PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2009, 08:26 PM
bradart's Avatar
Officer Android
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Right behind you.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,895
Reputation: 2614
bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: Will they finally admit it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0984 View Post
@smoove21

Where are all these threads asking for SPB, sensuite, or whether they can put Android or WebOS on their TP or TP2?

I think 1 rom comes with SPB. Other than that, I see no mention of anything you are saying...

The Pre is a fine phone, but don't go making stuff up. For every single thread that has anything you speak of, there are 50+ other threads that do not. Percentages are kind of important here, wouldn't you say?
He's not making it up. There a sh!t ton of threads about it. Not to mention the fact that, even if there are "50+ threads that don't for every thread that does", thats a stupid arguement. Thats like saying that, for every phone produced, there are 50 chargers produced for it, therefore chargers are the more popular thing. You need to understand that for every one of those threads NOT about making WM like webOS or Android, there are 49 that are related to hardware issues. Percentage is kind of important here.
__________________
Olympic-class smoker since 2005.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2009, 08:44 PM
chronster's Avatar
i like turtles
Offline
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,102
Reputation: 2365
chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will they finally admit it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
He's not making it up. There a sh!t ton of threads about it. Not to mention the fact that, even if there are "50+ threads that don't for every thread that does", thats a stupid arguement. Thats like saying that, for every phone produced, there are 50 chargers produced for it, therefore chargers are the more popular thing. You need to understand that for every one of those threads NOT about making WM like webOS or Android, there are 49 that are related to hardware issues. Percentage is kind of important here.
you guys are pulling numbers out of your butts in order to make a point.
__________________

This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2009, 09:06 PM
bradart's Avatar
Officer Android
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Right behind you.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,895
Reputation: 2614
bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: Will they finally admit it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
you guys are pulling numbers out of your butts in order to make a point.
regardless of numbers, the fact remains that the main bulk of modifications done to a windows mobile phone are performed to achieve the functionality of an Android or WebOS device. In the diamond forums there are a lot of threads about porting android to the Diamond or implementing specific features from either WebOS or Android in WM. I don't care about numbers or percentages, i just know the threads i was reading. On a personal note, i would like to add that the past 3 or 4 years of owning a WM phone, i was only striving to achieve the level of ubiquity and functionality of my HTC Hero. Android is just better. Period.
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:01 PM
spiritcrusher33's Avatar
Almost a VIP
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?
Location: Kaufman Tx
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 840
Reputation: 440
spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: Will they finally admit it??

well saying andriod is better is nothing more than a opinion.. just because people admire themes from other devices ( ie hero theme ) doesnt make the hero a better device for everyone.

people like the iphone theme but does that make them want a iphone?,,not really..

everyone is diff. most follow trends...or whats cool. me i just buy what i need,, not what someone else thinks i need.lol

enjoy what u can afford...for me right now im all bout the pre..cause it just works for what i need. without a hicup!!!!!!!!!
__________________
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:38 PM
chronster's Avatar
i like turtles
Offline
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,102
Reputation: 2365
chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will they finally admit it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
regardless of numbers, the fact remains that the main bulk of modifications done to a windows mobile phone are performed to achieve the functionality of an Android or WebOS device. In the diamond forums there are a lot of threads about porting android to the Diamond or implementing specific features from either WebOS or Android in WM. I don't care about numbers or percentages, i just know the threads i was reading. On a personal note, i would like to add that the past 3 or 4 years of owning a WM phone, i was only striving to achieve the level of ubiquity and functionality of my HTC Hero. Android is just better. Period.
Ok, so you saw those threads. What does that mean? Oh, only that WM phones are capable of such things, so why not start threads discussing them?

I too have read the threads on the things you speak of, and they aren't THAT abundant that everyone's rushing to get away from touch flo or WM.

BTW, congrats on liking the hero. It really looks like a cool phone. I went and played with one in a Sprint store about 3 different times. All 3 times I felt rushed because everyone wanted to try it! I definitely got to try the touch pro 2 a lot without people waiting though.

I really liked what I saw on the hero, but it felt only slightly less clunky than my touch pro. It was just a few steps behind the pre though.

