PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
800w Reviews

This thread is for reviews of Palm's new 800w. Let's not let this turn into a discussion about your experience ordering it or any problems with shipping...this is purely a "review of the product" thread.

Post up pics if you have them too!

Tell us the pros, cons, etc. I know some of us are holding out on getting one until we hear from some real users.

late,
Coz

Last edited by Big D5; 07-19-2008 at 08:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: 800w Reviews

Just got back from the store picking it up. I wished they would've gone with a regular shaped mini-USB. The phone feels sturdy and the buttons give good feedback. Has better reception than my Mogul as it's showing bars where my Mogul doesn't in the house. Camera looks nice. I called and when inputting the # into the phone book it asked if you wanted to add a nickname. Don't know if I can get to it again as it's my wife's phone and she's selfish with new toys.

Also, the customer service guy was really nice and said even though I am 6 months out of the 2 year he'll give it to me for the discounted price. If I get denied for any reason to contact him directly and bring in the screenshot of the denial and he'll credit my account for the $100 rebate. He also said any problems don't call customer service, call him directly or come see him in the store. He said Sprint's trying to change their image and this is a step in that direction.. really nice and helpful.. This was in the Columbus, Ohio Tuttle Mall store BTW.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

dthames is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser_osu View Post
Just got back from the store picking it up. I wished they would've gone with a regular shaped mini-USB. The phone feels sturdy and the buttons give good feedback. Has better reception than my Mogul as it's showing bars where my Mogul doesn't in the house. Camera looks nice. I called and when inputting the # into the phone book it asked if you wanted to add a nickname. Don't know if I can get to it again as it's my wife's phone and she's selfish with new toys.

Also, the customer service guy was really nice and said even though I am 6 months out of the 2 year he'll give it to me for the discounted price. If I get denied for any reason to contact him directly and bring in the screenshot of the denial and he'll credit my account for the $100 rebate. He also said any problems don't call customer service, call him directly or come see him in the store. He said Sprint's trying to change their image and this is a step in that direction.. really nice and helpful.. This was in the Columbus, Ohio Tuttle Mall store BTW.
Yea I was thinking about heading up to the easton store and getting one for a second phone. How responsive is it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthames View Post
Yea I was thinking about heading up to the easton store and getting one for a second phone. How responsive is it?
So far ain't bad.. it might be a little bit snappier than my Mogul but like I said I'll have to wait til wife is done playing with it to get to it again so that might be tonight after she goes to bed
Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

scottad1972 is just getting started

neither of the sprint stores in madison here will sell them before sunday
Old 07-11-2008, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Another few quick things. I don't like the stylus.. It's flimsy. I hope a company comes out with a solid pen/stylus soon.

Google Maps won't work with either EVDO or Wifi.. says it can't connect to network.. Live Search works fine...gets GPS lock in about 10 seconds in the house. That's on the first lock. Haven't tried it again yet. I don't have a miniSD card to try other GPS programs

Comes with Sprite Backup. I haven't tested it yet though.

SprintTV works well.

I tried Youtube player and the odd shape screen made working with a little awkward as you have to do a few scrolling to see the buttons to play the file. Otherwise it played the youtube clips fine.

Doesn't have an applications close manager. I'll have to install it. RIght now I have to go into the Running Programs and close the ones that are running.

Phone calls even in my house with bad reception sound good. Like I said, gets better reception than my Mogul.

EVDO Rev A is fast in my house and pages download quicker than my Mogul. Again, could be cause of reception differences.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

where are the pics??????????????????????????????????

Old 07-11-2008, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
where are the pics??????????????????????????????????
Ok here are some
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5035 [1024x768].jpg (151.9 KB, 535 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_5036 [1024x768].jpg (129.9 KB, 363 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_5037 [1024x768].jpg (140.0 KB, 536 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_5038 [1024x768].jpg (82.7 KB, 537 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by hellraiser_osu; 07-11-2008 at 07:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

that thing is beautiful.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Lurker

privax is a n00b

As technology continues to progress you would think they would make things smaller. Overall I like the design but if only they could make it thinner.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w