PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO
Carrier: Sprint

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I can upgrade Dec 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Cool it Shatner... no need to troll every thread he posts in instigating. Let bygones be bygones.

i would but he KEEPS doing it, wrong forum... wrong forum. It is like an alcoholic to a drink.

I am his hangover

I refute that I am instigating. I am reacting to him being so anal-retentive about where people post threads, especially TP2 owners. Eric you need to realize that TP2 owners would like to discuss issues among other owners of the same phone and field their opinions in the TP2 general discussion forum. It is okay, and the PPCGeeks forum will survive even if it is just a little bit unorganized.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:38 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (The Most EPIC ppc.: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I'm with shatner.
on topic. i went on ahead to android with an epic 4g and love it. ive also got an upgrade chillin, so i think ill get the wp7 phone too. even though i think the first one on sprint will just be a glorified tp2, that is where all the action will be.

Last edited by austin420; 11-18-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
i would but he KEEPS doing it, wrong forum... wrong forum. It is like an alcoholic to a drink.

I am his hangover

I refute that I am instigating. I am reacting to him being so anal-retentive about where people post threads, especially TP2 owners. Eric you need to realize that TP2 owners would like to discuss issues among other owners of the same phone and field their opinions in the TP2 general discussion forum. It is okay, and the PPCGeeks forum will survive even if it is just a little bit unorganized.
Yeah but stepping all over someone else's thread to meter out your little vendetta is rude. You walked in here, targeted Eric's post.... made your lil driveby comment, never even mentioning ANYTHING related to the topic of the post and then bounced. That comes off very petty.

At least he dignified the OP with an on topic response.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Yeah but stepping all over someone else's thread to meter out your little vendetta is rude. You walked in here, targeted Eric's post.... made your lil driveby comment, never even mentioning ANYTHING related to the topic of the post and then bounced. That comes off very petty.

At least he dignified the OP with an on topic response.
he does it every damn time. bleep

Last edited by eenieMINI; 11-18-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: cursing
Old 11-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bleep
Oh no Invinc, I stand in solidarity with the OP, I started a very similar thread on 10/9/10
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...phone-idk.html

and eric was quick to step in and step all over it with his hand to the forehead frustration about these threads being in the wrong place. Since then there has been more similar threads about the same subject, yet to be underscored with Eric's incessant 'wrong forum' warm-welcomed openess to those who are looking for some commonality and input from other people who own TP2 phones. He has restrained himself a few times, and I was proud to see that. He does contribute his input as well which is nice. So it is really not a vendetta in the actual sense of the word. I suppose it would be correct to say he has a vendetta against errant posters.

On topic, I would like to stay with WM but I think it is going to be "dead" in the popular market. I would like to be proven wrong but I am confident that Android and iOS will be the ones to contend with. As users I am thinking the choices to have the best experience from are going to be the platforms where the most developers are. WM7 ads are playing against their faults "a phone that just works so you dont have to mess with your phone..." Well, it was PPC's that were geared toward techy business types that needed a mobile computer in the first place but now are loosing market fast. Windows phones can have tons of tweeks and mods, but I am often restarting my phone more than my PC on my desk!

So my suggestion would be go with an android phone on dec 1st.

Last edited by eenieMINI; 11-18-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
maldito desgraciado marica!? AYE!!!!! save it for the gay messican forum sweety.

Oh no Invinc, I stand in solidarity with the OP, I started a very similar thread on 10/9/10
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...phone-idk.html

and eric was quick to step in and step all over it with his hand to the forehead frustration about these threads being in the wrong place. Since then there has been more similar threads about the same subject, yet to be underscored with Eric's incessant 'wrong forum' warm-welcomed openess to those who are looking for some commonality and input from other people who own TP2 phones. He has restrained himself a few times, and I was proud to see that. He does contribute his input as well which is nice. So it is really not a vendetta in the actual sense of the word. I suppose it would be correct to say he has a vendetta against errant posters.

On topic, I would like to stay with WM but I think it is going to be "dead" in the popular market. I would like to be proven wrong but I am confident that Android and iOS will be the ones to contend with. As users I am thinking the choices to have the best experience from are going to be the platforms where the most developers are. WM7 ads are playing against their faults "a phone that just works so you dont have to mess with your phone..." Well, it was PPC's that were geared toward techy business types that needed a mobile computer in the first place but now are loosing market fast. Windows phones can have tons of tweeks and mods, but I am often restarting my phone more than my PC on my desk!

So my suggestion would be go with an android phone on dec 1st.
no i remember you coming in even when i didnt say wrong forum and attacked me over it. and as for the 2nd to last statement i gave you the solution in the thread you started, once u venture away from build 21889 you will see some greater stability and functionality.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i'm about 2 seconds from retiring my tp2 and going with the evo...somebody talk me out of it lol! (wal-mart has a sweet deal...fighting temptation..)
Old 11-18-2010, 02:25 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i'm about 2 seconds from retiring my tp2 and going with the evo...somebody talk me out of it lol! (wal-mart has a sweet deal...fighting temptation..)
oh nooes. get the epic instead.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

did the epic ever get an official upgrade?
Old 11-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
no i remember you coming in even when i didnt say wrong forum and attacked me over it. and as for the 2nd to last statement i gave you the solution in the thread you started, once u venture away from build 21889 you will see some greater stability and functionality.

I wouldnt say "attacked" how do you say thin skin in spanish?

Why would I attack you about it when you didnt say wrong forum, that doesnt make sense to me... I might have said something sarcastic like, nice job, you didnt say wrong forum. Thats a complement.

oh wait I found it! HAH!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/phone-comp...ml#post1982885

I didnt realize at that time that that "douche" was only one person. I thought PPCG would rain down a hail of "wrong forum" posts, but alas it was just you, so every post that seemed out of line I would open, and sure enought there you are, "wrong forum" so I am annoying you like you are annoying others with legit questions (albeit in the wrong forum). WEEEE!

I am on build 21683 on energy and still have a few glitches...
aye carumba! quiƩn sabe?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison