PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 10:14 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
the Truth about oct 6th and winMO 6.5

first, 2 good articles on the whole situation:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...ailablePR.mspx and **edit**
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10322007-56.html notice this "The software maker said on Tuesday that the first phones running Windows Mobile 6.5 will launch worldwide on October 6 and will include phones running on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon Wireless."

now, october 6th is so much more than 6.5 becoming available for TPs and TP2s which what everyone seems to want to know about... theres not even rumors as to when upgrades ROMs to 6.5 will be available to devices such as the TP1...**edit** found a rumor http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82981 we already knew that these were upgradeable, but it indicates/rumors availability of ROM upgrades on the oct 6th launch date as well

everyone seems to fail to realize is not only is oct 6th the launch of 6.5, but in conjunction almost all US carriers-and foreign carriers- are releasing devices that very same day that winMO 6.5 is PRELOADED with... thats right, no upgrading ROMS, right out of the box youll have 6.5..... the question is.. whos getting what really... as of now i can only find 3 devices that our launching on oct 6th...

Toshiba TG01- the 1st "Offical Windows Phone", the first SNAPDRAGON device, comes with 6.5 on it, but appears to be european: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/2685...ndows-65-phone

HTC Touch2(aka HTC Mega) - this one seems gsm also unfortunately
http://www.htc.com/us/press.aspx?id=109430&lang=1033 and here: http://www.gsmarena.com
/htc_touch2-2924.php

LG GM750(aka Layla) - http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...windowspr.mspx and http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=7368 (picture here) this is vodaphone and UK only it seems

the CNET release clearly states that ATT, Sprint, and VZW will all have new devices to launch ON OCT 6TH... what will they be??? why cant we find CDMA devices for this??

ATT seems like they want the diamond2, i read an article(couldnt find again when putting this together) where ATT mentioned they wanted it for a worthy iPhone advisary...

I couldnt find anything, not even rumors, for Sprint or VZW.. let alone phones that look like CDMA possibilities...

has anyone else been following this, as far as trying to see whats coming out???

were about to have a million handset choices and of every variety... TP2, InstinctQ and HD, Omnia II and Pro, Hero other rumored android devices, whatever ATT,Sprint,and VZW launch on the 6th as well...

by the end of October, who knows their could be atleast 10 new, high-end devices to chose from... what r u gonna spend your money on??

im hoping other people will start really looking into all this as well... the web id full of little snips everywhere and things all start to mash together when ur looking by yourself...

my challenge, find other rumored devices, if possible.. go through FCC stuff, theres gotta be cdma devices approved already, that just have been forgotten about.. how else could they make a deadline now less than a month away?? check everywhere... theres so much repeat stuff just because of the announcement of all this, its hard to get new info...

so lets find it, and try to keep it all here, so everyone can find it all out... if we find new phones ill gladly add them to the list of the other 3 above(tg01, touch2, gm750) and put links and such...

i dunno... i was bored i guess... its all very interesting... i have 3 TPs, already replaced one with a TP2 thatll be here tomorrow.. im sure ill buy a hero since their so cheap... but what and when to buy to replace my 3rd one is tough given all thats gonna happen in the next few weeks..

...chime in....

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 09-08-2009 at 05:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: the Truth about oct 6th and winMO 6.5

I agree with you that we are going to see some great new phones that will coincide with WM6.5 releasing, but on one point I have to disagree, and that is the Omnia II. I have been following the Omnia II for the past two months, it was my first choice for a new phone, but there has been ABSOLUTELY NOTHING said or leaked by Verizon to give even the most remote possibility of a release. Every leaked date thus far (July 18th, August 23rd etc.) has come and gone and we are still where we were early July. Due to the Omnia II's unpredictable release, I'll be going with the TP2 this friday. I am by no means disappointed with my choice, I think the TP2 has proven to be, and in my case certainly will be an excellent phone, but it would have been nice to compare the two side by side.

