PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 01:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: What should I replace my Sprint TP2 with?

The only HTC slider atm is the shift...but considering the time I would wait on a dual core model...though it may be a wait till January...

Atm the only slider thats been announced is the Epic 2...but its not HTC and not a dual core either...1.2ghz single core...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Once you go 3D, you will never go black.

Get this PHONE!
Old 07-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
LFMAO! Really?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Wow, Heated battle here. Eric will defend Windows Phone 7 like I would. Android fanboys will do the same.

To the OP. I'll agree with Eric on a lot of stuff he said. 4G is only good if your in a area that has really good coverage AND the battery life on 4G devices (what ever carrier your on) is VERY questionable now(i've seen Sprint 4G phones in action).

QWERTY keyboards are a preference, try the models your looking at and find out what you like better.

Your options are Windows Phone 7 or Android. They both have their good and bad things.

Android can be very, very customizable but, has some major perfomance flaws. Also in the marketplace, tons of "crap" apps to sort through to get to the good ones.

Windows Phone 7, Very Rock solid (something you didn't get off your TP2) rebuilt from the ground up. Very limited on custimization but, it makes up for it in peformance. Application market as some "crap" but, over all a better quality applications in the marketplace.

We'll hear 2-3 different stories here, Android people will claim it's the best, Windows Phone 7 people will do the same. I'm shocked we have not seen a iPhoney user in this mix.

With that being said, take what you have learned here, do a little research to find out of the Android or WP7 is best for you, the go into your local store and test them for yourself.

If you still are unsure, check the return policy, most have 15-30 day return, so check on that, if your leaning towards something, take it home, live with it for 2 weeks if you hate it, return it.

Good luck on your quest.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 07-10-2011 at 12:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:

Get this PHONE!
@chong67 don't u mean back? and yes people have went back take a look at this

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-3d...hreat-htc.html
Old 07-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Quote:

Get this PHONE!
I'm not so sure bout that Chong lol, @OP, closest phone to what you're asking for is the Shift or Epic. I would go to a Sprint store and compare both phones, then make a decision from there. Also, if you can afford so, I would just look on Craigslist or bargain trader thread here and try to find one for maybe 200-300 bucks. Save your upgrade for something more worthy that will satisfy you for the next two years.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

I am also in the position of looking for a replacement for the Sprint TP2.

I've had the Touch Pro 2 almost since it came out, and I'm now eligible for an upgrade.

I have no idea where to go from here. Before the TP2 I had the Touch, and before that also a Windows phone.

I am willing to consider Android now. I am also willing to pay up to $200 after rebate for the right phone (though of course I'd prefer not to pay more than I need to).

I do not want a physical keyboard, and prefer a phone without one. Other than that, I need functions along the lines of what the TP2 has (but must not be laggy like the TP2).

It is important for me to be able to synch contacts & appointments between the phone and MS Outlook 2003 (Win 7). Can this even been done on an Android phone?

The other feature very important to me is ability to have incoming calls announced of BT (I presently use a hack to get that to work on the TP2) and voice dialing over BT.

Also, I now I have a grandfathered plan where I pay nothing for data -- I realize any new smartphone will require a data plan, but I'd prefer not to pay more than I have to for one.

What would be the best new phone for me (I can wait a couple of months too if there's something better coming out soon)?

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

It is also important for me to be able to do some casual tethering (like a couple times a year).
Old 08-22-2011, 05:53 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Yes, outlook sync is possible, tethering is possible...I think bluetooth thing is possible too...

For Android phones you must be on the new everything plan + an extra $10 premium data fee..only 1 android phone is excluded from the premium data fee which is the Samsung Replenish.

Unless you have a sero and plan to move to sero premium, then only the 4g phones have $10 fee..

As for best upcoming phone SGS 2...
Old 08-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Not on Sero. I've got an old fashioned plan which would need to be switched to a new everything plan plus the $10 per month data.

When is the SGS 2 supposed to be available?

And what is the best thing available now (no physical keyboard) for my needs?

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison