PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hitatchi-G1000(every Good phone)Touch+Treo 800W+(iphone3G)+Diamond+Touch Pro+(PRE)+TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carrier: Had to try the IP3G=Now Sprint for life!!

rell0202 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rell0202 Send a message via MSN to rell0202 Send a message via Yahoo to rell0202
Re: 800w Reviews

ok am i the only one tht has the program that lets you use palm os programs on the 800w?
Old 08-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

sza3434 is a n00b

I find it funny how a lot of people whine about battery life. Well guess what, if it wasn't the battery, you'd be complaining about the size of the device. In order to make a device thinner, which is typically important to the majority of users, they have to cut somewhere and unfortunately that means thinner batteries for thinner phones--batteries are not going to last as long as those back in the day.

Also, letting your phone's battery actually die is bad; just like charging it constantly or overnight. You can cause the battery's lithium to crystalize and therefore you get less life. I know, current from chargers are "supposed" to cut off once full and lithium batteries aren't "supposed" to "learn" or memorize charging patterns but this isn't always true depending on the chargers/batteries we use... One last thing, it takes about 5-10 full powercycles for you to get the maximum battery life, so whining on day one really doesnt say anything other than one could appear impatient.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 755p

brennj4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sza3434 View Post
I find it funny how a lot of people whine about battery life. Well guess what, if it wasn't the battery, you'd be complaining about the size of the device. In order to make a device thinner, which is typically important to the majority of users, they have to cut somewhere and unfortunately that means thinner batteries for thinner phones--batteries are not going to last as long as those back in the day.

Also, letting your phone's battery actually die is bad; just like charging it constantly or overnight. You can cause the battery's lithium to crystalize and therefore you get less life. I know, current from chargers are "supposed" to cut off once full and lithium batteries aren't "supposed" to "learn" or memorize charging patterns but this isn't always true depending on the chargers/batteries we use... One last thing, it takes about 5-10 full powercycles for you to get the maximum battery life, so whining on day one really doesnt say anything other than one could appear impatient.

You tell em. These whippersnappers these days dont how good they have it. When i was a kid, we didnt have wifi and bluetooth and gps. we had to walk to school in the snow with no shoes for 6 miles. Uphill both ways.

Get a job you punk kids.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 755p

brennj4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rell0202 View Post
ok am i the only one tht has the program that lets you use palm os programs on the 800w?

whats the name of the program?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alli is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennj4 View Post
whats the name of the program?
Styletap
Old 08-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

bogeyman02 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to bogeyman02 Send a message via AIM to bogeyman02 Send a message via Yahoo to bogeyman02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli View Post
My thoughts here and here.

I still want accessories, notably spare charging cords (can't find micro usb yet) and something to give more flexibility for audio. And [expletive deleted] I want a REAL stylus!
If you are looking for micro USB charging cords, go to Radioshack and inquire about their iGo system. They have house, car, and battery powered chargers and the iTip you will need is a97. I've had my car charger for 5 years now, and it's the ****.

Also, all these reviews about the microUSB are starting to tick my off, IMHO. About a year ago, there was an article about the microUSB becoming the standard for cell phones and cell phone accessories. Look around, new Nokia phones, Motorola phones, and the majority of newer bluetooth headsets have this new standard charging jack. Get used to it.

~Bogey

Device history:
HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Palm Treo 800w (Sprint)
HTC PPC-6800 Mogul (Sprint)
Sanyo Katana DLX (Sprint)
Motorola KRZR K1M (Sprint)
Samsung a900 (Sprint)
Palm Treo 750 (at&t)
Palm Treo 650 (Cingular)
Motorola MPx200 (AT&T Wireless)
Old 08-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

bogeyman02 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to bogeyman02 Send a message via AIM to bogeyman02 Send a message via Yahoo to bogeyman02

A note about battery life:

In Settings>Connections>Beam - Uncheck the box for "recieve all Incoming Beams"

On the today screen, tap the crosshairs icon on the Sprint Bar, and change the location settings to "911 Only". It is simple to change back when you want to use the GPS feature, as most of us only use this at most once a day, or a few times a week. After I changed this and did a few powercycles with my battery, I have gotten 2.5 - 3 days on a charge. What a difference it makes.

~Bogey
Old 08-03-2008, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

dmc1068 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to dmc1068 Send a message via MSN to dmc1068 Send a message via Yahoo to dmc1068

I keep reading all of these bad experiences that people are having with their 800Ws. I have not had too many issues. I have had to soft reset a few times. I have had it almost a month. As far as smart phones, I had a 700P, then a HTC Touch and now my 800. I love this phone! It is a cross between my 700 and Touch. I don't care what anyone says, this is the best phone I have ever had. I absolutely love this phone. The battery is lacking. I'm sure an extended will be available eventually. I have had no issues with any programs. I guess I got a good device. I use mine as a phone probable 90 minutes a day, have email coming and going 4 to 5 times a day, text probably 100 to 150 a day and check the internet 5 to 8 times a day maybe between 5 and 15 minutes each time. I can barely get through the day without charging it but I feel that is a lot of use.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work

The only gripe I have right now is that Opera Mobile 9.5 build 1780 doesn't allow my hardware keyboard to enter anything. Other than that, opera is pretty functional on this treo.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work

did anyone try the battery hack yet? I did and it seems to dramatically improve my battery life. Also, I have been trying to find spc codes...does anyone know any? The only one I found is ##rtn#

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w