PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   I can upgrade Dec 1st (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137100)

b4u2 11-17-2010 10:48 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I can finally upgrade...but if I wait I could get a Windows 7 instead of Android...so hard to decide.

jdfrye 11-17-2010 11:12 AM

Re: I can upgrade Dec 1st

Go android. Seems Windows doesnt keep the store apps updated lately. for example the facebook app is broken and has been broken now for almost two months, they know this and leave it in their store for DL. There are more apps for the android and will probaly always be, and the support will always be better.

ScratchyPDX 11-17-2010 11:29 AM

b4u2,

I'm a VZW customer and I'm right in the same boat with you. I would like to upgrade soon, but I'm wondering if I should...

1) Go with 3G Android?
2) Wait for W7?
3) Wait for 4G Android?

It's a tough decision. However, I'm thinking of holding off for a few more months to see what the market brings. If nothing else, I just wait and then get an Android-based phone.

eric12341 11-17-2010 01:37 PM

wrong place for this but definately go for a wp7 phone. and @ jdfrye wp7 is a completely different ball game than wm and the reason that the fb app hadnt been fixed yet is cuz ms was busy promoting wp7 and getting it off the table they havent forgotten about wm they just released an update for outlook yesterday.

AZTECHKA 11-17-2010 01:43 PM

Brutos, malinformados, ignorantes. lol.

Do what feels right for you bro... My wife's on the same boat... She has a TP and is ready for an upgrade... She almost asked me to get her the Blackberry Style... But after going to the Microsoft store here in San Diego... She decided to wait and see what Sprint comes out with in early 2011. She really liked the WP7 interface.
p.

savage25rcracer 11-17-2010 07:31 PM

My wife has always hated my WinMo devices(6 of them), she says it does too much for her to handle. I have now showed her the WP7 interface and many of it features, she is officially on board to wait for the pro7 on sprint.
As of now it sounds like it is ready to ship just waiting on microsoft to give the OK.
I do not think MS had delayed the CDMA carriers for the raido issues, I think it was for Duel raidos CDMA/GSM world phones/4G.
Because i have not seen this in any of the dev stuff.

AZTECHKA 11-17-2010 07:51 PM

My understanding was that they wanted to have a global presense... So they asked the manufacturers to stick to GSM for their first devices. Then they gave the ok for CDMA. Or something like that.
But who cares... We'll get it early 2011 and we should have at least one revision in place by then. Copy paste is a strong possibility and multitasking is my hope.
p.

InvincibleLiving 11-17-2010 08:35 PM

I'm trying to convince the wife to give Android a try... she wont even let me put xandroid on her tp2 so she can feel the glory...

shatner 11-17-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1997357)
wrong place for this but

oh noez its the "wrong forum" czar! Watch out!

InvincibleLiving 11-17-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatner (Post 1997780)
oh noez its the "wrong forum" czar! Watch out!

Cool it Shatner... no need to troll every thread he posts in instigating. Let bygones be bygones.