PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone here made transition from Touch Pro to Treo Pro?

Dont trade, you can make some money off it (if its in good shape) by selling in eBay and you can get one for as low as $170 on eBay. Thats just what I did with my Diamond. Just my advice...

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto WWII

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Treo 650 -> Mogul -> Touch -> Diamond -> Treo Pro -> Touch Pro
Old 06-05-2009, 06:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

chrisjh18 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vip3rV333 View Post
I cant see how ppl have this problem with ANY phone... even my Mogul was ok. The only thing I ever keep open is maybe messaging and Magicall for a "call and SMS firewall"... Why leave every app open to just sit and bog the phone down? Never understood that, is it just to save a couple milliseconds of load time for the apps?

I cant say much though b/c I JUST won a eBay auction and still waiting to get it, sick of the Diamond.

Rant over...
Maybe if the phones had more memory than my TI-83 plus calculator (exaggeration, I know) this wouldn't be an issue, not everyone likes to close every program they have. I don't want to have to close PIE to use Palringo and close Palringo to use Call Firewall, or any combination of the three.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to switch between the 3 or any apps in fact? Do what work you need in one app, close it. Do what you need in the other, close it... etc.

Is there really that much of a prob with the STP with 3 apps running? I guess first thing Im doing is upgrading to 1.04 when mine comes...
Old 06-05-2009, 07:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

chrisjh18 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vip3rV333 View Post
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to switch between the 3 or any apps in fact? Do what work you need in one app, close it. Do what you need in the other, close it... etc.

Is there really that much of a prob with the STP with 3 apps running? I guess first thing Im doing is upgrading to 1.04 when mine comes...
Lol, some people are like that. Obviously you're not, you seem to be a minimalistic user, which is fine. But I'm not. If my phone cannot run my apps without closing them while I'm in the middle of it then there's no need for me to use that phone.

I was already on 1.04.

That being said, hard reset seemed to have helped quiet a bit. So I'm going to give it a few days, if everything stays how it is now then this phone is golden, if not then I'll have to say bye bye to it and sell it to someone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

htcAddict is a n00b

I used to own the TP but the battery life just couldnt hold up with my usage and i had to get rid of it. I just recently picked up a Treo Pro and so far im loving it!! I was going to pick up the Pre next for my other line but am trying to hold off so i can give the TP2 a test drive and see if all the improvements are actually going to be true and solid. But so far i can say i love the Treo Pro alot more than the TP.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

471405 is a n00b

I sold my wife's Touch Pro and bought a new Treo Pro. I have to admit I am a little bit jealous and may have to sell my Touch Pro now.

It is true that the Treo Pro just "feels right". It is what the 800 should have been.

It's a shame that this device is somewhat overlooked and there isn't much of a community for the Treo Pro. Hopefully things will change with the possibility of a 6.5 rom.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

Most of the Treo Pro community is over at TreoCentral. But as far as ROMs are concerned, it's a bit non-existent.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

digitard is just getting started

I just had a friend at Alltel send me a Treo Pro and a Touch Pro. So far I'm using the Touch Pro (I want to give WinMo 6.5 a shot) but after reading this I may have to jump ship a few days early (still going 6.5 today first) and give the Treo a valid run.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, Palm Treo Pr, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Diamond

bertman285 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bertman285 Send a message via Yahoo to bertman285

Helpful hint for the switch: If you copy from device on touch pro the pim to your memory card and switch your mc to the treo pro...under device in file explorer rename original pim on treo, pim1 and copy pim from mc to device then soft reset you will get all of your contacts and their pics. No beaming necessary!
Old 01-16-2010, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

iceturkee is just getting started

let me throw a different wrinkle here. anyone gone from a tp2 to a treo pro? somebody wants to trade me his 8 month old treo pro (in good condition, i've seen it) and accessories plus $200 for my tp2 which is about a month old. my hands are crippled from rheumatoid arthritis so the weight of the tp2 is a big turnoff, although it is fairly easy for me to use. i understand the screen size and keyboard will be much smaller on the treo pro. thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro