View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 04:57 PM
thepolishguy
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM|KITCHEN] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.6 23569 07/13/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
One thing I think I should mention to everyone is I've been growing tired of WinMo HTC's which I've used exclusively for nearly 5 years. Android is growing more and more appealing to me and I've had a company issued Moto Droid for some time that I've refused to activate as I'm a very loyal HTC fan. I've built some custom roms for it and also a few HTC android phones which are done very differently but still very enjoyable to me. My wife just gave me the go ahead to buy an HTC Incredible which I've been eyeing for awhile. I've been watching development for that device and once the nand unlock method for flashing custom rom is made public or leaked off the record to me I will be buying one and building roms for it as my main device. It may not happen today or tommorow or in the next week or so but I've made up my mind I'm switching and the unreleased failure of Windows Phone 7 for power users will not be keeping me on windows mobile. I hate to say it but android & other linux based deriviatives are the future of smartphones.
I am bummed out that you won't be cooking roms for the Imagio. But I am glad to hear you are getting a new device. The Incredible looks awesome. And I agree that Android is going to take over. I think by being open source they really set themselves up to be a killer OS. It seems (to me at least) that the people at MS are out of touch with what the consumer wants from a device.

I am hoping that you will do a final kitchen update that includes some templates for 2016 roms?

Out of curiosity - would it be possible to make Modem.lnk into a .cab?

thanks for all your hard work and help.