PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Iphone really is the best phone

Do you guys ever read some of the other forum postings on here about other phones like the EVO or Touch Pro2. Seriously, they talk about how great their phones are and how dumb the iphone folks are but all the postings in those forums are about problems or issues they are having with their phones. The only problems (if you call them problems) that we have here are when the new jailbreaks are coming out or whether our phones might have a reception issue that’s easily fixed with putting on a case.

I just got back from a trip in Chicago, my iphone literally lasted all day (and night), helped me find my way around the city and kept track of the subway times using apps. It really helped me out a lot in many ways and possibly saved me and my GF's life when we accidently got off the train in the ghetto at midnight and needed the gps and search functions to know where I’m at and call a taxi.

If I had any other phone, the battery would’ve been dead hours ago and we really would’ve been in some serious danger. The iphone really came through for us and helped us in real world situations. After this weekend’s experience, I’ve really grown to appreciate the phone, screw the haters out there.

Last edited by NIKKG; 07-06-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sorge is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Iphone really is the best phone

I have an app called google maps, it would allow directions and give me numbers for taxi services.

Really Hero is the best phone, because in one real life situation, I ran into road construction, hit the alternate route button on google navigator, and saved me maybe half hour of yelling at traffic.

FYI not every android phone sucks battery, my hero lasted me a good 24 hours unless I was surfing all day, and my droid has been the same.

But sounds like you and your iphone should avoid the ghetto, they will knife you for your toy.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Cool story bro.

Anyway, while the iPhone is a good phone, the OS isn't for eveyone. I personally prefer the Android OS but appreciate the quality and abilities of the iPhone as well. Therefore, Android (my EVO) is the best phone for me; I am happy for you for the fact that you are so fond of your iPhone and feel it is the best phone for you. Thanks again for sharing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:26 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

lol. your right. the iphone is the best phone out there...
for me to poop on!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
just kidding. im giving nikkg trouble for trolling the tp2 forums so hard last year. we miss you!

Old 07-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That’s what makes it so great, its the battery life. What good is a phone if the battery only last 5 hours? They make a big deal about carrying spare batteries, but I and most people probably don't walk around with extra batteries in their pockets. Coming from the TP1/TP2 where all you get are crashes and resets, this phone is amazing. I also tried android 2.1 with the Nexus One for a couple weeks, it was ok, but still doesn’t work as seamlessly as the iphone with iOS4. So my honest opinion is as of right now, the iphone 4 with iOS4 is the best smartphone and I’ve tried without a doubt, there is nothing out there right now that has a combination of battery life, speed, seamless integration, huge amount of apps, and accessories like the iphone does. Also, I forgot to mention the camera, it was so clear and high quality, that I left the Canon point and shoot at the hotel and just used my iphone during the remainder of the trip. By far the best cell phone camera I ever used, makes the TP2 camera look like a sad joke.

I am not saying this won’t change later, maybe Android 3.0 will close the gap or the WinMo 7 coming out might beat it (unlikely). I’ve used just about every phone out there, including WebOS and all the WinMo incarnations. Without a doubt the iphone 4 is the Gold Standard for which other phones are to be judged. And this is coming from a guy who hates Apple and ridiculed everyone who got iphones when the first iphones 2G appeared.

Last edited by NIKKG; 07-06-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:53 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

See one thing I gotta give to the iphone is the hardware...they always kept to the latest in hardware every year....while most of our "power phones" end up with crappy hardware thats dated...I mean even the EVO..they had snapdragons 2 years ago and are already releasing new ones....I mean whenever I have my TP2...I kinda feel ashamed of the hardware..a power phone has not had an advantage over the iphone in hardware ever since the original iphone...

Right now though seems like things are gonna pick up in the hardware game...starting with the Galaxy S >.>..it has pretty much 2x the battery life and 2x the power of the EVO..(it has inside the same/similar chip to the iphone but iphone one is underclocked)

But still I wouldn't call the iphone not having any issue..there was the yellow screen issue and etc..plus not having reception on a phone is probably the worst issue you can possibly have...usually if there is an issue that is a defect you can return it/exchange it..Apple tells you "working as intended" >.>...personally I avoid cases as where I am the humidity is crazy causing all electronics to heat up..so if I can I avoid the cases and go for a simple skin...

All hail Galaxy S

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
See one thing I gotta give to the iphone is the hardware...they always kept to the latest in hardware every year....while most of our "power phones" end up with crappy hardware thats dated...I mean even the EVO..they had snapdragons 2 years ago and are already releasing new ones....I mean whenever I have my TP2...I kinda feel ashamed of the hardware..a power phone has not had an advantage over the iphone in hardware ever since the original iphone...

Right now though seems like things are gonna pick up in the hardware game...starting with the Galaxy S >.>..it has pretty much 2x the battery life and 2x the power of the EVO..(it has inside the same/similar chip to the iphone but iphone one is underclocked)

But still I wouldn't call the iphone not having any issue..there was the yellow screen issue and etc..plus not having reception on a phone is probably the worst issue you can possibly have...usually if there is an issue that is a defect you can return it/exchange it..Apple tells you "working as intended" >.>...personally I avoid cases as where I am the humidity is crazy causing all electronics to heat up..so if I can I avoid the cases and go for a simple skin...

All hail Galaxy S
I never had the screen issue and the antenna problem isn't a big deal, the news people don't have anything to talk about so they are hyping it up. I had my iphone in Chicago without a case and had absolutely no issues whatsoever and I used it all over the place. Always had good signal.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:58 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I never had the screen issue and the antenna problem isn't a big deal, the news people don't have anything to talk about so they are hyping it up. I had my iphone in Chicago without a case and had absolutely no issues whatsoever and I used it all over the place. Always had good signal.
Same could be said about my Apache, Mogul and TP2..I personally never had a problem and good battery life...but to each person it may be different...maybe some devices have weaker antennas due to manufacturing flaw...or maybe you just happen to hold your phone right...its perspective...
Old 07-06-2010, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Same could be said about my Apache, Mogul and TP2..I personally never had a problem and good battery life...but to each person it may be different...maybe some devices have weaker antennas due to manufacturing flaw...or maybe you just happen to hold your phone right...its perspective...
Yup no problems with my antenna on my TP2.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post

All hail Galaxy S
the 3GS was underclocked but the A4 running hummingbird is clocked at 1ghz, same as the galaxy S

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison