PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mclife is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: the Truth about oct 6th and winMO 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
well they could just flash 6.5 onto their current stock (tp2 etc.) and the release would still be accurate.
I think you've nailed it. I bet a host of currently shipping phones will start shipping with 6.5 instead of 6.1, TP2 included. I don't think they'd rush some of these other anticipated devices out early without us hearing more about it first. The market would be too flooded with new devices (not that I'd complain, but doesn't make sense for the companies launching them).
Old 09-08-2009, 06:27 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

well i found 3 phones already that most had no clue about that will be out, granted they dont look to be USA bound... no device will ship with 6.5 b4 October 6th, that would defeat the purpose of a launch date... it took more than a minute for moguls to start shipping with 6.1 over 6.0.. maybe even a few months...

the market NEEDS a push of great devices all around... there really a small portion of high end phones, and winMO at that.... carriers need a big push right now of new and renewing customers...

and the customers definitely need a good, big push of nice upgraded/upgradeable devices as well
Old 09-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

capthr is keeping up the good workcapthr is keeping up the good work

Yesterday I received a call from a Sprint Rep in response to an email I sent to Dan@Sprint.com. Most of the conversation was about the Hero and Sero (he wouldn't say if they will be compatible but in a followup email he said up to now ALL HTC phones HAVE been compatible). I asked if the Diamond 2 will be released in 2009 and if so when He said it will be released in 2009 and that as in the past (TP & D Vogue & Mogul) it will quickly follow release of the TP2.
Maybe the D2 will be the Sprint phone released on Oct 6 with 6.5. What do you think?
Old 09-13-2009, 06:22 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i dont think so about the D2, there hasnt even been rumors really that it going to sprint.. seems like ATT might be most lined up for the D2, not necc on the 6th though...

never know theres still a few weeks plenty of time for press releases
Old 09-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

capthr is keeping up the good workcapthr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i dont think so about the D2, there hasnt even been rumors really that it going to sprint.. seems like ATT might be most lined up for the D2, not necc on the 6th though...

never know theres still a few weeks plenty of time for press releases
It has been on phonearena.com for weeks as coming to Sprint (Sprint uses them to "leak" info) and as I said before the Sprint Rep TOLD me it will be out this year and sooner rather then later. With all the other phones being released or rumored to be released The D2 just fell by the wayside. I was going to get the Hero, I already left my deposit, but the 3.6" screen and knowing I'll be able to keep SERO has me waiting for the D2, hopefully not too long.

you should email Sprint at Dan@sprint.com you will get an answer by email or phone within a day or so.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
LMAO, ummm what does "widely available at retail stores worldwide on oct 6th" mean to you??? meaning worldwide launch basically...

here im gonna go back and edit the first post... i thought i put this article in there: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10322007-56.html pay attention to this " The software maker said on Tuesday that the first phones running Windows Mobile 6.5 will launch worldwide on October 6 and will include phones running on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon Wireless. "
While I understand why you see that, the cnet.com article does not hold the wight that the MS press release does. All I am trying to say is that the carriers listed, WILL have 6.5. And, 6.5 WILL be released on 06 OCT. Those are 2 different facts that are unrelated. I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to show you why I see it differently.
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 09-14-2009, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore

Just alittle bit of info, thisis related to Sprint, not any other carrier. I went into a local Sprint Store to have my TP repaired. They now offer a program at select stores, that if you have a phone that has been replace several times in an X period, they will swap you into a new phone in the store. the only phones they had I could swap into was the Palm Pro or Snap. I said that both were less than the TP, the manager agreed, but said they are the only WM devices. I asked about the TP2, i was told store level Oct 6, to go with the 6.5 launch. It will be preloaded, but she didn't know if it would be a replacement phone in the program due to having WM6.5

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Tags
6.5, devices, launch, news, offical