PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: For those who have a Pre...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post
FYI... the following plans are compatible with the PRE and ONLY these plans (just like the INSTINCT from Sprint)

Individual Plans
Simply Everything Unlimited $99.99
Everything Data 450 $69.99
Everything Data 900 $89.99

Family Plans these plans include the first 2 lines. Every additional line is $19.99 not including unlimited plan.
Everything Data Family 1500 $129.99
Everything Data Family 3000 $169.99
Simply Everything Unlimted Family 189.99

Business Essentials Plans
Any Business Essentials plan must have message and data. All add a lines for the business essentials will be $55.00 a month for additional lines

ex.

Business essentials 1000
Business essentials 3000

I can confirm!!!!!
I got my Pre activated on the Everything Plus Family plan which is the same as the Everything family plan but for a cheaper price and extra minutes. The new SERO plans aka EPRP are compatible. Only problem is the store can't activate them on this plan. What I did was let the store change my plan to a regular everything family plan, even though I already had the EPRP plan on. Then I called the EPRP number and was able to get them to switch it back to the EPRP plan.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

bigmoe88 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bigmoe88

So, from what it looks like, anyone who wants a pre, for the first two months of its release, will absolutely need an "everything" plan or a "business essentials". No way out of it. After 60 days however, there MIGHT be a possibility to activate it on an old plan. Hope this information is true!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
So, from what it looks like, anyone who wants a pre, for the first two months of its release, will absolutely need an "everything" plan or a "business essentials". No way out of it. After 60 days however, there MIGHT be a possibility to activate it on an old plan. Hope this information is true!
Put it this way, whatever plan you can activate an Instinct on should be the same for a Pre. Which as far as I understand is an everything plan or select employee plans.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
Put it this way, whatever plan you can activate an Instinct on should be the same for a Pre. Which as far as I understand is an everything plan or select employee plans.
No employees plans yet, if you have a "business essentials" plan you can get the Pre...
Old 06-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Almost a VIP

Ooops I forgot to say, "and eventually employee plans", but I do have my pre on a Everything referral family plan right now. It did take a work around.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OMG!!! This is much more complicated then it should be.......
Old 06-10-2009, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm going to wait 60 days and see if sprint allows plans such as F&F with unlimited data...I hope they do, for now I'll be sticking with my Diamond
Old 06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
OMG!!! This is much more complicated then it should be.......
It really isn't. The only consumer plans compatible to the Pre are the everything data plans. The everything referral plans work too, but the store has a problem activating a phone on these plans.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

People need to get off there high horse and quit trying to get over on the company. If you want to be a cheap skate and keep your sero plan, not getting the pre is a sacrifice you have to make to save money. As stated early be happy they still even have those plans. These simply everything plans are WAYYY cheaper than anything the other carriers have to offer. Can sprint do what they are suppose to do and make money damn. I'm sure Palm is banking in on this more than sprint is. Sprint has to make there money some how. It really upsets me to see people complaining about having to switch there plan. It's a catch 22 you will never be happy. People always find something to complain about. I have the $99 everything plan and i love it. My bill is constantly the same price and i never have to worry about it being higher. I could see if the plans were unreasonable but they are the best of there kind.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900

jazzjc is a n00b

I too had the Touch and had the 450 plus data and had bills that ranged from 72-78 dollars. Then there was that one call to my friend in Canada...

I always thought the SERO plan just ripped Sprint off. I know it is our nature to screw a service provider, but seriously, $100 for a phone plan is outrageous? Do you remember when the land line phone companies got away with this and we just put up with it.

Sprint has really improved since this new guy took over. I call sprint, I get an english speaking person who actually knows what they are doing. I'd rather put a razor to my own throat than to have AT&T, and Verizon, well, if they could be forward thinking rather than a Goodwill store for archaic phones, maybe I might think about them (and if they offered a nights and weekends before 9 PM)

Sprint is a company, Palm is a company. They are selling goods and services just like the companies you all work for. The joy of America... you don't like it, take your business elsewhere. Is $100 really that big of a deal when you were spending 60-70 bucks for your normal plan? I can call anyone, anytime... I can text anyone, anytime... I can sit on the web for as long as I want. Stick with your Diamonds and your Pro's if you don't want to pay for the service.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre