PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Epic 4G vs. Evo Shift 4G. Which is the phone to get? Why?

Title says it all.
Let the battle begin.

Last edited by tt C6; 01-04-2011 at 11:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Epic 4G vs. Evo Shift 4G. Which is the phone to get? Why?

OK.
I'll start it off.

FM Radio for local radio stations:
EVO Shift= YES
EPIC 4G= NO
Old 01-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

EVO Shift 4G vs EPIC 4G. Which is the phone to get? Why?

So, the Epic 4G has been the only Android slider worth having on Sprint.
Now that the EVO Shift 4G is here, which is he one to get and why ????

Title says it all.
Let the battle begin.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

shift should be a little better build quality.
shift has 800mhz overclockable to 1.5-1.7 ghz.
shift has cool dpad on the keyboard
shift should have a better development community
shift should receive updates faster
shift has sense maybe even NEW sense
shift is much cheaper
--vs--
epic has 4" screen
epic has super amoled screen
epic looks nicer without the damn chrome
Old 01-05-2011, 12:11 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: EVO Shift 4G vs EPIC 4G. Which is the phone to get? Why?

you know i luv to be the douch nozzle to say this.
off topic. belongs in phone comparison.
to answer the question, the evo shift is trash. it willl be their free phone in no time at all. compared to the epic , here it is. slower processor, smaller screen, smaller 4 row keyboard, the track pad on the keyboard may be a horrible idea(maybe),
the only up on the epic it has is froyo out the gate.
also, why would sprint introduce another one of these. it already has 5 phones in this class android 2.x,3.6ish inch screen, with slide? lets see, besides the epic, the transform, the moment, the intercept, you also have the tp2 and soon to be tp2 replacement the 7pro, i think its just rediculous to release another qwerty slider, 4g or not.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: EVO Shift 4G vs EPIC 4G. Which is the phone to get? Why?

Moved
Old 01-05-2011, 12:53 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Merged

Now then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
shift should be a little better build quality.
There is no bases for this..but so far the Epic has better build quality then the EVO..so I kinda doubt it

Quote:
shift has 800mhz overclockable to 1.5-1.7 ghz.
And Epic has a 1ghz cpu thats also overclockable to those numbers

Quote:
shift has cool dpad on the keyboard
which can also be a hassle..either way only use I see this is for gaming but I'd rather use a gamegripper then have one built in..

Quote:
shift should have a better development community
better in what way? while it is true HTC phones generally get more development, Samsung phones have gone a long way..not to mention shift community will still take time to build out where as epic already has one..

Quote:
shift should receive updates faster
What updates? by the sound of things there phones will stop official updates at Gingerbread as Honeycomb is aimed at dual cores/tablets...considering they will both get Gingerbread around same time and thats that..

Quote:
shift has sense maybe even NEW sense
ok..

Quote:
shift is much cheaper
Depends where you buy it..since shift is new it will prob be around its retail value..Epic you could get on a 3rd party site for $100..

Quote:
--vs--
epic has 4" screen
epic has super amoled screen
epic looks nicer without the damn chrome
Whats wrong with the chrome? its fine the way it is...and thats not a positive...

but I will add..to your list:

Epic has a 2x better GPU
Epic will most likely has a better camera (since HTC has yet to do 1 camera right)
Epic supports mkv, divx and xvid playback out of box
Epic already has a community and most issues are already known
Epic is almost unbrickable with the help of odin

I'm sure I am missing a few but its a good start..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 01-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
you know i luv to be the douch nozzle to say this.
off topic. belongs in phone comparison.
to answer the question, the evo shift is trash. it willl be their free phone in no time at all. compared to the epic , here it is. slower processor, smaller screen, smaller 4 row keyboard, the track pad on the keyboard may be a horrible idea(maybe),
the only up on the epic it has is froyo out the gate.
also, why would sprint introduce another one of these. it already has 5 phones in this class android 2.x,3.6ish inch screen, with slide? lets see, besides the epic, the transform, the moment, the intercept, you also have the tp2 and soon to be tp2 replacement the 7pro, i think its just rediculous to release another qwerty slider, 4g or not.
Do some research before you talk. The processor is not slower. Its faster than the evo and iphone processor. Plus the keyboard on it already has gotten great reviews as being one of the best keyboards right now. How is it ridicolous to release another slider? Sliders are some of the best selling phones. Just shut up and do some research before you talk.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 01-05-2011, 01:05 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
Do some research before you talk. The processor is not slower. Its faster than the evo and iphone processor. Plus the keyboard on it already has gotten great reviews as being one of the best keyboards right now. How is it ridicolous to release another slider? Sliders are some of the best selling phones. Just shut up and do some research before you talk.
i was replying to the "evo shift vs epic4g" thread that was merged with this one as you see i was comparing the 800mhz snapdragon 2 in the evoshift as being slower than the 1ghz hummingbird, witch is true. every one know the lower clocked s.d.2 outperforms the evos original snapdragon and has better battery life, but you cant say the same about the hummingbird. if you had done some research, you would know that the humming bird outperforms the iphone4 in speed also, so to bring up that the evoshift is better optimized than the iphone4 is a moot point. pls stay in the evo forums. i promise i wont come in there if you promise to mot come to the rest of the froum. ktanxbai!
please do some research before you talk.

Last edited by austin420; 01-05-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i was replying to the "evo shift vs epic" thread that was merged with this one as you see i was comparing the 800mhz snapdragon 2 in the evoshift as being slower than the 1ghz hummingbird, witch is true.
please do some research before you spout off kid.
It was 2 Epic vs Evo shift threads that got merged..original EVO was never part of the debate..

Overall though I think Sprint should have never released the Transform and just released the Evo shift without 4g as the Transform..its completely silly..

What is funny though is Sprint used to say that your paying extra for the 4g + the cpu..but Evo shift has same clocked CPU as the transform..and if your Area does not have 4g I wonder how Sprint will explain it...(And obviously the 800mhz in the shift completely destroys the Transform which we all know..but does Sprint or their Reps do and how will they explain it :/ lol)
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison