PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would You Prefer a Very Basic ROM with Functionality to Add Cabs on the Fly
Yes - Strip it All Out and Provide Cabs for Stripped Out Pieces 7 46.67%
No - I Actually Like What You Have Incorporated into Your ROMs 5 33.33%
Maybe - Pear Back What You Have Included to Something Smaller 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.2

I asked this question earlier, and maybe no one had seen it. I use 21904. Does 23569 have a built in task manager that when you hit the X button, it closes running programs? Thanks.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Steve - I got the chance and flashed the new 23569 ROM. It is working great.

1. Shutdown with the long end key is nice.

2. No "Settings" in the start menu. I understand that HTC is forcing you to their settings tab anyways, so that if you go to Start Menu\Settings\ you end up at the Settings Tab. Here is the problem I encountered though; I went to Settings Tab\Menu\All Settings\Home\Items so I could disable Sense and install CHT 1.8. I did that and then it asked me to restart my device. I did that and when my device rebooted I was going to enable Sense - the only problem - there was no "Settings Tab" bc Sense was disabled and there was no Settings shortcut in the Start Menu. I thought I was going to have to do a hard reset but then remembered the Manila.exe was in the Windows directory.

So - I don't know if there is really anything you can do about it (or want to). But I thought I would make you aware in case you hadn't thought about what happens when you disable Sense.

3. The Facebook Tab is working for me. With the last rom I didn't get my updates. Now I am. I don't know if that is bc you incorporated f.i.m. or something else - I am just glad it is working.

4. I voted to "keep it the way you make it" simply bc it already comes pretty bare bones as it is. On my device I have got 228mb of free Storage Memory AFTER installing almost all of my stuff. I mean how much free storage does one need? I have 48mb free program memory (using 72% of program memory) which is not bad.

I have only been using the rom a couple of hours. I will try and give more feedback later. Thanks for all your hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
Ok cool, I was just curious. I have been running 2013 for a while now and haven't run into any compatibility issues and would be willing to test your mod. It sounds like you have it figured out though
Jmart - thank you for the offer. If you would be willing to see if you could get it to work - that would be awesome. Like I said - I don't have any first hand experience with GTX and .2013 - only a few posts I have read on the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedi2034 View Post
I asked this question earlier, and maybe no one had seen it. I use 21904. Does 23569 have a built in task manager that when you hit the X button, it closes running programs? Thanks.
I am using 23569 and I cannot find a built in task manager. Sorry. Hopefully Steve will reply. 21904 does not have the HTC task manager built in? I always use Arkswitch anyways. And I never close programs with the little "x" (of course there is no little "x" in 23569).

Last edited by thepolishguy; 06-08-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

I am using 23569 and I cannot find a built in task manager. Sorry. Hopefully Steve will reply. 21904 does not have the HTC task manager built in? I always use Arkswitch anyways. And I never close programs with the little "x" (of course there is no little "x" in 23569).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.
I use Touch X on 21904, but i dont think i can use it on 23569 because isn't there a clock on the top, and those little lines cover it up, and you don't close out up there anyhow. The X is on the bottom on 23569.

Steve, Is it built in to the rom that when you hit the X button at the bottom, it closes open programs?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:38 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

HTC Task Manager has caused me the most grief, especially in the 23569 build since the notification enhancement overrides task manager. I would be curious to know if you like the standard black notification enhancement, or if you would prefer the dropdown taskbar app.

I am also uploading another teaser version of v2. This is my personal ROM, and so might not be perfect for your use, but will give you a good idea at things I am cleaning up. The size of the NBH has dropped from 169 meg to 143 meg, thanks in part to getting rid of alot of optional Sense stuff. This will be the basis for cabs to fill out the Sense install.

Steve
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
Ok cool, I was just curious. I have been running 2013 for a while now and haven't run into any compatibility issues and would be willing to test your mod. It sounds like you have it figured out though
Jmart,

First off thanks for popping in here. Your work has always been top notch, as I have used alot of it before we had our HSPL. Any advice would be most welcome.

As to 2013 I can now tell you that 2013 will NOT be the last ver of Sense I will be making available. 2015 is here and I will be looking at it in the next couple of days.

Stay tuned,
Steve
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Jmart,

First off thanks for popping in here. Your work has always been top notch, as I have used alot of it before we had our HSPL. Any advice would be most welcome.

As to 2013 I can now tell you that 2013 will NOT be the last ver of Sense I will be making available. 2015 is here and I will be looking at it in the next couple of days.

Stay tuned,
Steve
Yes sir, that is the word on the street! Have you gotten your hands on Manila 2015? I have quit a few 2015 packages, but not manila...yet!

Nice ROM by the way, I like how you are allowing your users the option and room to customize it the way they like.

-PM sent your way

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

Last edited by jmart518; 06-09-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
I am also uploading another teaser version of v2. This is my personal ROM, and so might not be perfect for your use, but will give you a good idea at things I am cleaning up. The size of the NBH has dropped from 169 meg to 143 meg, thanks in part to getting rid of alot of optional Sense stuff. This will be the basis for cabs to fill out the Sense install.

Steve
Quote:
Stay tuned,
Steve
I am staying tuned. Will the RC of Version 2 be uploaded tonight (anytime soon)? Just wondering.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:20 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I am staying tuned. Will the RC of Version 2 be uploaded tonight (anytime soon)? Just wondering.
Its up there now...use the link in the post about the teaser ROM. Notice how much smaller this ROM is over the last one....yea!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

Hormazd is a n00b

Quote:
All,

I am going to give you a little teaser ROM that will let you see some of the new enhancements I am planning for v2. Please bear in mind this is just a test ROM, and that any and all could change when v2 is released. This is a 23569 ROM, so I am sorry if I am leaving the 21904 folks out of the fun.

New in this ROM is as follows:

1) 21874 XIP instead of original 21849 XIP. This should help memory mgmt and overall performance.
2) Updated core components to most recent available.
3) Sense 2013.2227 instead of 2012.1225. This updated Sense has allowed me to separate and not build in certain Sense components that no one uses.
4) Updated bells and whistles where applicable.

I would be interested in getting some initial feedback, if you are so inclined to help. The link is as follows:

http://www.4shared.com/file/no9Qdztm/23569_v2_Test.html

I have also put up a poll on the topic of cabs and the functionality that is built into the ROMs. I hope you all will give me your thoughts and vote. Of course if you feel you need to expand on the answer please feel free to PM me with your comments.

Steve
Steve,

Is your V2_test ROm stable? I can only test on weekends. I only have one Imagio and its my lifeline to my business when I am out of the office. it takes me about an hour to flash and re- customize my phone. I am willing to do that on a week night if I know I wont have problems the next day.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

Hormazd is a n00b

I have an issue with the inability to retract the soft keyboard. The keyboard button now shows input options instead of retracting. The OEM VZ Rom had an small arrow next to the button for options and button itself launched and retracted the keyboard. Am I missing something?

Last edited by Hormazd; 06-09-2010 at 12:55 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development