PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I can finally upgrade...but if I wait I could get a Windows 7 instead of Android...so hard to decide.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

jdfrye is just getting started
Re: I can upgrade Dec 1st

Go android. Seems Windows doesnt keep the store apps updated lately. for example the facebook app is broken and has been broken now for almost two months, they know this and leave it in their store for DL. There are more apps for the android and will probaly always be, and the support will always be better.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ScratchyPDX is just getting started

b4u2,

I'm a VZW customer and I'm right in the same boat with you. I would like to upgrade soon, but I'm wondering if I should...

1) Go with 3G Android?
2) Wait for W7?
3) Wait for 4G Android?

It's a tough decision. However, I'm thinking of holding off for a few more months to see what the market brings. If nothing else, I just wait and then get an Android-based phone.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

wrong place for this but definately go for a wp7 phone. and @ jdfrye wp7 is a completely different ball game than wm and the reason that the fb app hadnt been fixed yet is cuz ms was busy promoting wp7 and getting it off the table they havent forgotten about wm they just released an update for outlook yesterday.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Brutos, malinformados, ignorantes. lol.

Do what feels right for you bro... My wife's on the same boat... She has a TP and is ready for an upgrade... She almost asked me to get her the Blackberry Style... But after going to the Microsoft store here in San Diego... She decided to wait and see what Sprint comes out with in early 2011. She really liked the WP7 interface.
p.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

savage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuff

My wife has always hated my WinMo devices(6 of them), she says it does too much for her to handle. I have now showed her the WP7 interface and many of it features, she is officially on board to wait for the pro7 on sprint.
As of now it sounds like it is ready to ship just waiting on microsoft to give the OK.
I do not think MS had delayed the CDMA carriers for the raido issues, I think it was for Duel raidos CDMA/GSM world phones/4G.
Because i have not seen this in any of the dev stuff.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

My understanding was that they wanted to have a global presense... So they asked the manufacturers to stick to GSM for their first devices. Then they gave the ok for CDMA. Or something like that.
But who cares... We'll get it early 2011 and we should have at least one revision in place by then. Copy paste is a strong possibility and multitasking is my hope.
p.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I'm trying to convince the wife to give Android a try... she wont even let me put xandroid on her tp2 so she can feel the glory...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO
Carrier: Sprint

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
wrong place for this but

oh noez its the "wrong forum" czar! Watch out!

Last edited by shatner; 11-17-2010 at 08:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
oh noez its the "wrong forum" czar! Watch out!
Cool it Shatner... no need to troll every thread he posts in instigating. Let bygones be bygones.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison