PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 11:50 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Best Buy to presell Sprint's HTC Hero starting September 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethVaughn View Post
So, granting Sprint will let you put the Hero on a SERO plan, can BestBuy do a 2year upgrade in store on a SERO line or do I have to call and argue with Sprint?
who said you can use a sero? i just didnt want you to think i said that.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

BruceBanner is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

this is what i was waiting for.....i think i will get the hero instead of tp2....or atleast try it for 30 days, then return if i dont like it, and get the tp2.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
this is what i was waiting for.....i think i will get the hero instead of tp2....or atleast try it for 30 days, then return if i dont like it, and get the tp2.
Just be sure to read/ask about the BB's return policy as for they might tack on a 15% or even the 25% restocking fee for opened merchandises. If from Sprint, I know for sure they charge you $35 for activated handset.

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i agree with Darren, that it wont require a SE plan... the Hero isnt a flagship device for sprint... their pride and joy Android device will come from Samsung as theyve claimed often.... so it looks like the InstinctQ, which is made by Samsuing will probably get the Android Franchise tag...
Old 08-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

SethVaughn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
who said you can use a sero? i just didnt want you to think i said that.
I didn't say you did. I said, granting Sprint will let you put the phone on a SERO line. I just wanted to know if BestBuy can do SERO upgrades in store or if you have to go through Sprint.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethVaughn View Post
I didn't say you did. I said, granting Sprint will let you put the phone on a SERO line. I just wanted to know if BestBuy can do SERO upgrades in store or if you have to go through Sprint.
AFAIK, people were able to upgrade to their TP's while still on sero plans.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:16 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
Does anyone wager a guess as to what this means in relation to the actual release date?

Are we still thinking/hoping/praying for Oct. 11th?

i talked to sprint today and they said they have no news on it yet. they doubt it will be out before x-mas.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Best Buy was able to upgrade me to the TP back in October. It wasn't was straight forward as it should have been; the Best Buy rep did have to call Sprint and have them complete the transaction.... however all was done in Best Buy.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

i doubt best buy is getting the hero in less than two weeks., as i said sprint told me they have no release date yet. the rep i talked to did not even know they had one coming, lol!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Threadstarter

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
i doubt best buy is getting the hero in less than two weeks., as i said sprint told me they have no release date yet. the rep i talked to did not even know they had one coming, lol!
They are just pre-selling the unit. You won't walk out of BB with one in your hands on Sept 13...or 14th....or even the 15th. But at least we will find out whether it's like the GSM version, with the chin, or the rumored CDMA chin-less photos that recently surfaced.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives