PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
Exclamation Will they finally admit it??

Okay so I have a palm pre and a thread/poll asking which OS interests my fellow peers the most(link in signature) and of course this site is ppcgeeks so windows is winning. I'm basically trying to prove that most current windows users are simply blindly supporting microsoft and aren't willing to admit windows shortcomings.. Everyone swears the touch pro2 is such an amazing device, yet if it is...why are they waiting on an unlocker to flash custom roms?? See what I'm trying to say is windows needs to be tweaked all the time because its too slow and unstable.. Its always a battle of adding and subtracting files just to get it(windows) to run in an acceptable manner.while those of us that have moved on to the pre's,hero's and even iphones have complete satisfaction(as far as performance) right out the box. I also find it funny that the #1 argument windows users make is that its the most customisable OS, yet when you look at the thread titles..a majority of the themes or shells they add are to make their phones look like a hero(hello spb and sensuite) or someone is asking whether or not android or webOS can run on their phones.. Doesn't this mean you're interested in another OS outside of windows?? I'm trying to prove this to everyone and I need help. Please direct others to this thread and vote in my OS poll by clicking the link in my signature. Help me show that its not all about windows anymore. I'm headed to the android and very small iphone forum as well. If anyone agrees with me I would really appreciate ur show of support by hitting the thanks button..
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 10-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!
Carrier: Sprint

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003
Re: Will they finally admit it??

Just like the Pre needed a visual keypad, Fowarding messaging, and a few other's? Windows Mobile get's flashed becuase the Stock rom is BS! Why do people add rim's to a car? Or an Air intake? To make it perfrom faster. Stock Blocks Internet sharing, Stock TF3d is grey and orage wtf? It doesnt allow you to do stuff w.o tweaking it. The Tp2 is great, Speaker phone is great, I have had the Mogul, Touch Pro, Snap, Hero and the Tp2 and the Hero has alot of potential to the the best phone Sprint offer's but the Tp2 is nice, And I work for Sprint. The Pre is a nice phone no lie, But is a womanly phone to be honest. Seen alot of woman have the Pre.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Why do people add rim's to a car? Or an Air intake? To make it perfrom faster.

lol so rims makes your car go faster??//?//?/?/ intake i understand.. but rims? come on man.. thats too funny.

The Pre is a nice phone no lie, But is a womanly phone to be honest. Seen alot of woman have the Pre.

LOL Im 6 ft tall 230 lbs and i carry a pre so am i a woman?

I guess iphone users are the ones who buy rims to make their car go faster,lol or better yet.. i think the iphone is a womanly phone as thats all i see that uses them.. they are called soccer moms. who dont know how to drive.lol

I think its so damn funny how people are on things ep cell phones..who cares what does what better..etc.. as u can tell i dont follow trends or put rims on my car. I dont do stuff to impress people.. I could give a rats *** what u think bout my girly pre..cause u know what it works for me..lol

ok rant aside..

no harm no faul.. rafy0003.. im just getting old and find some things people do funny as hell. thats all...its all good. my point is I use my pre for pandora..and ripped movies on the go.. little email and text. web surfing.. and tethering. and my pre excels in all of that.. so im happy..
Old 10-24-2009, 08:10 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

IMO, Android has WM beat in almost every single category

(ps. i said "almost" to leave a small window of chance.... but when it comes to me naming a few that WM ups Android... cant come up with anything haha)
Old 10-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I am a girl and I don't think the Pre is girly. I think it's very sexy and sleek, but not girly in any way. Spirit, that being said you prob look like a gigantic girl with your phone....LMAO J/K J/K!!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:03 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just spent much of the last 24hrs working with a pre, I was roved to another firestation and one of the guys there had one (he wasnt girly either). He immediately started asking me how to do things to it since I have kind of a rep with phones at my department now lol, so I dove right into the forums and started learning more about the Pre so we could get him some custom stuff going. The Pre was easy to get into developer mode and start getting homebrew apps on it, the tethering was a lil tougher, but we got it done. After all the time I spent using it, I gotta say, I didnt like it :S. It seemed very cheap and plastic like, and the keyboard was absolutely horrible. The keys are way too small and close together to type quickly, at least for me. I was definitely able to eliminate the pre from the phones I'm interested in after last shift at work. I'd still like to spend some time working with Android, but with the steps MS is FINALLY taking with WM it's still my fave.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 10-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Almost a VIP

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

breakmyfootoff u have some valid comments on the build of the pre..I too was put back when i first had a pre around launch.. felt cheap to me.. plus my volume rocker fell out..and the headphone jack got stuck in headset mode.lol but since came back to the pre.. and will try my best to stick with it til my upgrade comes around march..but i do love everything bout the pre and welcome the much needed break from wm.. but whatever i get will just be a touchscreen. ( ie no moving parts..) just cause they last longer imo.... I miss the vogue.lol that was such a solid phone..
Old 10-25-2009, 11:05 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know man, its weird how well the little ol Vogue seems to work. It kinda makes me wonder if a lot of the WM glitches and problems might not be exacerbated by shoddy hardware on a lot of handsets. I think the pre will be better after someone develops a good soft keyboard for it. I think a lot of owners with the pre are playing the waiting game, as in it's a brand new thing in the mobile world and there's really just not a lot out there for it at the moment. The hope is that with time all the things people want for it will be developed, but I fear that with WM stepping up thier game, and even more so the appearance and skyrocketing popularity of Android, the spotlight might stray from the pre enough to really slow down development on it. I really think Android is going to be king soon in the mobile world unless WM7 is absolutely jaw dropping.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Almost a VIP

ya I feel the pre will be under shadowed by andriod..as andriod is getting a huge push through the holidays..but as it stands im not in it for who has the most apps. or the best this or that,lol my pre does what i need now. not to mention the camera is awesome.. only time will tell if the hardware will withstand the test of time..
Old 10-26-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Star Tac
Carrier: sprint

myltz400 is just getting started

WM is the worst IMO, as I type from my Touch Pro.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Tags
android, custom roms, poll, touch pro2, webos