PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 08:19 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bring new life to your vogue

Hey guys, I thought I would post a little something I did. I have a few different Vogue's, and I decided to take my beat up work phone and give it new life. Just thought I would post the pics and some info. In case anyone was interested. Alongn with some links for the parts and disassemble. First off, you see 3 phones. The center one is the work phone. Just to show you what it looks like with a bad screen in the center, and the good screens on the 2 outer ends. These phones were shipped out with 2 different clarity lcd screens. All 3 backlights were set at the same brightness. I decided to transplant my sprint into a burgundy alltel body. I do have a digitalizer that says sprint, but I just didn't change it. The alltel body swaped over without a hitch. Sorry for the bad pics, it's the best I could do with the lighting I had. Hope this brings some interest and helps some other people out.

Thanks T M Z
http://cgi.ebay.com/Burgundy-Red-OEM...item2303f4124f
http://cgi.ebay.com/BURGUNDY-RED-HTC...item2302c8ce9b
http://cgi.ebay.com/GRAY-HTC-TOUCH-M...item23035b240c
http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-MP6900-OEM-F...item5d23eda747
http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-LCD-Screen-D...d=p3286.c0.m14
http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-TOUCH-SPRINT...3A1%7C294%3A50
http://cgi.ebay.com/SPRINT-HTC-PPC-6...item4cebeca0b4
http://cgi.ebay.com/SPRINT-HTC-PPC-6...item1e59276087
http://www.pdacenter.ru/razborka/razbor_htc_touch/
http://cgi.ebay.com/VERIZON-TOUCH-XV...item5ad4ad3de7

The ones on the left or the better quality screens, sorry for the low light pic's...

Last edited by tmz; 01-29-2010 at 07:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Thumbs up Re: Bring new life to your vogue

Great Pics , Links , and Info !!
Wow! Those good screens look so much better!! I think I definitely have one of the bad ones. lol Mine looks fine if I look at it straight on but if I tilt it similar to the angle you show in your pics it certainly doesn't look like those good screens in your pics . I'd just like to get a new front housing with a digitizer . You wanna sell that housing second from the left?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:14 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Threadstarter

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Re: Bring new life to your vogue

Thanks horndoctor, I do need it but if I come up with one I'll let you know...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I understand Bro!
Old 11-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

Very interesting, thanks!
Old 11-17-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

bossman74 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey TMZ, you wouldn't happen to have an spare camera button switch and volume button switch ?

Mines are broken and I'm looking for a cheap replacement.

Nice work on those Vogues by the way.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:42 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman74 View Post
Hey TMZ, you wouldn't happen to have an spare camera button switch and volume button switch ?

Mines are broken and I'm looking for a cheap replacement.

Nice work on those Vogues by the way.
Nothing now but if I come up with some I'll let you know...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

bossman74 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch CDMA + GPS
Carrier: Bell

Torob is just getting started

My Touch is white, and very worn out, cracks all over the place... the white paint cover on the back has been cracked off, htc / touch have gone.. Made the phone look very ****ty

How is the black in terms of quality? Or the Burgundy?
Do they feel good? Will they be like the white (i've heard only white touches have bad casings)
Old 11-18-2009, 11:19 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Threadstarter

The two I have purchased. The black and the burgundy. Have a very faint rubberized feel. I guess you might want to call it. Werar wize they have held up very well for me. Well worth the $20 some dollars. I think you'll be pleased.

If you have a GSM, you need to look up the GSM housing. The ones I posted were for the CDMA's.

Thanks T M Z

Bell is cdma right ?

Last edited by tmz; 11-18-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue