PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 09:05 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Throwing this out there...

Known bugs:

The crackling audio bug is still present. Turn down your media volume a notch or two to resolve.

The kernel does include other fixes to problems in other oc kernels, with things like brightness, backlight, and keyboard issues. All credit goes to t3hSteve from All Droid.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

rolijen is becoming a great contributor

Adrynalyne! Thank you for this rom. As a dedicated user of your Omnia roms, I was thrilled to see both you and Blazing Wolf had switched to the Moto Droid. I loaded up this image last night and all I can say is Wow! It is really fast. Smoking fast, in fact. Menus pop and apps open instantly. Great job. I am really liking it so far.

For those about to rock (We salute you)
Old 02-14-2010, 07:01 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I'm hoping I can get proficient enough to build one from source, but I am probably not smart enough to But what I lack in brains I make up in determination
Old 02-14-2010, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Bunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good workBunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good work

This is probably a dumb noob question, but this is a nandroid backup, correct? Do I just throw it into the nandroid folder and restore it? (made a backup)
Old 02-14-2010, 07:10 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Yeah exactly. Do backup your current setup first though. Then unzip this, making sure its not double nested in the folders and then put it in your nandroid folder. Reboot, restore system, data, and recovery.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Bunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good workBunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Yeah exactly. Do backup your current setup first though. Then unzip this, making sure its not double nested in the folders and then put it in your nandroid folder. Reboot, restore system, data, and recovery.
Thats what I did. I probably messed something up. Saadly, it is most likely on the pc end.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

rolijen is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
When I restored, I did not select DATA. Is that a problem. Everything seems to work fine. I was reluctant as I am not sure what DATA is restored. Does that wipe my data and replace it with yours?
Old 02-14-2010, 07:31 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Make sure when you open the extracted folder that it doesn't open to another folder.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:32 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolijen View Post
When I restored, I did not select DATA. Is that a problem. Everything seems to work fine. I was reluctant as I am not sure what DATA is restored. Does that wipe my data and replace it with yours?
No, I don't think its an issue. Yes, it would wipe your data, and its a blank backup so...I just wasn't sure because I have my recovery image in \data\local, so I backed it up.

Does setcpu show it at 1ghz?
Old 02-14-2010, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I am having issues with the unzipping. Working on that now.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid