PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Buy to presell Sprint's HTC Hero starting September 13th

I wonder if we will know the pricing of the Hero in a few weeks? BB will probably sell it outright for $700+, as they like to jack up the price of phones. But it will probably go for less than $200, with a 2 year contract...

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Best...le-a_6635.html

Quote:
A leaked shot of a computer screen in Best Buy's internal system shows that the big box retailer could be soon taking pre orders on Sprint's HTC Hero. According to the picture, it appears that September 13th would be the starting date for taking the orders for the Android powered device. The Hero has HTC's proprietary Sense UI and is the first phone using Google's open source OS to support flash on the browser. As we reported last week when this CDMA version of the Hero visited the FCC, October 11th is Sprint's expected launch date of the handset. Pricing is not known at the moment.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Best Buy to presell Sprint's HTC Hero starting September 13th

hrmmm interesting.

I <3 Android
Old 08-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone wager a guess as to what this means in relation to the actual release date?

Are we still thinking/hoping/praying for Oct. 11th?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

call me when they do this for the touch pro 2
Old 08-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

I haven't checked much into the Hero, but is it GSM capable like the TP2? If not, I don't understand someone would buy the Hero for outright for $700 when it is only for the Sprint network.

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 08-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Maitiu is just getting started

Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be nice to know if Sprint will allow this phone on a Sero plan first? What happens if you put the $50 down on it, then find out that it requires the everything plan?
Old 08-27-2009, 10:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitiu View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be nice to know if Sprint will allow this phone on a Sero plan first? What happens if you put the $50 down on it, then find out that it requires the everything plan?
sprint told me the hero wont require sep, for whatever thats worth.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

htowngator is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
sprint told me the hero wont require sep, for whatever thats worth.
Sprint told you? Who exactly said that?

I had telesales people telling me the Pre wouldn't require it either and that was a month before it was released. Those people are just guessing until Sprint actually releases the info on it.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:53 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
Sprint told you? Who exactly said that?

I had telesales people telling me the Pre wouldn't require it either and that was a month before it was released. Those people are just guessing until Sprint actually releases the info on it.
cant say her name or position but i trust her, shes a suit for sprint and theres more to the story because im getting a hero and dont have sep but im getting a good deal on the hero whatever the price will be. bottom line is i trust her.i guess you can call sprint and ask but im sure they dont know. i also had a instinct with no sep and they said you couldnt with that piece of junk too.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

SethVaughn is a n00b

So, granting Sprint will let you put the Hero on a SERO plan, can BestBuy do a 2year upgrade in store on a SERO line or do I have to call and argue with Sprint?

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives