PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:58 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bigolyt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yep. And I go through the whole Connection Wizard. It says USB is available but cant find it.

On a side note, I noticed that certain apps when installed would create folders in the C:\program files\Microsoft Active Sync DIR and in those folders would be a CAB file.... not in the case of Sprite Backup though.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Ok...check the following in ActiveSync on your PC:

Under File go to Connection Settings. Make sure "Allow USB connections" is checked. Make sure the "Open ActiveSync when my device connects" is checked.

Under Tools go to Options. What boxes do you have checked? Clicked on Settings and what is listed here?

Also have you tried the troubleshooting feature in ActiveSync?

Can you access Add/Remove Programs under Tools?

late,
Coz
Old 08-23-2007, 07:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bigolyt is a n00b
Its coming up "No Partnerships" and I cannot access the Tools > Options since its not recognized. I have tried to run the Active Sync troubleshooter and it tells me:

To run this troubleshooting tool, you must first connect your device to the PC using the device USB cable. Get up-to-date solutions to common problems with device detection. Please click the following link:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=65460

Which I've done and tried....
Old 08-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Ok...we could go round and round on this one. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that when you did the USB cable mod that somehow something else got hosed up.

You've done the following:
You've confirmed that all of your USB ports are working. You don't have excpetions listed for them do you?
You've uninstalled and reinstalled ActiveSync multiple times.
Your wx is in good working order.
You might try disabling Norton if you have it running.
You've ensured that on your wx if you go into ActiveSync and go under connections that "When cradled, synchronize all PC's using this connection" is checked.

late,
Coz
Old 08-24-2007, 10:05 AM
N00b

j joy j is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to j joy j
I had this problem once and I was told to --on my phone-- go to

>Programs
>UsbSwitcher

I was finally able to connect, not sure if that will help or not, just thought I would throw that out there...

Joy
Old 08-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Coz-erator

Good call Joy...I'd missed that one!

late,
Coz
Old 08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bigolyt is a n00b
I tried that too... no worries though guys. I eventually got the Sprite Backup on the phone and backed it up.

Anyone know what I need to "restore" in order to get my call log and my old Text messages back?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX