PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |I|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23547/21895 |Mar 17| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by swade8 View Post
Wow.. I wished I got that after I flashed to that rom. with me, after the first 3 hrs. my free ram went from 66 down to 35, then down to 13 after 7 hrs of use.. it got to where nothing ran right, it lagged on me, and interesting enough NRG's Roms have all the cool apps and tools in it. No need to install anything else. but had to restart the phone just to continue normal activity after 7 hrs and the battery drain was awful, but i'd expect that after a new rom flash. I loved the eye-candy, but would rather have speed, performance, and stability over eye-candy anyday.. but i haven't ruled any of NRG's roms out yet. still flashing and testing them all as they come out.

Same here. I dont think its anything with NRG. Sense 2.5 may be the isssue. But im no pro. Just my 2cents
Old 03-27-2010, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

yusky03 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
Not the case. If i open my RSS feed and click links that will open my brower while simply listening to a podcast the phone starts to freeze. When the ram drops below a certain point it puts a strain on the phone. When running a rom with a higher free ram i dont have this issue. so thats why im shopping for a lite rom. You may not get slowdown but i do. Havent quite put my finger on it but through trial and error ive experianced that if i have enuff free ram the phone runs smoother. Now obviously i know theres an extreme... i dont needs Gigs of free ram. lol. Besides... it was a simple question of how much free there was availible with the 2 builds... just looking for a simple answer....... =) thanks.
I was not trying to prove you wrong or was even saying anything specific about your post I was talking in general about people complaining about low RAM on this thread.

I don't know why you have problems. Doing what you said after 3 days now without reboot I have Zero problems. Just saying it has to be something different we are doing. Unless our hardware is a different revision.

The biggest problem I have had since installing "Energy.IMAGIO.23549.Sense2.5_with_Cookie_HomeTab. Mar.20" is every few days I get the sleep of death and have to reboot. Which is not a big deal at all.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Lurker

Stag is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to Stag
Re: |I|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23549/21895 |Mar 26| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Just wanted to drop in with some quick stuff...

1) Had the 'typical' issues with provisioning. Manually entered Username/Password and got a data connection, but it doesn't stay connected 100% of the time; certain stuff, like hitting the "Unread Messages" button in the Facebook tab, will disconnect the data connection. I end up having to go in an reconnect Ev through Comm Manager.
2) Start Menu > Tools > ...no Carrier Provisioning option. Threw me for a loop, but I was able to enter settings when I turned on Data Connection. Maybe this is my problem?
3) Liking this task manager a LOT. Good call, and nice upper-left shortcut.
4) Can't get clock to update based on location...I know several people were talking this over earlier, and I dunno if there's a fix for that or not.

Crazy-awesome speed, NRG! Thanks again man!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stag View Post
Just wanted to drop in with some quick stuff...

1) Had the 'typical' issues with provisioning. Manually entered Username/Password and got a data connection, but it doesn't stay connected 100% of the time; certain stuff, like hitting the "Unread Messages" button in the Facebook tab, will disconnect the data connection. I end up having to go in an reconnect Ev through Comm Manager.
2) Start Menu > Tools > ...no Carrier Provisioning option. Threw me for a loop, but I was able to enter settings when I turned on Data Connection. Maybe this is my problem?
3) Liking this task manager a LOT. Good call, and nice upper-left shortcut.
4) Can't get clock to update based on location...I know several people were talking this over earlier, and I dunno if there's a fix for that or not.

Crazy-awesome speed, NRG! Thanks again man!
Had to manually enter username/password to get data connection working, but otherwise, no problems noticed yet there.

Task Manager is good so far as well, haven't used it a lot yet so will comment more if I see anything bad about it.

Make sure you go into Start -> Settings -> Clocks and Alarms and set your time and time zone there properly and everything else should fall in line regarding clocks.

And yes this is the smoothest ROM yet, Sense is noticeably smoother and more responsive. Nice work there.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

I downloaded 23547 sense 2.1 and when I run 7zip, I just get a .nbh file...Does anyone know why it is doing that? It wont extract the rom update utility.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

So I like the new lock screen icons, and they are aligned properly now (centered) except for one thing...

If you have 1 notification type, it looks fine. However, if you get a 2nd type (missed call & SMS for example) or more they stack below the first, and not above. See screen shot below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NRG_Lock_Mar26.jpg (67.6 KB, 64 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusky03 View Post
I was not trying to prove you wrong or was even saying anything specific about your post I was talking in general about people complaining about low RAM on this thread.

I don't know why you have problems. Doing what you said after 3 days now without reboot I have Zero problems. Just saying it has to be something different we are doing. Unless our hardware is a different revision.

The biggest problem I have had since installing "Energy.IMAGIO.23549.Sense2.5_with_Cookie_HomeTab. Mar.20" is every few days I get the sleep of death and have to reboot. Which is not a big deal at all.
Sorry didnt mean to jump on ya. My bad. Imma flash the newest 21XXX mar 16th build now and see how it goes ...
Old 03-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Lurker

srg3037 is a n00b

NRGZ28 -

Some great progress! Love this ROM. So far everything works great - just need to get the carrier provisioning fixed up.

Keep up the wonderful work.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Just flashed the latest 21XXX mar 26th rom....

works great. MMS works out of the box.. Great job NRG!!!!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio

Viventis is just getting started

I am using one of the earlier versions of Energy because I could not get my Verizon Data turned on. Would someone walk through it please? The first step is to put in a number to call. What is it? #777 or something like that? The next page asks for a login and password and another "optional" field. What are they please.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development