "single core phone" mean? I have no familiarity with anything but Windows phones. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
What does "single core phone" mean? I have no familiarity with anything but Windows phones. Thanks.
Ok, you know how computers have dual core, quad core..well before this year, all phones were single core phones (windows, android you name it all of them)..come this year there is dual core phones..

Your phones have something called a CPU that handles all the processing..on a single core phone you have 1 cpu with 1 core and it handles data by prioritizing and handling instructions 1 by 1. On a dual core phone, you have 2 cores which split the processing load in between themselves.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Got it. I'm leaning towards the Evo 3D. Just hate to have to change my plan for it. THanks for your help.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sorry, meant the Evo 4G.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:12 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Sorry, meant the Evo 4G.
Evo 4g is last years single core model..it will be discontinued by sprint soon but it will have updates via the community. But you probably could get it fairly cheap.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

What would be the best dual core or better phone already out then -- Evo 3D or something else? Thanks.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
What would be the best dual core or better phone already out then -- Evo 3D or something else? Thanks.
Well each has their ups and downs..Evo 3d has a more powerful processor but has slower ram. Evo 3d also has a lot of bloatware with the sense ui so if you want lag free experience you gotta root it and get rid of sense. Evo 3d will also probably have bigger community then the photon 4g. Photon 4g has a better camera and from what people are saying better reception. (unless htc fixed the reception)

Its all a mater of give and take..keep in mind you have 30days to swap your phone if you don't like it.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I'll recommend the HTC arrive, its wp7 and its not dual core but with how fast it performs u won't even notice. and it does almost everything ur looking for (outlook sync is done indirectly via the cloud tho and tethering needs an unlock and hack.) mango is also due out any moment now and it will bring alot of features to wp7, there's also a beta out that's amazing.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well each has their ups and downs..Evo 3d has a more powerful processor but has slower ram. Evo 3d also has a lot of bloatware with the sense ui so if you want lag free experience you gotta root it and get rid of sense. Evo 3d will also probably have bigger community then the photon 4g. Photon 4g has a better camera and from what people are saying better reception. (unless htc fixed the reception)

Its all a mater of give and take..keep in mind you have 30days to swap your phone if you don't like it.
Thank you. I'm not scared of rooting -- I've flashed my WM phones many times. Doesn't seem particularly more complicated. I really don't care about the camera at all (rarely use it). Reception could be an issue. I didn't look at the Photon at all, but I'll do that.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison