PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: treo 800w roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
I have an extra treo800 that I will test with!
I have a diamond, so I am not using the treo anymore.
good man...cool..cuz i don't have an extra laying around, thats y i was asking for the specifics..but cool beans
Old 12-24-2008, 01:38 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
Ebag333, who did the popular 700wx WM6 ROMs, has a working version for the 800w.

Problem is: no one wants to volunteer to test! He can't afford to lose his phone during this peak time, so he hasn't done it himself yet.

But if anyone is interested, feel free to PM here or TreoCentral and volunteer.
Heck, I'll try it on mine! If something goes really bad I can just step back (well, more like a big jump back) to my Treo 650, or even my 6700.

**on my way to pm Ebag333...**
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:40 AM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

please believe, if i cud i would..but i appreciate u guys stepping up..cuz i like this fone(contrary to popular belief)...and i was unsuccessful in modding the 700wx...so if its proven to work on the 800w...cool beans
Old 12-24-2008, 03:01 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

yeah, I'll get Ebag over here see what he can do for you guys...

check back in the morning.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:06 AM
I love root

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
yeah, I'll get Ebag over here see what he can do for you guys...

check back in the morning.
will do. gracias senior.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:49 AM
Lurker

Ebag333 is just getting started

Quote:
Ebag333, who did the popular 700wx WM6 ROMs, has a working version for the 800w.

Problem is: no one wants to volunteer to test! He can't afford to lose his phone during this peak time, so he hasn't done it himself yet.
Whoa whoa whoa, hold on now. I never said it was working, just that I had one. BIG difference.

If someone wants to try a custom ROM, e-mail is the best way to get a hold of me. I would strongly suggest that you not try it unless you are 100% willing to take your phone and throw it into the garbage. This isn't "oops, guess I need to hard reset" stuff, this is "oops, guess my 800w makes a nice doorstop."

I have no idea if the ROM is working or not because I haven't tested it. While I do have the various bits and pieces, I have had no luck extracting the files from the XIP. That could simply be because there is a problem with the files in the XIP that the extraction program is choking on (like an unexpected file, two files with the same name, etc), because it's a form of XIP not supported by the current extraction programs (possible as it's Palm's and not HTC), or because it's a bad XIP.

I've grabbed the entire XIP partition multiple times, so I think it's okay and the programs just can't handle it, but I have no way of testing this without flashing it to a phone.

To give you an idea of how dangerous this is, I will not flash it to my phone. Working from an existing released official ROM is about 1000x easier (and safer) than working the way that I am.

Tell you guys what....let me play around with this some more and see what I can figure out. There is also potentially another method for just flashing the ROM part (and not the XIP) which should be much safer. Give me a bit of time and I will see what I can find out, and post up here.

I'm just really nervous about bricking someone else's phone. If it was mine....well....tough luck. But someone else's.....
Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Lurker

Ebag333 is just getting started

By the way, Mal, are you so desperate for a custom ROM that you had to call me out like this?
Old 12-24-2008, 01:05 PM
I love root

I can wait until you're more comfortable with the process. If there is anything I can do on my end in the mean time please let me know.

**praying Palm releases an updated rom...**
Old 12-24-2008, 05:15 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: treo 800w roms

Great thread! awesome work dan. i'm going to stay tuned into this thread to see your progress.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
I can wait until you're more comfortable with the process. If there is anything I can do on my end in the mean time please let me know.

**praying Palm releases an updated rom...**
im praying Palm does too, doubt it but hey...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w