PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any regrets?

hey...... I have been thinking about getting the Evo and have done a ton of research on the phone and specs inside. I can really close in purchasing the Evo last week but chicked out for a reason. Has anyone seen the upcomming Samsung Galaxy? On Sprint it will be called "Epic". But my main reason I backed away from the Evo was the fact that the Epic will be released this summer. And it packs 3 times more power than the snapdargon inside the Evo. And specially the fact that its not a HTC phone. Htc in my opinion build poor quality phones. So what does everyone think about the Epic?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Any regrets?

I don't know much about the Epic. I'm sure its a good device and will have a following, but it will be much smaller. Mark my words, the epic forum will be a third of the size of this one, maybe smaller. Having said that, the Evo is a great device and I have absolutely no regrets. I don't agree that HTC make poor devices either. Ive had 5 of them in the last several years and they held up quite nicely. One more thing, if the Epic is that much better than the Evo, why do you think Sprint has made the Evo its flagship? Why would they do that and turn around a put out another device that's much better shortly thereafter? That would be highly stupid.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

None. I wouldn't change anything either!!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

My only regret is that I didn't switch to android earlier. As for the evo vs epic its all about preference. There are a lot of people out there that would love to have an evo but can't do without a keyboard and the epic would fill that need for sure.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I don't know much about the Epic. I'm sure its a good device and will have a following, but it will be much smaller. Mark my words, the epic forum will be a third of the size of this one, maybe smaller. Having said that, the Evo is a great device and I have absolutely no regrets. I don't agree that HTC make poor devices either. Ive had 5 of them in the last several years and they held up quite nicely. One more thing, if the Epic is that much better than the Evo, why do you think Sprint has made the Evo its flagship? Why would they do that and turn around a put out another device that's much better shortly thereafter? That would be highly stupid.
the galaxy (epic) is being released in over 100 countries, not to mention 6 us carriers. i think it will have a huge following, there are other phone forums beside ppcgeeks you know. im sure the support/dev will be equal to that evo. the epic does beat out the evo in a couple of areas mainly cpu/gpu but on most fronts theyre pretty equal. sprint should put the same push behind it as they did the evo imo. nothing wrong with 2 flagships!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
the galaxy (epic) is being released in over 100 countries, not to mention 6 us carriers. i think it will have a huge following, there are other phone forums beside ppcgeeks you know. im sure the support/dev will be equal to that evo. the epic does beat out the evo in a couple of areas mainly cpu/gpu but on most fronts theyre pretty equal. sprint should put the same push behind it as they did the evo imo. nothing wrong with 2 flagships!
good points redd214. I am aware that its being released elsewhere and that there are other forums. lol. I guess we will see how it is supported. I would like it to do well for Sprint's sake. Frankly if the incredible was available on Sprint, I would have strongly considered it as well for the form factor.

I just love how people constantly are searching to either validate their purchase or worry about whether something is better coming out. Just be happy with what you got peeps. More often than not, if you get the Epic/Evo you will dislike something and complain about it so whats the difference. In the end, the Evo will be a dinosaur in a year as will the Epic. That's why we are all the knuckleheads that we are dropping tons of cash on the next great device

Last edited by Riley; 07-11-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:36 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
My only regret is that I didn't switch to android earlier.
That about sums it all up...
Old 07-11-2010, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work

I'm waiting* for the Epic, the super amoled screen & the A8 processor will most likely give the device better battery life then the Evo. also, in all the hands-on videos of the Epic, the scrolling looked super smooth and the display looked amazing, especially the black levels. that doesn't mean it's a better phone than the evo though, both are great. if you want the option of using a keyboard, get the epic. no keyboard = evo. wait till the epic comes out and play around with it. buy the one you like the best.

*i have to wait till January to upgrade, that's the only reason i don't have an evo right now. now i must resist impulse buying the epic when it comes out this month.... sigh.

Last edited by ppcgpirate; 07-11-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

Great responses! I was expecting the evo trolls to come out and say "Evos the best!go to hell!". Yes, the galaxy will be released to almost all the big US carriers and I do expect a big following. In paper.... the Galaxy smokes the Evo. But like one of you said " in a year both the Evo and Epic will be dinosaurs. hehe
Old 07-12-2010, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

coppermine18 is just getting started

Now that I warmed up to android I will do as I did with every wm device I wanted...buy every one when it comes out. Lol

Bye bye WM, it was fun.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison