View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 PM
thepolishguy
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.2

Steve - I got the chance and flashed the new 23569 ROM. It is working great.

1. Shutdown with the long end key is nice.

2. No "Settings" in the start menu. I understand that HTC is forcing you to their settings tab anyways, so that if you go to Start Menu\Settings\ you end up at the Settings Tab. Here is the problem I encountered though; I went to Settings Tab\Menu\All Settings\Home\Items so I could disable Sense and install CHT 1.8. I did that and then it asked me to restart my device. I did that and when my device rebooted I was going to enable Sense - the only problem - there was no "Settings Tab" bc Sense was disabled and there was no Settings shortcut in the Start Menu. I thought I was going to have to do a hard reset but then remembered the Manila.exe was in the Windows directory.

So - I don't know if there is really anything you can do about it (or want to). But I thought I would make you aware in case you hadn't thought about what happens when you disable Sense.

3. The Facebook Tab is working for me. With the last rom I didn't get my updates. Now I am. I don't know if that is bc you incorporated f.i.m. or something else - I am just glad it is working.

4. I voted to "keep it the way you make it" simply bc it already comes pretty bare bones as it is. On my device I have got 228mb of free Storage Memory AFTER installing almost all of my stuff. I mean how much free storage does one need? I have 48mb free program memory (using 72% of program memory) which is not bad.

I have only been using the rom a couple of hours. I will try and give more feedback later. Thanks for all your hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
Ok cool, I was just curious. I have been running 2013 for a while now and haven't run into any compatibility issues and would be willing to test your mod. It sounds like you have it figured out though
Jmart - thank you for the offer. If you would be willing to see if you could get it to work - that would be awesome. Like I said - I don't have any first hand experience with GTX and .2013 - only a few posts I have read on the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedi2034 View Post
I asked this question earlier, and maybe no one had seen it. I use 21904. Does 23569 have a built in task manager that when you hit the X button, it closes running programs? Thanks.
I am using 23569 and I cannot find a built in task manager. Sorry. Hopefully Steve will reply. 21904 does not have the HTC task manager built in? I always use Arkswitch anyways. And I never close programs with the little "x" (of course there is no little "x" in 23569).

Last edited by thepolishguy; 06-08-2010 at 10:18 PM.