PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel HTC Touch getting 6.1 soon

Like I said I'm using the 8/15 ROM and everything is awesome with one minor exception... when a call comes in, quite often I'm not able to answer it.

The send button does nothing and the softkey 'Answer' button is unresponsive... any ideas what might be going on?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

benanthony is just getting started

it might be something with your data connection. I was using nuevasync and when it had a data connection open I experienced the same problem. Try closing activesync and terminating your data connection and I bet it won't happen. Now how to fix it so that it will work I have no idea. I just set activesync to manually sync (which still auto sync when you plug it into your computer) so that it wouldn't try and open a data connection.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

[quote=arik;420920]I just got off the phone with Alltel advanced tech support (trying to fix my no EVDO when roaming on my touch), ...quote]

arik,

What is the prl on your phone? I have a buddy with an Alltel Touch (I am Sprint) and have helped him with all kinds of stuff on his phone. After we flashed him to the rev. A update that used to be posted on HTC's site he was having EVDO and roaming issues. We updated his prl to 40036 and it fixed his problems. Let me know if your prl is different than this and I'll walk you through updating it mannually rather than through dialing into whatever ## code that Alltel uses.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel Plan on Verizon
Threadstarter

arik is just getting started

[quote=Vancer;427401]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arik View Post
I just got off the phone with Alltel advanced tech support (trying to fix my no EVDO when roaming on my touch), ...quote]

arik,

What is the prl on your phone? I have a buddy with an Alltel Touch (I am Sprint) and have helped him with all kinds of stuff on his phone. After we flashed him to the rev. A update that used to be posted on HTC's site he was having EVDO and roaming issues. We updated his prl to 40036 and it fixed his problems. Let me know if your prl is different than this and I'll walk you through updating it mannually rather than through dialing into whatever ## code that Alltel uses.
I created this thread where I asked for help about this. If you can help out please read up (only a few posts) and let me know what you think I should do... (I have REV A and just installed PRL 40038 a few days ago)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37933

Thanks!

Old 10-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

... So where the F is the 6.1 update? Anyone got any new info? This F'ing blows!
Old 10-04-2008, 11:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: T-mobile

Kader is a n00b

Please stop posting "soon" on here if you don’t have an exact date or heard it from the techs that seem to give a deferent answer every time you call. I'm an Alltel agent and the Alltel general manager in my area has said to me there is no due date set nor do they know when it’s supposed to come out yet. They didn't even train on it either. However there are some Tech's out there that are using the WM 6.1, and are testing it out.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kader View Post
Please stop posting "soon" on here if you don’t have an exact date or heard it from the techs that seem to give a deferent answer every time you call. I'm an Alltel agent and the Alltel general manager in my area has said to me there is no due date set nor do they know when it’s supposed to come out yet. They didn't even train on it either. However there are some Tech's out there that are using the WM 6.1, and are testing it out.
I only say soon when an Alltel tech level one or three or whoever are the techs above the first one that answers the phones. So if your mad or upset at all that people say that, know I only say when Alltel has TOLD me. Not to sound mean or knock your knowledge about anything, but from what I can tell for any carrier, Agents are the last to know as no one tells them until just before the public knows. But obviously this time I or should I say we, Alltel tech 3 agents have told us bad information. So please when you hear something please let us know. If its not obvious already we all really do want the update on our phones.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor

glad to hear that alltell is screwing their customers as good as verizon (for now). the real 'techs" are on this site and xda and apparently dont work for the carriers. they crack the codes and create the leading edge stuff that apparently forces the carriers to "release" the updates. i applaud the carrier techs that read these posts. you will go far and when you get to a higher level convince the carriers to quit milking our technology but in general the carrier techs know less about the phone than i do and i dont know anything. post #50!
Old 10-08-2008, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Talking Re: Alltel HTC Touch getting 6.1 soon

6.1 is out today! Its really there I am downloading it now!

The link is on the first post.

Last edited by arik; 10-08-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

drew8484 is a n00b

I went to the alltel site and there's no link. None on the 1st post either. Where's it at?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue