PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4G vs. Evo Shift 4G. Which is the phone to get? Why?

lolz. that makes yanks response even funnier.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
lolz. that makes yanks response even funnier.
Although I like busting balls and a good laugh as much as anyone else.....

I was hoping to have some technical arguments made here, with factual support, so I can make an educated decision before Sunday.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:13 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
Although I like busting balls and a good laugh as much as anyone else.....

I was hoping to have some technical arguments made here, with factual support, so I can make an educated decision before Sunday.

Thanks.
Usually VS threads tend to go biased one way or the next..but overall though..maybe you want to add what exactly you use your phone for and what you expect from a phone? based on that we may be able to assist you better.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 01-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Usually VS threads tend to go biased one way or the next..but overall though..maybe you want to add what exactly you use your phone for and what you expect from a phone? based on that we may be able to assist you better.
Exactly. It all depends on what you do with the phone. I love my evo cause it works for me but I have thought about switching to the epic. Looking at the specs of the shift I think I would choose the epic. Especially since it still doesn't have 2.2 which will make it even better.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Almost a VIP

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
i was replying to the "evo shift vs epic4g" thread that was merged with this one as you see i was comparing the 800mhz snapdragon 2 in the evoshift as being slower than the 1ghz hummingbird, witch is true. every one know the lower clocked s.d.2 outperforms the evos original snapdragon and has better battery life, but you cant say the same about the hummingbird. if you had done some research, you would know that the humming bird outperforms the iphone4 in speed also, so to bring up that the evoshift is better optimized than the iphone4 is a moot point. pls stay in the evo forums. i promise i wont come in there if you promise to mot come to the rest of the froum. ktanxbai!
please do some research before you talk.
That's ok. I'll continue posting on all forums. I've owned other phones and still own other phones other than the evo so i'll be ok posting in different sections. Thanks anyway though.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:11 AM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
That's ok. I'll continue posting on all forums. I've owned other phones and still own other phones other than the evo so i'll be ok posting in different sections. Thanks anyway though.
ill take that as you conceeding that i was right and you were wrong on all counts regarding snapdragon2 vs humming bird.

Last edited by austin420; 01-05-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

gdmatson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I liked this thread for the first 3 posts. People need to simmer down! That being said, I currently have a hero and want to upgrade. 1 issue I have with my hero is I can only play some videos. Should I expect the same from these phones? Is 1 better than the other or is it a matter of downloading something? I'm not interested in changing the phones programming. Thanks in advance for any factual help.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 PM

im not sure about the evoshift, but the epic has supported every type of video ive thrown at tit so far which include avi, wav, mp4, mkv, h264, divx and others. the only problem ive had is it wont play anything better than stereo audio. if your video has 2 channel audio(stereo), it plays fine. if it is 6 channel (5.1) your ****ed.
i like that it even plays lossless audio files like .flac directly out of the box.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Almost a VIP

The evo plays all those video formats or at least that's what the specs say. But I know that the epic definitely plays all those. My friends epic has played every file we put on it so far. I myself would prefer the epic over shift on specs alone. I guess we'll see when it becomes available.

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 01-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
ill take that as you conceeding that i was right and you were wrong on all counts regarding snapdragon2 vs humming bird.
I wouldn't say that but thanks for the extra info on the processors.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison