PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio -- and LOVING IT.
Carrier: Verizon

Mahalo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.1 23554 3/31/10

Very nice work. Donating come pay day. I tried the others and they were nice also, but this one is what I was looking for.

My Wi-Fi tethering is working great too!

Thank you for your excellent and hard work!

HTC Imagio on Verizon Wireless
Tampa, FL

Last edited by Mahalo; 04-03-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio

KnightlyScribe is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to KnightlyScribe

Does anyone know how to disable the weather animation on the home screen?? Driving me crazy..
Old 04-03-2010, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio -- and LOVING IT.

Mahalo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightlyScribe View Post
Does anyone know how to disable the weather animation on the home screen?? Driving me crazy..
I think you just select the option other than 'weather *' wallpaper in your settings and then choose whatever wallpaper you wanted to use? I might be wrong... I'm using my phone tethered right now so I'm not into accidentally disconnecting!

I'm sorry, I don't remember what it is called but it is where you select your wallpaper...
I think.

Oh, I forgot to ask what bugs you about it so much. So far I really like the way it looks but it really seems to kill my ability to switch between applications (including the second application you have to reach when you REALLY want to close it... Why hasn't Micro$oft given us the - or X options?) This isn't the fault of the ROM, but the System. I still LOVE this ROM!

Last edited by Mahalo; 04-03-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:50 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightlyScribe View Post
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Home.WallpaperMode"=dword:2
"0" turns it back on
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6975
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rachbu is a n00b

on RC 1.1, I had to adjust the MMS server settings. WAP was set to 2.0 by default & phone number wasn't entered after the server address
Old 04-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Just loaded up 21896 beta 4.2 and I like it so far.
are you planning on updating this build to RC status?

seems more stable and faster then the 6.5.3 series.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

Drellisdee, after using RC 1.1 for a while now, I've noted that the performance doesn't seem to be as good as the Beta versions. Have you heard of any performance issues with this new build of the WM SYS? I wish I had something concrete to point out, but the device just feels ... sluggish in comparison to the 23459/23551 cycles.

I'm *not* complaining, far from it, just curious if maybe something is up with 23554. I might be able to go back to Beta 4.x tomorrow to see if it helps, but if not tomorrow it won't be for at least a week (traveling)

I also have a suggestion to consider that when you get to "1.0", if you want to and have the time, offering ROMs with both HTC Messaging and the older ArcSoft Messaging might be valuable. I still like HTC M, but it really is a sluggish application. Had a high volume IM day today, and ended up deleting all the messages 3 times to speed it up. Ideally, HTC would fix it and release a patch you could include, it is a nice IM application!

Keep up the good work ... sorry my experience has degraded with the latest release
Old 04-05-2010, 10:21 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachbu View Post
on RC 1.1, I had to adjust the MMS server settings. WAP was set to 2.0 by default & phone number wasn't entered after the server address
Yep, you will need to manually changed those every flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
Just loaded up 21896 beta 4.2 and I like it so far.
are you planning on updating this build to RC status?

seems more stable and faster then the 6.5.3 series.
If there is enough interest I'll do a com2 one next time new SYS's come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp952 View Post
Drellisdee, after using RC 1.1 for a while now, I've noted that the performance doesn't seem to be as good as the Beta versions. Have you heard of any performance issues with this new build of the WM SYS? I wish I had something concrete to point out, but the device just feels ... sluggish in comparison to the 23459/23551 cycles.

I'm *not* complaining, far from it, just curious if maybe something is up with 23554. I might be able to go back to Beta 4.x tomorrow to see if it helps, but if not tomorrow it won't be for at least a week (traveling)

I also have a suggestion to consider that when you get to "1.0", if you want to and have the time, offering ROMs with both HTC Messaging and the older ArcSoft Messaging might be valuable. I still like HTC M, but it really is a sluggish application. Had a high volume IM day today, and ended up deleting all the messages 3 times to speed it up. Ideally, HTC would fix it and release a patch you could include, it is a nice IM application!

Keep up the good work ... sorry my experience has degraded with the latest release
I thought that 23554 was a slight bit slower than the older ones too. At this point I don't plan on doing both versions of messaging as it takes me on average 50-60 minutes to upload each rom with my slow time warner connection. BTW, HTC Messaging does bog down with lots of sms too (200+) so delete your unneeded items every so often. Edit: I also changed/reduced the shared ram used in resource proxy too in latest rc1.1. Exactly what apps are you seeing a little slower as it may be due to this.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 04-05-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I'm using rc1.1 and wifi router doesn't work. previous builds worked flawlessly, I just ran it or turned on the switch, connected via my pc and surfed. it was great during a power outage a couple weeks ago.

with 1.1 I'm able to start wifi router but my pc doesn't see the signal even with the phone sitting on it.

internet sharing via usb does work. any advice?

this has been very stable and fast otherwise.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee
I also changed/reduced the shared ram used in resource proxy too in latest rc1.1. Exactly what apps are you seeing a little slower as it may be due to this.
Once any particular app is up and in the foreground, they seem to run normally. Launching things feels slower, and after closing/switching apps feels slower.

If this were a desktop OS, I'd say it feels like overaggressive memory management or not enough physical RAM. That type of phenomenon, where excessive paging causes slowness, but once the foreground task is "good", it's "good". Does that make sense? I know it's not exactly the same, just trying to describe

Is the shared ram/resource proxy setting something that can be changed post-flash and applied with a soft reset? If so, I'd be happy to change the values and let you know if I perceive a difference.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development