PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Mogul

mobiledude is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
treo 800w roms

r there any roms for this phone yet or a better q would be can there be any roms for this phone? thanx in advance
Old 07-23-2008, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>Mogul>Touch>Blackberry>Diamond>Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MannyPR is becoming a great contributor
Re: treo 800w roms

Too early to be looking for custom roms, before customs roms are released an unlocker has to be made available and at least an official rom update be released. It can take a few months after a device is released before a ROM upgrade is done and custom roms start going on. I believe it took like 6 months for the touch.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JAmerican is becoming a great contributor

I want to change the ROM on this phone badly. There are so many little quirks and problems. Like if I turn my phone's screen off while its connected to the PC, it will disconnect the USB and I have to reset the phone.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo 800W

jcrick is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAmerican View Post
I want to change the ROM on this phone badly. There are so many little quirks and problems. Like if I turn my phone's screen off while its connected to the PC, it will disconnect the USB and I have to reset the phone.

I noticed the same issue and was wondering if anyone else had the problem or is was a problem with my phone. To solve the issue, I disconnect the phone from the cradle, turn it on and set it back in the cradle. It takes about 25-30 seconds they starts to auto sync.

This definitely needs to be fixed and I was considering notifying Palm about it.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:38 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

If previous Treos are any indication, you are all probably completely out of luck. Palm locks those devices down tightly.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 11-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Are there any custom ROMs yet?

I am looking at the Treo Pro but I do love to do Custom ROMs.

Does anyone think that the Pro will be locked down like the other Treos'?

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So this thread's staying dead any news lately?
Old 12-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ebag333, who did the popular 700wx WM6 ROMs, has a working version for the 800w.

Problem is: no one wants to volunteer to test! He can't afford to lose his phone during this peak time, so he hasn't done it himself yet.

But if anyone is interested, feel free to PM here or TreoCentral and volunteer.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
Ebag333, who did the popular 700wx WM6 ROMs, has a working version for the 800w.

Problem is: no one wants to volunteer to test! He can't afford to lose his phone during this peak time, so he hasn't done it himself yet.

malatesta, does he use olipro?? cuz me snd homeboy tried to unlock a 700w(YOU know what happened after that)...what is he using to unlock??? what about the bootloader?? TIA...
Old 12-23-2008, 03:42 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

I have an extra treo800 that I will test with!
I have a diamond, so I am not using the treo anymore.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w