PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 01:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3 weeks and I am GONE!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtnsnw1 View Post
Ya know, I have gotten about three times the responses bashin me for leaving this phone than I ever got good answers to any of my problems. Oh well guess us dumb floks will just have to keep busy fixin your cars and keeping heat in your houses

Chris
so you think us electronic geeks can't hang with hands on? well by day i am a mechanical engineer who designs the things you work on,...and i love my phones.

if you make a post complaining about a phone in the said phones forum, expect a little bashing. i had the tp2 myself and moved on to the incredible. however in most ways i miss my tp2, i miss customizing and flashing roms. the incredible is nice and all but i can't compare it to the tp2. to me they were totally different phones. wish i had just kept the tp2 as well.

maybe get your incredible and hold on to your tp2, you'd be very surprised at what it is capable of if you took the time to learn the ways of winmo....if you can fix a car, you can fix winmo, haha, well maybe not a 1:1...
Old 06-22-2010, 01:24 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

camscell is becoming a great contributor

Why do you have to bash the guy maybe he got a few lemons in a row, I myself made the switch to the 1ghz android not because I didn't like the TP2 I had a great run with mine and enjoyed it but the hardware isnt top tier and I wanna try something thats "latest & greatest" Enjoy your android I am going too...

P.S. I miss windows 98 LOL

The guy expressed his personal feelings on his phone, why do you have to bash honestly? He's probably frustrated beyond all hell with the damn phone give him a break don't attack his intelligence over the use of a cellular phone.. thats pathetic how about you talk to him about something he's very keen in and then he can bash the living $hit out of you about it and call you an idiot... Some of us on here don't live and breathe our cellular phone and all the wikipedia terms for it we try to give a little and take a little from the community, maybe some people don't offer the same amount of "phone knowledge" as others but we are all here for the same thing.. To make our phones run to the fullest potential....
EVO
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:34 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by camscell View Post
Why do you have to bash the guy maybe he got a few lemons in a row, I myself made the switch to the 1ghz android not because I didn't like the TP2 I had a great run with mine and enjoyed it but the hardware isnt top tier and I wanna try something thats "latest & greatest" Enjoy your android I am going too...

P.S. I miss windows 98 LOL

The guy expressed his personal feelings on his phone, why do you have to bash honestly? He's probably frustrated beyond all hell with the damn phone give him a break don't attack his intelligence over the use of a cellular phone.. thats pathetic how about you talk to him about something he's very keen in and then he can bash the living $hit out of you about it and call you an idiot... Some of us on here don't live and breathe our cellular phone and all the wikipedia terms for it we try to give a little and take a little from the community, maybe some people don't offer the same amount of "phone knowledge" as others but we are all here for the same thing.. To make our phones run to the fullest potential....
cause its him not the phone i guess.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:41 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

after looking over his posts, his problems were the original verizon 6.5 update. Not sure why he never tried a custom ROM or going back to 6.1. He decided to stick with a buggy verizon 6.5 and just got new phones everytime he wasn't happy with it. I bet everyone of his send ins were functional phones.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

camscell is becoming a great contributor

How can you say its him? Maybe its possible people learn things differently?? Some people can't read things and apply it in their brain.. I deal with that on a daily basis working with apprentices in the trade I'm in.. I don't be-little a guy and call him an idiot because he can't understand something on paper, I'll take the time and show him hands on.. Thats the down fall of the internet, youtube helps some though...
Old 06-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

OK guys, no reason to bash, let's all be civil here. let's all be as cool as this dude and just chill out.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

xjack is becoming a great contributor

this thread sucks
Old 06-22-2010, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

yeah, send me your TP2 and I'll be glad to take it off your hands. Just have to know how to use it bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtnsnw1 View Post
yep and I have been trying to get it to work from day 1. True, the phone is probably not broke, it is programing and I amm not willing to invest my time or money on something that should work. I have had battery issue, lock up issues, dead phone from verizon issues and now my latest is a phone that starts programs all by itself and is so sketchy on it's bluetooth you never know if it is going to work or not. Also, it has to be reset once a day because it won't wake up!

I know all you diehards with the latest super duper cooked up roms love this thing, but I just want a phone I can surf the web answer texts use some cool apps and hook to my motorcycle bluetooth and have the darn thing work!!!

call me a whiner a cry baby or whatever this phone has been a complete pain!!! Oh yeah, bringing up a post from months ago when I was trying to get some help and respect of people here is nice.

Chris

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 06-22-2010, 03:12 PM
acs tester

op's name is like mine if your dyslexic, not saying op is just something i was looking at.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison