PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

drtnsnw1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3 weeks and I am GONE!!!!!!

as soon as the droid gets here I will get with ya guys. Hopefully it will go to someone smart enough to use it

Chris
Old 06-22-2010, 12:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtnsnw1 View Post
as soon as the droid gets here I will get with ya guys. Hopefully it will go to someone smart enough to use it

Chris
hopefully lol, if not, it will add to our current ruckus of people not liking the tp2 because they are comparing to a 1Ghz device or simply have no idea on how to use it.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-22-2010, 12:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Funny you would bash it now.......
I'll give him 3 weeks to start bitching about the new phones problems.....

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

lol. once you get a refurb all bets are off.
tp2s are very solid out of the box but if you break it and get a refurb you will be sucked into an endless cycle of returning phones thinking the next one will be better.

this is not the fault of wm or htc or even sprint. its OUR fault for sending thousands of phones to sprint thinking we will get a "like new" replacement for free when we f'ed it up somehow.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:49 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:

Chris
Sounds like you need an Iphone. They work real well for Dumb folks!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
hopefully lol, if not, it will add to our current ruckus of people not liking the tp2 because they are comparing to a 1Ghz device or simply have no idea on how to use it.
I think a lot of it comes from envy over the drastically better powered devices coming out, but a lot of it comes from the giant flaws in Windows Mobile that we have learned to live with. Once you see how flawlessly the new phones run, it gets a little harder to keep looking at your device which has an OS completely designed to not be finger friendly and later patched with 6.5 just so that Microsoft could release SOMETHING to keep people going until WP7 dropped. The TP2 is a great phone and windows mobile was a great OS. Both have been passed now though, so people are starting to notice their devices are no longer tha latest and greatest.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:58 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I'll give him 3 weeks to start bitching about the new phones problems.....

~John
absolutely agree, wait till he tries to figure out android if wimo has him clueless.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

drtnsnw1 is a n00b

Ya know, I have gotten about three times the responses bashin me for leaving this phone than I ever got good answers to any of my problems. Oh well guess us dumb floks will just have to keep busy fixin your cars and keeping heat in your houses

Chris
Old 06-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Ya know, I have gotten about three times the responses bashin me for leaving this phone than I ever got good answers to any of my problems. Oh well guess us dumb floks will just have to keep busy fixin your cars and keeping heat in your houses

Chris
How do you fix a car? You have to be told what is wrong with it, especially over the internet where you can't diagnosis yourself.
If you come on here with specific complaints, most times we can offer a solution. Whether you like that solution or not is up to you. And yes with WinMo sometimes the best solution to have a well running phone is to flash a custom ROM.
You'll have to excuse the heavy dose of sarcasm on here. But if you look at some of the thread topics and discussions lately, it's been a full barrage of "My TP2 sucks".
and fyi, I tweak the hell out of my grand prix too.

and I went back and looked at your threads and pretty much everyone of them, people tried to help you. We hope you have better luck with the incredible.

Last edited by nrfitchett4; 06-22-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Lol. Just shutup and realize its a phone. A majority of the people complaining about their phones on this forum are the same idiots who do ZERO searching and ZERO self help. I guarantee that the solution to ANY problem you had with the phone could be found by me within a single minute by searching. Sadly, instead of just locking the threads of these morons who continue to post thread after thread whining about the same problems, PPCgeeks allows the same questions to get asked multiple dozens of times, which only makes it harder for those of us who go out and search for solutions to problems in the future. We have to wade through all of the useless threads.

You are going to have problems on android if you need other people to walk you through this whole smartphone thing while holding your hand. Some things are intuitive on Android, and some are not. It will take searching to figure out what you are doing sometimes. I know, scary.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison