PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88
Re: Iphone really is the best phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
My avatar is better than yours.
Yeah well.....pfff, My Phone is better then yours......

(holds up flame shield)

[NOTE - I am JUST KIDDING)

Why can't we all just be friends?
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 07-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamio88 View Post
Yeah well.....pfff, My Phone is better then yours......

(holds up flame shield)

[NOTE - I am JUST KIDDING)

Why can't we all just be friends?
It's all gravy homes
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The Droid is not "light years" behind the iPhone. It has a slower CPU, no doubt. Other than that, they aren't very different. It doesn't have a "retina display" either, but that's essentially pointless on such a small screen (when compared to an Evo or Droid X). I just have an honest opinion, and it's that I'm not a fan of the iPhone, and I like the Droid (or any almost Android phone made after it) a lot better. Even if you can use Media Monkey, you're still basically locked to iTunes, since Media Monkey is basically doing the same thing that iTunes does. I like being able to just plug my phone into any computer with a USB port and copy/move stuff, without having to install any kind of software. Also Google Maps Navigation is amazing.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:25 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandogg View Post
The Droid is not "light years" behind the iPhone. It has a slower CPU, no doubt. Other than that, they aren't very different. It doesn't have a "retina display" either, but that's essentially pointless on such a small screen (when compared to an Evo or Droid X). I just have an honest opinion, and it's that I'm not a fan of the iPhone, and I like the Droid (or any almost Android phone made after it) a lot better. Even if you can use Media Monkey, you're still basically locked to iTunes, since Media Monkey is basically doing the same thing that iTunes does. I like being able to just plug my phone into any computer with a USB port and copy/move stuff, without having to install any kind of software. Also Google Maps Navigation is amazing.
you can just plug it in and move stuff, its called SSH, a simple iPhone hack allows you to do that.

The droid X has a bootloader that does not even allow you to flash custom ROMs so I wouldn't bring that up as some kind of great device. You said the original droid, not the Evo. the i4 is about the same as the Evo hardware-wise except that the hummingbird cpu crushes the snapdragon as far as graphics go.

It's all opinion either way.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

Oh and for the record. I don't care about the iPhone or the Galaxy S, or the Droid (x), or the Evo.

I am all about the Dell Streak. Gettin that sucka on DAY ONE.

(was gonna go with the Evo, but that 5" Screen on the Streak just screams "Jamio buy me", and when Dell tells me what to do, I do it) [....I love you Dell]

Seriously though, Dell has never done me wrong, and the Streak is gonna be a powerhouse to be reckoned with
Old 07-27-2010, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus
Carrier: At&t

nite732 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to nite732 Send a message via Yahoo to nite732 Send a message via Skype™ to nite732

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Well I am also talking about Hummingbird CPU in the A4 on the iPhone 4, and the quality of the material, but I tend to agree with you I'd rather have something less likely to slip.

That's why I'm loving my HD2 right now. Sometimes I'd rather run winmo 6.5 and sometimes I want to run Android. I can do both with this phone
So you concur!!!!!! lol
Old 07-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamio88 View Post
Oh and for the record. I don't care about the iPhone or the Galaxy S, or the Droid (x), or the Evo.

I am all about the Dell Streak. Gettin that sucka on DAY ONE.

(was gonna go with the Evo, but that 5" Screen on the Streak just screams "Jamio buy me", and when Dell tells me what to do, I do it) [....I love you Dell]

Seriously though, Dell has never done me wrong, and the Streak is gonna be a powerhouse to be reckoned with
So you're leaving Sprint and going to AT&T for the Streak? Hopefully your already have a spare AT&T account and have the grandfathered unlimited data plan or expect to pay much, much more for service and a capped data plan. Also you know that the phone is shipping with Android 1.6 at release when 3.0 is expected to drop by years end. Don't forget that many current highend apps/games require Android 2.x just to run on.

How many upgrades do you think Dell is going to offer? At least if the phone shipped with 2.1 or 2.2 there's a chance it'll see 3.0, but I doubt that any manufacturer will bring a phone through this many upgrades. Whenever it finally sees Froyo then that's probably the last official update you'll see from Dell.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:49 PM

yeah I wouldn't go to ATT for a streak. they lock down their androids big time, and I don't see any dev support for this phone.

Better to stay on Spring and get an Epic.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Sprint

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandogg View Post

You can move things on any computer with sharepod which is free. If you need it and don't know about it just google it up. As far as Google Maps, that's not a selling point for any phone or platform since it is on all of them now. Some a little different than others, but it is pretty much all the same.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

does the iphone version of google maps have voice turn by turn nav?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison