PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

cbaty08 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bring new life to your vogue

Just picked up the black housing for my xv6900, gonna give my gf this fugly white one... hers is straight THRASHED. It will always amaze me the amount of $HIT girls NEED in their purse...
Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaty08 View Post
Just picked up the black housing for my xv6900, gonna give my gf this fugly white one... hers is straight THRASHED. It will always amaze me the amount of $HIT girls NEED in their purse...
Cool let us know how it goes.. Some before and after pics... Thanks T M Z
Old 01-29-2010, 02:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

mtehan is a n00b

Is there any way to tell before installing the screen if it is one with horrible viewing angles? Originally I had a Mogul and then I sold it for a Vogue. This was awhile ago. However, the first thing I realized when I received the Vogue is that the Mogul screen looked so much better. Well, recently I broke the LCD on my Vogue. I bought a replacement screen on ebay hoping I would receive a good screen. I remember a post a long time ago on here where screens were compared and I'm hoping I don't get screwed this time. I'm thinking about replacing the housing too, now I need to decide between burgundy and black.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:18 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Threadstarter

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtehan View Post
Is there any way to tell before installing the screen if it is one with horrible viewing angles? Originally I had a Mogul and then I sold it for a Vogue. This was awhile ago. However, the first thing I realized when I received the Vogue is that the Mogul screen looked so much better. Well, recently I broke the LCD on my Vogue. I bought a replacement screen on ebay hoping I would receive a good screen. I remember a post a long time ago on here where screens were compared and I'm hoping I don't get screwed this time. I'm thinking about replacing the housing too, now I need to decide between burgundy and black.
Yes,Later tonight when I get home I'll post a picture with a good and a bad screen so you can see the different marking on them . Thanks T M Z

The ones on the left or the better quality. Hope that helps.. Thanks T M Z
P.S. Sorry for the low light pic's..

Last edited by tmz; 01-29-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

mtehan is a n00b

Thanks for the pictures. I definitely bought another shitty screen. I don't really care though because it was only $10 and I plan on buying a new digitizer and housing later, possibly a good screen. By the way, anyone looking to replace their digitizer or LCD; it's not that hard. It was pretty much what I expected. The hardest part is getting the motherboard separated from the back plate. Although, once I found out what is needed it to remove it turned out to be very easy.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: VZW

Hawks2005 is keeping up the good workHawks2005 is keeping up the good work

Here is my "new" Vogue! I couldn't get a pic of the before(broken camera), but I can tell you that it was not pretty, chips on the screen, scratches and scuffs all over the body and the silvery center was almost totally peeled off, but thanks to TMZ for sending me this new housing, my Vogue is looking great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new.JPG (850.3 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:33 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks2005 View Post
Here is my "new" Vogue! I couldn't get a pic of the before(broken camera), but I can tell you that it was not pretty, chips on the screen, scratches and scuffs all over the body and the silvery center was almost totally peeled off, but thanks to TMZ for
sending me this new housing, my Vogue is looking great.
Nice work .Glad you brought one back from the grave
Old 02-07-2010, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: VZW

Hawks2005 is keeping up the good workHawks2005 is keeping up the good work

I love it! It's like having a new phone and Sprint got it right with the housing, feels a lot more durable than my Verizon one. Thanks again TMZ, you were a huge help!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

gonna try this out in a few days! any tips =P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 06-14-2010, 07:11 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Get the stuff you need and let me no if you need Help. I do have a screen if you need one. Thanks T M Z
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue