PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 08:38 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For those who have a Pre...

I can understand the sero, but not being able to keep legacy consumer plans is bad.
guess loyalty doesn't count anymore.

hope they don't do this with other new phones on the horizon.

oh, well, only adds fuel to the carrier independent devices fire.

edit;;; ok I just read propagandax's link and it looks like you should be able to keep an old plan
Quote:
If you're a current customer upgrading to this phone
After you receive your new phone, you can activate it online. If you don't already have a data plan, you'll need to select a new data plan during the activation process.
Please note: If you switch from a plan we no longer offer, please be aware that you won't be able to switch back to your old plan. However, you will be able to switch to other plans we currently offer that include data.

Last edited by shaggylive; 06-09-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Epic 4G

nicandalf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I was on an old Fair and Flex Family plan and I had to switch over to a new plan all by myself... even though I already had a data plan, I couldn't just update to Everything Data.

No big deal, the new cost will be somewhat offset by what I will be saving on the data plan, text plan and additional line charge I was paying for on the old plan for the Mogul I had.

I got the same plan as Zyphlin "450 Simply Data plan" for $69.99, I also get my business discount of 20%. I was also able to fenagle my nights and weekends to start at 6pm for no additional charge, albeit I had the same deal on my old plan.

HTC Mogul --> Palm Prē --> HTC EVO 4G
Old 06-09-2009, 09:04 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

i personally would fight it tooth and nail, but I could careless about the pre. nowhere does it say you need an "everything data plan" just data plan. shady, shady.
worse than drug dealers
Old 06-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: sprint

bjaardker is a n00b

FWIW many people are reporting that they are able to get their SERO plans transferred to the Employee Referral Everything Plus plans. It's $59.99 or something like that, but it's still better than $99.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo, TP2, Mogul
Carrier: SpRinT SpeeD!

BiG JeW is keeping up the good workBiG JeW is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to BiG JeW Send a message via Skype™ to BiG JeW

FYI... the following plans are compatible with the PRE and ONLY these plans (just like the INSTINCT from Sprint)

Individual Plans
Simply Everything Unlimited $99.99
Everything Data 450 $69.99
Everything Data 900 $89.99

Family Plans these plans include the first 2 lines. Every additional line is $19.99 not including unlimited plan.
Everything Data Family 1500 $129.99
Everything Data Family 3000 $169.99
Simply Everything Unlimted Family 189.99

Business Essentials Plans
Any Business Essentials plan must have message and data. All add a lines for the business essentials will be $55.00 a month for additional lines

ex.

Business essentials 1000
Business essentials 3000

I can confirm!!!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre

K & M Computers is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to K & M Computers

The only plans compatible with the Pre are any of the everything data/data share plans, everything data, and one particular business plan(i forget the name of it, business essential sounds right) If you'd like i can list the pricing for each plan.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

djk1 is just getting started

For anyone who has the sero plans, I work close to a sprint store and got to know the guys that work there. From what they tell me is that since the employees can not get the phone for 60 days they will not allow any plans but the current everything plans. From what they understand is after the initial 60 days they will be able to get employee plans for themselves. Hence the computers will allow for "other" plans. They did not specifically tell me that I will be able to use my sero plan but hinted that I should not get rid of it so soon. They say sprint has locked the esn's for all pre phones for 60 days so that you are forced to upgrade your plan. After that, it's all fair to satisfy any customer. Now I dont know how much of this you will believe but it does sort of make sense. These guys had the pre to sell to me but told me to hold on to my plan for a while, so make of it what you will.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

phaze is just getting started

I started to consider the new iphone but when I started to price out the plan, reality set in.

They want 59.99 for 900 minutes, 30 for data, 15 for 1250 text messages for a monthly bill of $104.99.

I guess I'll stick to my 49.99 sero plan
Old 06-10-2009, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaze View Post
I started to consider the new iphone but when I started to price out the plan, reality set in.

They want 59.99 for 900 minutes, 30 for data, 15 for 1250 text messages for a monthly bill of $104.99.

I guess I'll stick to my 49.99 sero plan
funny. i did the same. was thinking of going iphone but compared it to $120 for the iphone, including everything u mentioned but unlimited text and night starts at 7 pm. to paying $125 for two lines with sprint with 2000 shared minutes, nights at 7pm and unlimited everything else.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

I got the EPRP Family 3200 minute plan for $149.99 a month for the first 2 lines and $14.99 a month for each additional line. These are the plans that took over for SERO there are quite a few. Overall for my 3 lines this costs me only $5 more per month per line. Overall not too bad. Now I need to wait a month to see if my 23% employer discount carries over.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre