PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 01:29 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TF3D HD port 2/1/09 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
WHAT! did you delete the data file??
I deleted the file in the beginning like you told me but haven't sence then. if I need to do it again where is it located?

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronvlee View Post
anyone able to break this down as to why it may run so much faster according to the posts I've read?
Some speed increase is due to CFC compression, though this threads build only began doing so recently. The ATI video chip in the Touch Pro has some additional HW supported compression, which the TF3D CFC patch enables the use of. The smaller image files are quicker to load making some operations faster and saving on storage space.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:51 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
Some speed increase is due to CFC compression, though this threads build only began doing so recently. The ATI video chip in the Touch Pro has some additional HW supported compression, which the TF3D CFC patch enables the use of. The smaller image files are quicker to load making some operations faster and saving on storage space.
+1...
Old 02-04-2009, 04:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ZEROpcs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
It should be doable. Get the sprint theme, install it, install the clock you want, install and then uninstall the bg4all cab I linked to above to "remove" bg4all... should do it.

You could use the cfc compressed version too - once its just the way you like it just copy out all the windows/*_manilla files onto your windows desktop and compress them using the cfc_gui app over at xda, then copy them back for a little speed bump/space savings.

I'm not gonna go though all that though

The Background4all fix you mentioned didnt remove the background on all tabs (yes, I installed it and uninstalled it)... If I were to locate the Sprint theme, would it neon all the tabs? Even the ones that are not in the Sprint theme???
Old 02-04-2009, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Diamond, Telus TP2
Carrier: Telus

chakde is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotrs View Post
Which one is this? one of your own design, or the one from XDA website provided in previous links?
This one is also from XDA and not my design. I am not sure which post I picked it from but I had googled this cab and came across this one, installed and worked fine for me.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Well, something I tweaked somewhere killed the "2 appointment on home page 5 on scroll" feature. I'm only seeing 1. It might have been the crystal flip clock, or re-installing bg4all...

I've posted over on the xda thread to see if/what actually is enabling that. If anyone knows, lemme know. If not I'll copy this thread if I find out over at xda.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
I deleted the file in the beginning like you told me but haven't sence then. if I need to do it again where is it located?
right in the install instructions in the first post

Quote:
-delete the My device/Application Data/HTC/databases/forecast_cache.db file BEFORE you use the weather tab.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 02-04-2009, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Well, something I tweaked somewhere killed the "2 appointment on home page 5 on scroll" feature. I'm only seeing 1. It might have been the crystal flip clock, or re-installing bg4all...

I've posted over on the xda thread to see if/what actually is enabling that. If anyone knows, lemme know. If not I'll copy this thread if I find out over at xda.
Here is the file I believe you need. This is usually wacked because of a new clock install. Its best to make a manila backup of your files when you have everything working, that way when you install something that doesn't work for some reason you can simply restore your manila files. This is a heck of a lot easier and faster than hard resetting and starting over. Get Manila Customizer to back up, that is what I use
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1c684cd8_manila.zip (15.9 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fat boy; 02-04-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

This is my current HD Manila Backup folder. So if you have totally screwed it up, before you hard reset you might want to try just installing these files to your windows folder with total commander.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HD Manila Backup.zip (3.31 MB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 X TPRO
Carrier: 1 Sprint 1 METRO PCS

djsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good work

Am searching to see if there is a post regarding the music tab acting weird
when scrolling through songs.
sorry if this has been answer before.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks