PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.2 23557 & 21896 4/10/10

ok guys does visual voicemail work on this rom?
Old 04-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Adiliyo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsun View Post
is the attached file for the clock flipping-freeze? just wanted to clarify. Thanks
it should be for the one hour and minute back the clock gets set so that you can see it flip forward every time you go back to the home screen
Old 04-12-2010, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor
Re: Garmin mobile xt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave MotorSports View Post
I see that in the current rom there is garmin mobile xt installed. Is there a way to use the onboard gps with that instead of a garmin gps unit?
Garmin XT is not installed. If you own the Garmin XT program and it's installed on your SD card, that link will open up the version of the program that you own and is installed on your SD card. Garmin XT uses your onboard gps. Garmin XT works GREAT on these phones btw.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:41 AM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
yes, on 1.1a and 1.2 (those are the only ones ive tried)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrc4 View Post
yes, on 1.1a and 1.2 (those are the only ones ive tried)
thanks a lot
Old 04-12-2010, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

I'm back! lol.

My report card on 1.1a in "roaming" mode is good overall. I had no issues up in Canada functionality-wise other than a really annoying "can't figure out what country you're in" message, which has nothing to do with the ROM. Performance was an on-and-off issue (mostly off), but everyone knows that by now, so there is little point going into that now that the SYS has been updated I also learned a few very bad mistakes I made on my custom taskbar ... "roaming" shows up as "no WiFi", for example, but that's 100% my fault and again nothing to do with the ROM.

I of course updated to RC 1.2 tonight. Absolutely no problems thus far, nary a one. No lock-ups while flashing, performance seems notably better, two thumbs "way way up". I did have one lock-up, which is mentioned below since it may well be an app issue, but I can't find a way to blame the ROM...

My 1.2 comments:

- The Marketplace Netflix application locks up on the initial Accept/Reject screen. You see no text and after clicking "Accept", you have to soft reset. Been that way on all 6.5.x so far, probably a bug in the application, but thought I'd mention it. My first soft-reset after "Accept" to fix Netflix caused a lock-up. I was stuck at the stock WM 6.5.x unlock screen and couldn't get out of it. A second soft-reset solved all, including Netflix.

- All default settings seem right based on the original VZW ROM, I've crossed a lot of things off of my setup list. Nice.

- I still suggest baking-in the camera speed-up modifications outlined here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1673469. I used the camera a lot this past weekend, and ran into zero problems with these settings enabled. It made the camera significantly better for me. Given that they are reg settings, perhaps a .CAB to turn them on and off in the \My Documents\Drellisdee folder is the best option?

- I suggest taking the two wallpapers, stwater_480_800.jpg and stwater_800_480.jpg from BlackGloss.tsk file and making them available as wallpapers, perhaps in "My Wallpapers", licensing withstanding. This will allow the end user to select one of them for the SenseUI wallpaper. Related, I see no downsides to the "bg4all" modification. My *ideal* Drellisdee default ROM would have BG4ALL and this 800x480 wallpaper set for SenseUI, since it matches the WinMo theme wallpaper. Opinion, of course, but I think it looks great as a default. After extracting those .JPG files from the .TSK I'm really liking it compared to something more colorful. I think it would be a really sharp default with little to no impact to anyone that doesn't like it.

- I suggest "Home.WallpaperMode" be set to 2 by default, but leave the 2 CABs you made in place to allow people to switch. My reasoning here is that the Imagio is just not powerful enough for these animations to be effective for all users and your acceptance factor will be higher if it's not enabled by default.

Other than that ... hmm .... can't find any flaws yet. So far the new SYS is much improved. Time will tell, I thought 1.1a was much improved as well - lol !

- djp

Last edited by djp952; 04-12-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6975
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rachbu is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post

Visual VM works on all versions of this ROM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

jester fate is a n00b

hey drellisdee, i'm loving this rom...one thing i just gotta have is lockscreen that locks with pin...but haven't said anything, as your rom is honestly perfect to me, with all that i do...except when i lock it with security, i have to hard reset to get back up...but i found a newer lockscreen if you were interested...i have put it on mine this morning, it is a .cab file...and everything seems to unlock perfect right back into home screen... hope this helps, if anyone else likes this sort of thing...again thanks dr., i really appreciate the awesome rom!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656744
Old 04-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

nukezdoc is a n00b

Does VCast TV work on RC1.2?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

I've had two issues in the past day.

1) In the afternoon yesterday the screen wouldn't come on unless I hit the end call a few times. I was able to get the screen on then turned the phone off by holding down end call until I got the menu. Normally I use XDA shutdown and press the menu button phone wakes up no problem

2) this morning, same issues as 1.1 build. A particular email put the phone in full freeze requiring battery pull. The only times I've encountered this type of issue has been in the a.m. On the occasions it happens it has been hotmail with an Image. Maybe it's the Windows Live app? I may just make it a habit to soft reset when I wake up in the morning and THEN check email.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development