Will we see the Omnia II by Oct. 6th, or at least have some more info on it? Who knows, I never thought back in mid July that we would still know nothing today. I hope though that it comes out within 30 days of getting the TP2 so I have the opportunity to switch if the Omnia II is really as great as it seems...but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:29 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

did u read these: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=Omnia and http://pocketnow.com/news-archive/to...ntory-database

once we had info like this on sprint our TP2 was around the corner now its here... those pics are from like ASug 28th, and low and behold VZWs TP2 is here friday... might wanna hold onto your pocket book, since VZWs launch rumor pics seem to be holding true... you have no date, but the TP2 launches 2 weeks from the date those pics went up... Omnia II could be next week or the week after... never know... omnia IIs specs blow tp2 out! hate to see ya take your 2nd choice and it come out right after is all
Old 09-08-2009, 04:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

The article says that WinPhone 6.5 will be released, and that
Quote:
Microsoft Corp. today announced that Windows® phones will be widely available at retail stores worldwide on Oct. 6, 2009. The new phones will be the first to feature Windows Mobile 6.5, the latest version of Microsoft’s mobile phone software, and will deliver new customer experiences through an improved, easy-to-use user interface, better browsing capabilities and access to valuable services, including Windows Marketplace for Mobile and Microsoft My Phone.
Industry Players Rally Behind Windows Phones
Partners from around the globe are committed to updating or expanding their portfolios to include phones with Windows Mobile 6.5.
In North America: Mobile operators AT&T, Bell Mobility, Sprint, TELUS and Verizon Wireless, and phone manufacturers HP, HTC Corp., LG Electronics, Samsung and Toshiba Corp.
That doesn't mean that they will all HAVE them on that date, only that some will be released, and that those carriers will have some eventually.
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 09-08-2009, 04:48 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

LMAO, ummm what does "widely available at retail stores worldwide on oct 6th" mean to you??? meaning worldwide launch basically...

here im gonna go back and edit the first post... i thought i put this article in there: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10322007-56.html pay attention to this " The software maker said on Tuesday that the first phones running Windows Mobile 6.5 will launch worldwide on October 6 and will include phones running on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon Wireless. "

i also just found a 3rd phone, again European(gsm), that will be released on Oct 6th by vodaphone...

do u see a trend here, device after device, slowly creeping light to the web all with the same Oct. 6th launch date...
Old 09-08-2009, 05:37 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Old 09-08-2009, 06:23 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
well they could just flash 6.5 onto their current stock (tp2 etc.) and the release would still be accurate.

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 09-08-2009, 07:26 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

well i hope for everyone with an upgradeable handset, that we get the ROMs as well as new devices with 6.5 onboard
Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
did u read these: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=Omnia and http://pocketnow.com/news-archive/to...ntory-database

once we had info like this on sprint our TP2 was around the corner now its here... those pics are from like ASug 28th, and low and behold VZWs TP2 is here friday... might wanna hold onto your pocket book, since VZWs launch rumor pics seem to be holding true... you have no date, but the TP2 launches 2 weeks from the date those pics went up... Omnia II could be next week or the week after... never know... omnia IIs specs blow tp2 out! hate to see ya take your 2nd choice and it come out right after is all
The fact of the matter is that Verizon still hasn't said a peep about the Omnia II in almost three months, nothing. There were a few times we thought it was right around the corner because of this or that, and I see WM6.5 as the next date to cling to even though there is no evidence suggesting Oct. 6th.

The TP2 is my second choice, but it's not by that great of a shot. I liked the Omnia II's processor and screen, as well as sleek design, but the TP's keyboard, global capabilities and the user base it will no doubt develop rapidly are also fine points. So we'll see, but if there's still no word come friday on the Omnia II, I'll be down at the Verizon store getting my TP2.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

bet u didnt know the xperia x1 is getting an update... http://pocketnow.com/rumor/xperia-x1...bile-65-update

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Tags
6.5, devices, launch, news, offical