PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Pics

The giant screen is what's getting me. the rest of the phone looks terrible.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I think it's electronic sex incarnate. I can't wait to get one. I love that they made it bigger than the TP. That's been my biggest gripe with mobile devices- they keep making the damn things SMALLER for the RAZR crowd, while ignoring those of us who don't wanna squint at a tiny 2 inch screen for fashion's sake.

The only things I don't like are the loss of the D-pad & flash, but I'll definitely live.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC

Last edited by kabuk1; 08-02-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Sgabert is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
I think it's electronic sex incarnate. I can't wait to get one. I love that they made it bigger than the TP. That's been my biggest gripe with mobile devices- they keep making the damn things SMALLER for the RAZR crowd, while ignoring those of us who don't wanna squint at a tiny 2 inch screen for fashion's sake.

The only things I don't like are the loss of the D-pad & flash, but I'll definitely live.
I don't think the entire trend is heading toward smaller phones (iphone ain't that small) but it does seem that they are trying to keep the devices the same size and add more features. Some engineer at palm was like "Hey, we can make the pre have a slide down keyboard like the lg chocolate, but it would be so much cooler if we put a full qwerty on board." FAILURE. Trying to type on a palm pre is horrible. So I don't think that people try to make phones smaller, they try to put things designed for larger phones on smaller phones then market them with tons of features instead of making a great mid size phone. However, there are some phones like the samsung juke where I die a little when I see people carrying it around. Getting back on topic, is it true that the Sprint TP2 has a 3.4 inch screen instead of the 3.6 inch standard screen?
Old 08-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Almost a VIP

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff

It sure seems that way. Ever since the RAZR came out it's like theres this huge competition to make the thinnest, smallest phone. Bring back the bricks!

One thing that concerns me about the TP2 though, is that zoom bar at the bottom. PLEASE tell me it's not gonna have some wierd interface where we have to zoom in on everything.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgabert View Post
I don't think the entire trend is heading toward smaller phones (iphone ain't that small) but it does seem that they are trying to keep the devices the same size and add more features. Some engineer at palm was like "Hey, we can make the pre have a slide down keyboard like the lg chocolate, but it would be so much cooler if we put a full qwerty on board." FAILURE. Trying to type on a palm pre is horrible. So I don't think that people try to make phones smaller, they try to put things designed for larger phones on smaller phones then market them with tons of features instead of making a great mid size phone. However, there are some phones like the samsung juke where I die a little when I see people carrying it around. Getting back on topic, is it true that the Sprint TP2 has a 3.4 inch screen instead of the 3.6 inch standard screen?
It will have the 3.6 inch screen

Old 08-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hey kabuk1, just checked out your battery life tips. Very nice! I'll give em a shot over the next few days.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
It sure seems that way. Ever since the RAZR came out it's like theres this huge competition to make the thinnest, smallest phone. Bring back the bricks!

One thing that concerns me about the TP2 though, is that zoom bar at the bottom. PLEASE tell me it's not gonna have some wierd interface where we have to zoom in on everything.
It shouldn't be any different than the TP. Instead of circling around the d-pad like on the TP you just scroll on the zoom bar for the same effect(using opera, looking at pics etc...)
Old 08-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Almost a VIP

Ooh, neat. Good to know.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Hey kabuk1, just checked out your battery life tips. Very nice! I'll give em a shot over the next few days.
Thanks, glad to be of help
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives