PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 10:07 PM
bigbilal04

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Will they finally admit it??

WEBOS rocks, i used mogul, vogue,diamond,touch pro, snap. i took me a while to get convinced to get the pre. But overall, as far as functionality i would personally give it a 10/10. i have had for a month now, and had no glitches or freezes like i did daily with my windows mobile phone. The pre does everything i want it to do, and the display looks terrific. oh yea, the pre does not look girly at all, if anything i would say the htc diamond does!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm PrĂȘ
Carrier: Sprint

polo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

hey guys you are making a storm in a glass of water
1 there's not worst OS Than windows but more than 85% of the world USE it no way to fight againt an STANDART
2 every time that a device use OS other than windows people star dreaming in make comparations with windows, but you has to think about this one of the grate laws is the antitrus, imagine all the mobiles using windows.
3 you guys look like kids with a new crismast toy trying to demostrate the other kids than yours is the best.
That competition is what make this kind of never stop evolution in the world
sorry for my english I'm cuban and a pre lover
Old 10-27-2009, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

for the most part it's not microsofts fault. they hand all the info an list of options to the carrier. they're the ones that F up the roms.
if we got them straight from microsoft, I'm positive they'll be a million times better "out of the box"

on a side note, the other day I installed windows7 on my laptop after many furious moments with vista. I suggest everyone to do the same!
(go to everythingdiamond.info, in the offtopic seciton I have a thread with links to get windows7 professional for $30 for people that have a educational email. )

but seeing how much of a vast improvement w7 is, and how it's keeping me from going to linux(it was microsofts last chance with me), I cannot wait for wm7.
If they do anything near the amount of little enhancements that make the overall experience as much more enjoyable as w7 is than vista or even xp! and linux! and MAC! (yes, i've used all, but not alot of linux, that was the next venture when my programming languages get done being ported over). or if they do as much performance enhancements, or visual improvements as they have,
windows mobile7 will be taking the iphone on head to head, phone for phone.
just wait and see....
Old 10-27-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick0984 is keeping up the good workMaverick0984 is keeping up the good work

@smoove21

Where are all these threads asking for SPB, sensuite, or whether they can put Android or WebOS on their TP or TP2?

I think 1 rom comes with SPB. Other than that, I see no mention of anything you are saying...

The Pre is a fine phone, but don't go making stuff up. For every single thread that has anything you speak of, there are 50+ other threads that do not. Percentages are kind of important here, wouldn't you say?
Old 10-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Stock ROM issues are not a characteristic of the OS, but rather of the carrier's take on it. I have a Pre, iPhone 3G, and a Diamond. They all have their drawbacks, I would hardly say I was completely happy with any of them right out of the box. I have found that I can take steps to make my Diamond, EXACTLY the way I want it with all of the freedoms of WM, and to a lesser degree, the Pre, and finally to the littlest degree with the iPhone. I don't like stock ROMs, but I do like WM, and I hardly find it slow. BTW, I have had plenty of instances of my iPhone and Pre lagging on occasion.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
for the most part it's not microsofts fault. they hand all the info an list of options to the carrier. they're the ones that F up the roms.
if we got them straight from microsoft, I'm positive they'll be a million times better "out of the box"

on a side note, the other day I installed windows7 on my laptop after many furious moments with vista. I suggest everyone to do the same!
(go to everythingdiamond.info, in the offtopic seciton I have a thread with links to get windows7 professional for $30 for people that have a educational email. )

but seeing how much of a vast improvement w7 is, and how it's keeping me from going to linux(it was microsofts last chance with me), I cannot wait for wm7.
If they do anything near the amount of little enhancements that make the overall experience as much more enjoyable as w7 is than vista or even xp! and linux! and MAC! (yes, i've used all, but not alot of linux, that was the next venture when my programming languages get done being ported over). or if they do as much performance enhancements, or visual improvements as they have,
windows mobile7 will be taking the iphone on head to head, phone for phone.
just wait and see....
+1. If WM7 is near the level of improvement that is in W7, we won't be disappointed.

1 more thing, I think WebOS is awesome, but if Palm still struggles to get mind and market share, it won't be around for long and there won't be much continuing development. Android will be the OS to beat, and its the one of which I have the littlest exposure. Thinking of swapping my iPhone to get a Hero...
Old 10-27-2009, 03:15 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work

Is 20 pound for the weight like 30 pounds if a guy lifts?

Old 10-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Now that i have left WM i have seen there is a lot more stable mobile os's out there, but there is still a lot out there that i wish i can have on my pre witch WM still offers. To be honost thats that only thing holding it down for windows. The fact thats its such an open standard that any joe shmoe can make a program for it and it can be something that you actually really need/want is good cause it leaves us with a lot of apps to play with.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

I just recently gave my Touch Pro to my cousin. After using the TP and the Pre together for since the Pre came out, I gotta say I like both OS in a major way. I thknk WM is still more business friendly, as longs as you have the programs to get the job done. I think the Pre is coming along, but deeply shadowed by Android. But what do you expect? Android has been around longer. PreCentral is making soem gret headway with Homebrew apps. But Like I said ealier over at EPre, They need to focus on fixing Pre before the end of the year. 100% agree with that. That needs to be the main focus. We need to pull our thoughts together to find out what needs to be in those major updates. But I think they are going to need a major slam dunk for Q1 of next year. And if they are smart, they will have that phone out buy Feb at the lastest. I thkn at this point they need to turn to HTC , Samsung or another device maker to help out. THey may loose a little money for outsourcuing the design, but they will win alot of fans by using one of the bigger names.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:31 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I played with a palm pre at the sprint store. I REALLY liked it, but I also REALLY like the iphone. They are great devices, and as a geek, I would LOVE to spend some time with all of them. In the end, I chose to stick with my touch pro when the pre came out, and now that the tp2 is out, I upgraded to that and plan on selling the tp. I'm really happy with my touch pro 2. It seems to be a perfect fit for me.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Tags
android, custom roms, poll, touch pro2, webos