Isn't it great we have these options now? lol
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Astrak's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 67
Reputation: 30
Astrak is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will they finally admit it??

Personally I didn't flash to a custom ROM because the WM version on my diamond was bad, I did because I can, I find it interesting to experiment. You know hence that word in the websites name "geeks". To say that other phone OS's don't have problems is BS, they all have problems. There is nothing wrong with wanting to tweak your device to make it better than it already is, that doesn't make WM mobile bad that's what makes it great.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:41 PM
chronster's Avatar
i like turtles
Offline
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,102
Reputation: 2365
chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will they finally admit it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrak View Post
Personally I didn't flash to a custom ROM because the WM version on my diamond was bad, I did because I can, I find it interesting to experiment. You know hence that word in the websites name "geeks". To say that other phone OS's don't have problems is BS, they all have problems. There is nothing wrong with wanting to tweak your device to make it better than it already is, that doesn't make WM mobile bad that's what makes it great.
QFT. This is a geek's website. It's not fair to try and judge which phone is best based on the UI threads lol.

I think that buzz about wireless site or sprintusers site would be a better place to look at in order to judge just how problematic WM phones are.
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:56 PM
breakmyfootoff's Avatar
That guy with the axe
Offline
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,603
Reputation: 1540
breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will they finally admit it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
regardless of numbers, the fact remains that the main bulk of modifications done to a windows mobile phone are performed to achieve the functionality of an Android or WebOS device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
Android is just better. Period.
You're taking a personal opinion and presenting it as fact. What is the goal of modifications to the Android and WebOS devices if they are already so perfect? Reading through the PreCentral forums you'll see a lot of threads where people are trying to make thier Pre do the things that they used to be able to accomplish on thier WM device. Another opinion would be that WM is the better OS and the modifications to Android and WebOS are performed to achieve the customization levels that WM already has. Presenting personal opinion as fact is a fallacy (as described by the Wiki page linked in your sig).
__________________
Rooted Droid, Overclocked @ 1.1 GHz, Sprecovery 0.99.3b, Blue Smoked glass 2.0.1 Rom

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:58 PM
breakmyfootoff's Avatar
That guy with the axe
Offline
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,603
Reputation: 1540
breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will they finally admit it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrak View Post
Personally I didn't flash to a custom ROM because the WM version on my diamond was bad, I did because I can, I find it interesting to experiment. You know hence that word in the websites name "geeks". To say that other phone OS's don't have problems is BS, they all have problems. There is nothing wrong with wanting to tweak your device to make it better than it already is, that doesn't make WM mobile bad that's what makes it great.
Exactly
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2009, 11:04 AM
bradart's Avatar
Officer Android
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Right behind you.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,895
Reputation: 2614
bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: Will they finally admit it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
You're taking a personal opinion and presenting it as fact. What is the goal of modifications to the Android and WebOS devices if they are already so perfect? Reading through the PreCentral forums you'll see a lot of threads where people are trying to make thier Pre do the things that they used to be able to accomplish on thier WM device. Another opinion would be that WM is the better OS and the modifications to Android and WebOS are performed to achieve the customization levels that WM already has. Presenting personal opinion as fact is a fallacy (as described by the Wiki page linked in your sig).
Point a-Because i said its better doesn't mean i'm stating it as a fact. (while i can understand that implication buried in the satement may be difficult to arrive at. The "I believe" is silent)
point b-this whole discussion has become stupid.
I understand people have choices. Sweet. I loved my Diamond. I love my Hero more. I'm saying that Android (I'll preface this with an IMO) performs much better out of the box than any windows mobile phone i've ever seen, not to mention android makes it easy for developers to play with. I won't even go into the idea that the developers of Android actually IMPROVE the operating system when they update it. All i'm saying is this: I use a windows mobile phone when i have time to tinker with the inner working of an operating system to perform on the same level as its competition. I use an Android phone when i want to be able to easily customize my phone's appearance without having to worry about any of its vast functionality being lost in the process.
Closed Thread

  PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Tags
android, custom roms, poll, touch pro2, webos

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com