PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore
I've had the Mogul for about 3mo and the Touch for about 1mo. They both have the ups and downs. I love the size of the Touch, the memory and the factory installed software. The lack of the keyboard is tuff to deal with, I use the transcriber a lot. Then yesturday I started playing with my Mogul again, and wow, I miss it. The keyboard, WIFI, and the size in my hand. The Mogul is business with some play, the Touch is play with some business, kinda like a dinner party, dressed in a tux, but talking business.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo baby

ricchini2007 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
imo if this ROM says what its going to improve the touch will not be better than the mogul period
Old 11-24-2007, 03:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

g0ldenchild562 is a n00b
Mogul is going to have GPS and REV. A. enough said.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800

JeffdaBeat is a n00b
My problem with the Touch is that freakin small screen. You should see me try and demo that phone out to customers. It's so hard to navigate that bad boy without pressing four or five times to try and hit the right button. Most of the time, I pull up the cube and pray that folks like it, but most aren't fooled. If folks think the iPhone's keyboard is bad, try the Touch. Still, with Sprint's speed, there are a ton more features on the Touch than the iPhone.

I saw if you don't care about not having a keyboard go for the touch. But like what most said, a lot of the features on the Touch will soon be on the Mogul.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Threadstarter

jah_rankin is a n00b
Unhappy

It will'nt have the double size memory as touch thou.

Last edited by jah_rankin; 11-24-2007 at 04:10 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

sj808 is just getting started
put it like this.... I say 80% of touch owners are EX-Mogul users. That should tell you one thing.

Second off, the whole keyboard thing isn't a big issue as the Mogul users make it out to be. Here's a tip for those typing on the Touch, have the landscape rotation assigned to the hardware button. Anytime you type something, just press the button and use a keyboard like happy tapping or Pocket CM.... this will be like typing on the Mogul hardware keyboard except you can't "feel the keys out". Some even say that full screen keyboard makes the experience better. I don't even know why people are saying its only made for One hand typing. The strict usage of the onscreen keyboard is something different and new. It just takes time to get use to. With the landscape method, I type as fast as I did when using a Mogul, Sidekick or Treo.

Again, this is a coming from a businessman that emails and text more then he calls... and when there is vocal usage, 98% of his calls are on a BT headset. I would pick the Touch over the Mogul anyday based on not having irritating moments like my Mogul froze up due to memory usage or I have to switch to the handset because the other person complaining the BT signal sucks or I have to flash the newest custom rom hoping it solves my problem. There's more people happy with the Touch then people that are happy with the Mogul.

Touch Highlights:
1) Tons of memory to work with (opening multiple programs with no problem)
2) Near perfect bluetooth
3) better "out of the box" interface
4) out of the box BT voice dialing
5) No need of being patient for a ROM
6) EVDO is good enough for not needing Wifi
7) Small and sleek
Stereo AD2P out of the box (hearsay?? I will find out when my 855 comes in)

Mogul Highlights:
1) QWERTY Keyboard
2) Wifi
3) A better camera then the Touch, but its still a crappy phone camera with a useless wannabe flash.
4) Alot of room for tweaking and installing more programs for making the Mogul experience enjoyable
5) The ability to gain patience waiting on a official ROM to solve all the CONS

I'm sorry to bash the mogul so much but I just can't suggest to buy it... I feel like you'll be dissapointed big time. All these mogul users use the first 3 highlights I listed as the justification of keeping that demonic device. LOL.... but when you seriously snap to reality and look at it, all 3 things are not a good enough reason to keep the mogul. I'm sorry.

Remember, this is a businessman (who types ALOT of texts and emails and cruises the internet) saying this... Touch>Mogul. All these people say the Mogul is for businessmen and the Touch is for entertainment.....Forget all of that. They both have the same OS and near the same potential capabilities, except the touch has more memory... making it have MORE potential. Alot of people(not all) that are claiming the mogul is better only USED the Touch and haven't own it. As you can see, alot of people that have both devices will suggest Touch over the mogul. Please be analytical on this whole thread and put the two and two together.

I suggest the Treos or the the Moto Q over the Mogul...

Last edited by sj808; 11-24-2007 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ldenchild562 View Post
Mogul is going to have GPS and REV. A. enough said.

and so is the Touch... your point is?
Old 11-24-2007, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlyduck View Post
Yeah your right, but that it doesnt mean that we like Touch fiscally, but we do like the apps in Touch, Mogul with wifi, sliding keyboard + hardware buttons everywhere and Touch apps is great.
people who wanted to trade in for Touch, they just did it because others could. Think about it, if Touch was released first then Mogul, you'll hear the same thing, everyone will jump for the Mogul. people like always new toys.
Personally I wouldnt change Mogul for nothing beside the Tilt.
uuuuuhhhhhhhh.... to go from 128 mb of DDR Ram to 64 MB of Ram........ I dont think so.

Its like working at a Job that pays $25/hour with cool supervisors and managers but hard labor.

Then you decide to go to a job that pays $15/hour with strict Supervisors and managers but easier labor.

now the other way around makes alot more sense

Last edited by sj808; 11-24-2007 at 04:50 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

And one more point... for the Touch

if you NEED wifi, get the Wifi SD card.

If you NEED a keyboard, go get you a BT Light keyboard.

With the mogul... you can have these things but not even use it or better to say NEED it. I remember when Pocket CM-keyboard came out, ALOT of mogul users were saying "good, I try not to slide out the keyboard as much as I can... so now I can type on screen". But then when it comes to Touch VS Mogul, these same people NEED a keyboard and say "typing only on screen is stupid".

Now, with things you need or might want for the Mogul.... more memory???? have fun trying to find someone to install it. Again, WIFI and the keyboard is the ONLY pros for the mogul.

So people has to decide if WIFI and a keyboard is a necessity or a luxury. Either way, you have those OPTIONS for the Touch as well by buying accessories.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo baby

ricchini2007 is becoming a great contributor
dude you must love your new phone. the only thing the touch has over the mogul is speed period, and i don't care for the form factor but to be honest when i was in the sprint store more people looked at my mogul and liked it over the touch. one more thing with evdo you have to end the call to browse on line, and with wifi you don't.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison