PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

Chimmer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm View Post
The way the tech explained it, it isn't that the 800W batteries are "bad" only that their size is very small for the capabilities of the 800W.
I wonder how many of those people that returned the batteries charged them nightly to see if the battery life improved after a few weeks?

I can confirm that my Centro batteries and also my Treo 800w battery life improved after several weeks. I didn't try to see how many days I could get out of it, I simply put it on the charger each night.

With the Treo 800w, when I first got it, I would pull it off the charger about 06:00am and by the time I got home at 05:00pm it was something like 20% left or so. Now when I get home it's anywhere from 60 to 80% charged. Same amount of usage.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:30 PM
rdm
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Treo Pro

rdm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
I wonder how many of those people that returned the batteries charged them nightly to see if the battery life improved after a few weeks?

I can confirm that my Centro batteries and also my Treo 800w battery life improved after several weeks. I didn't try to see how many days I could get out of it, I simply put it on the charger each night.

With the Treo 800w, when I first got it, I would pull it off the charger about 06:00am and by the time I got home at 05:00pm it was something like 20% left or so. Now when I get home it's anywhere from 60 to 80% charged. Same amount of usage.
The thrust of my commentary was that I don;t see a rip off of Sprint to ask for a second battery in a store, since in my local store they had in fact had a lot of returns of entire 800 handsets because of the battery, and they are the ones who offered the spares. That seems a much bigger cost than batteries which likely cost Sprint $10 for NIB, or in the case of used Centro batteries probably have a value of $5.

As to your usage and remaining battery I can only state I envy you! I don't see how many days I can get out of a charge, I count the hours.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm View Post
As to your usage and remaining battery I can only state I envy you! I don't see how many days I can get out of a charge, I count the hours.
My point was that nightly charging greatly improves battery life, at least that's been my experience. How many people didn't give it a few weeks of nightly charging and immediately returned the phone after a few days due to the poor battery life?

People want their batteries to last several days but I don't see the logic in NOT charging your battery at night while you are sleeping. If I can get one full day of battery life, that's good enough for me because I simply recharge at night.

What I've also done in the past is buy a desktop charger with a slot to charge an extra battery and then just swap out batteries each morning.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Lurker

ankur414 is a n00b

i went to the sprint store and the lady gave me 3 free batteries
Old 10-11-2008, 06:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4g Touch

lenin1928 is a n00b

3? awesome. I got an extra one myself after reading this thread and seeing how such poor battery life my phone has. I also got a seido hump battery pack hoping it makes a huge difference.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur414 View Post
i went to the sprint store and the lady gave me 3 free batteries
Probably 3 that previous customers had returned because of poor performance.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: BB 9650
Carrier: sprint

eve6er69 is a n00b

well i have the siedio hump battery and it is friggen amazing.
i have had it for about a month now and i dont know how i lived without it.
it gets a plus in my book
Old 10-14-2008, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

gottria is a n00b

Speaking of batter life I had a strange experience yesterday with my 800w. Pulled it off the wall charger around 7:30 in the morning and went to work. About 10:00 I pull it out to check email and noticed how warm it was, battery level was down to 55%. Press and hold the OK button and close all running apps and pull the battery to do a soft reset. An hour later I check it and it's warm again and battery down to 30%, by 5 it was dead. WTF is going on, so when I get home I throw it on the charger and by 11pm it's fully charged. Pull it off and leave it over night and this morning it's at 65%.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w