PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ipaq, Imagio, Evo 4G
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Sit Bits is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM|KITCHEN] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.6 23569 07/13/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
One thing I think I should mention to everyone is I've been growing tired of WinMo HTC's which I've used exclusively for nearly 5 years. Android is growing more and more appealing to me and I've had a company issued Moto Droid for some time that I've refused to activate as I'm a very loyal HTC fan. I've built some custom roms for it and also a few HTC android phones which are done very differently but still very enjoyable to me. My wife just gave me the go ahead to buy an HTC Incredible which I've been eyeing for awhile. I've been watching development for that device and once the nand unlock method for flashing custom rom is made public or leaked off the record to me I will be buying one and building roms for it as my main device. It may not happen today or tommorow or in the next week or so but I've made up my mind I'm switching and the unreleased failure of Windows Phone 7 for power users will not be keeping me on windows mobile. I hate to say it but android & other linux based deriviatives are the future of smartphones.
I feel the same way about winmo. I'll be moving to android in november when my contract with verizon is up. Maybe sprint Evo 4g or driodx,but who knows what will be there in november. I think your right about the future of smartphones.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Wanted to know if anyone could build me (or show me how to do it myself) a ROM similar to the latest release but with an updated dialer (not skin but full dialer) and an updated RSS Hub app?

I have been using these ROM's since they have been available and the latest release is the closest to being perfect then any of the others. The only problem is the dialer is an old version that doesn’t incorporate Facebook profile pictures and the RSS Hub app is broke when it comes to searching the internet for feeds.

I would greatly appreciate some help so that I can finally be content with a ROM and stop flashing my phone. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

cjm2576 is a n00b

Quote:
...It may not happen today or tommorow or in the next week or so but I've made up my mind I'm switching and the unreleased failure of Windows Phone 7 for power users will not be keeping me on windows mobile. I hate to say it but android & other linux based deriviatives are the future of smartphones.
Can't say I blame you one bit, if I had the funds I'd be right behind you. I just want to say thanks, again, for taking this phone and making it fun and functional for the rest of us.

What ever happened to the Andriod on Imagio project you were working on? Does the phone even have the power to run the OS passably?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work

I posted this in the wrong thread and noticed it only a few minutes ago. So, I am posting it here in the correct thread...

Can one of you please check the following on your Imagio running this ROM? I would not like to change over unless the Assisted Dialing facility is available.

If you click on the green call/send button to get to the phone dialing screen and click on the "Menu" soft button, does "Assisted Dialing" or "Global Dialing" or something similar show up in the list like in the stock ROM where "Assisted Dialing" shows up below "My Phone Number..."? Thanks!

I need it to select the country I am in when I am traveling so that phone numbers with the plus code are dialed properly.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm2576 View Post
Can't say I blame you one bit, if I had the funds I'd be right behind you. I just want to say thanks, again, for taking this phone and making it fun and functional for the rest of us.

What ever happened to the Andriod on Imagio project you were working on? Does the phone even have the power to run the OS passably?
Yes it most surely does. It runs almost exactly the same processor as the heroc/eris the difference in the processor verison is the global capibilities of the imagio. It has the same amount of hardware rom/ram as eris and has a larger wvga screen instead of the eris smaller hvga screen. To get it booting kernel support for the htcwhitestone board needs to be added to the kernel souce of htc-linux and someone has to map all the gpio's for buttons and such for functionality. I don't have the time to help on it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
One thing I think I should mention to everyone is I've been growing tired of WinMo HTC's which I've used exclusively for nearly 5 years. Android is growing more and more appealing to me and I've had a company issued Moto Droid for some time that I've refused to activate as I'm a very loyal HTC fan. I've built some custom roms for it and also a few HTC android phones which are done very differently but still very enjoyable to me. My wife just gave me the go ahead to buy an HTC Incredible which I've been eyeing for awhile. I've been watching development for that device and once the nand unlock method for flashing custom rom is made public or leaked off the record to me I will be buying one and building roms for it as my main device. It may not happen today or tommorow or in the next week or so but I've made up my mind I'm switching and the unreleased failure of Windows Phone 7 for power users will not be keeping me on windows mobile. I hate to say it but android & other linux based deriviatives are the future of smartphones.
I am bummed out that you won't be cooking roms for the Imagio. But I am glad to hear you are getting a new device. The Incredible looks awesome. And I agree that Android is going to take over. I think by being open source they really set themselves up to be a killer OS. It seems (to me at least) that the people at MS are out of touch with what the consumer wants from a device.

I am hoping that you will do a final kitchen update that includes some templates for 2016 roms?

Out of curiosity - would it be possible to make Modem.lnk into a .cab?

thanks for all your hard work and help.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I am bummed out that you won't be cooking roms for the Imagio
Seconded. Your efforts have made the device significantly better than the stock software could have ever hoped for. You got as close to perfect as anyone could hope for (if, like me, they wanted the same basic OS+SenseUI stuff), and you have my thanks. I like 1.5e the best
Old 07-29-2010, 07:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
Wanted to know if anyone could build me (or show me how to do it myself) a ROM similar to the latest release but with an updated dialer (not skin but full dialer) and an updated RSS Hub app?

I have been using these ROM's since they have been available and the latest release is the closest to being perfect then any of the others. The only problem is the dialer is an old version that doesn’t incorporate Facebook profile pictures and the RSS Hub app is broke when it comes to searching the internet for feeds.

I would greatly appreciate some help so that I can finally be content with a ROM and stop flashing my phone. Thanks in advance.
Can anyone help?
Old 07-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio (Whitestone)
Carrier: Intertelecom/UA

luckytiger is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to luckytiger Send a message via Skype™ to luckytiger

sorry, but I just yesterday first time build worked rom... hmmm. very strong word It boot & work, but i get out runCC else it not boot "first time" properly. now i take experience about run runCC for customizing "first boot". sorry, now can't help.
PS: any help about howto runCC appreciate ( i mean links & personal help). Thanks.

Last edited by luckytiger; 07-29-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I hate to say it but android & other linux based deriviatives are the future of smartphones.
Future of smartphone "geeks" for sure. They'll spend all day wasting time doing nothing useful with a phone and don't mind 3 hour battery life.

Furture of smartphones though... not a sure bet by any stretch.
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development