PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Pics

I just wish they change the color of the phone period. I can understand yellow and black cuz thats Sprints colors but orange tho? who idea was that? That doesnt look Professional. Even tho the chrome damages too easily I rather deal with that but I'll take it how it comez.

Last edited by Magoo_215; 07-30-2009 at 12:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

HeXeD is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
I don't get the customization of the phone, either. At least we didn't get the doo doo brown version that t-mobile decided on. Although, I'm not looking at the back of my mogul all that much. I pretty much look exclusively look at the front. Which looks great on all versions, except t-mobile.

And now that we are getting the 3.5mm jack, I doubt the original cover would fit, without modification...
meh.. I hope they will allow the "dye mod" for the back so I make it all black.. that would be fine with me.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
I don't get the customization of the phone, either. At least we didn't get the doo doo brown version that t-mobile decided on. Although, I'm not looking at the back of my mogul all that much. I pretty much look exclusively look at the front. Which looks great on all versions, except t-mobile.

And now that we are getting the 3.5mm jack, I doubt the original cover would fit, without modification...
I've seen the t-mobile version is person adn that phone is nice as hell. I don't know why people say it looks bad. The pics on the net don't do it any justice. Thats why im holding out on passing judgement on the sprint version it may look way better in person.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 07-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

I see nothin wrong with the T-Mobile version, I just dont know what they was thinkin with that orange... where did that come from? Maybe it will look better in person I guess.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:59 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by exempli_gratia View Post
If the back is as rounded as it looks, the phone wont sit flat, right. It will rock back and forth when you have it on your desk in "tilt" mode, no?

And where is the Crtl key (no cut/copy/paste [^x/^c/^] from the keyboard?). Boo.
its flat , in tilt in the first pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeXeD View Post
meh.. I hope they will allow the "dye mod" for the back so I make it all black.. that would be fine with me.
wondered the same thing myself

I hadnt really seen those photos before, well not the back atleast, but ive seen TP2 pics b4..

is that like a vented back because HTC and Sprint know their combined devices are notorious for over heating? how thoughtful jk lol

the backs interesting ill give it that.. i agree though that for a phone thats suppose to be the unprecidented leader for biz people, it doesnt look very professional with that back on it.... maybe it is brown though and the pics are just bad.. if its really orange, i wonder how bright it is in person..

you imagine walking upto a biz man, ready to close a million dollar deal... hes on the phone.. all you see is this bright orange back cover on his phone... it'd look like he was using a phone a teenager would have.. doesnt exactly emulate top notch buisness style ya know lol
Old 07-30-2009, 09:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Palm Pre

jmelan is a n00b

i would like to see battery life results on this phone after dealing with the touch pro 1 - if they can't fix that i don't see what the point is
Old 07-30-2009, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ibleedbloo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

Is the 3.5mm jack confirmed? That is gonna be the clincher for me to pick up this bad boy, colors be damned.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedbloo View Post
Is the 3.5mm jack confirmed? That is gonna be the clincher for me to pick up this bad boy, colors be damned.
someone on sprintusers said when he or she saw the phone it had a 3.5mm jack.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
I thought the cdma version had the 3.5mm jack...gsm...not so much
Old 07-31-2009, 02:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Not to me, the adapter worked for me on the Mogul the few times I used it. I'm ticked about the loss of the flash / flashlight, but other than that, it looks great (though I'd far rather have a Mogul 2 with upgraded memory, screen res, and all the buttons).

I suspect a lot of returns are button related, and hence the drift away from physical buttons. Either that, or the dumbing down of everything to an ICI (Interactive Cartoon Interface)

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives