PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel Plan on Verizon
Threadstarter

arik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel HTC Touch getting 6.1 soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState87 View Post
Yes, but that ROM has some major roaming issues right now that conflipper knows about and is trying to fix. I'm in roaming areas a lot of the time and simply cannot use this rom because of that.
If roaming is an issue, then I can't either. I am over an hour away (maybe close to 2hours) from the closest Alltel tower, and so also no stores near by, also stuck using 1x (which is supposed to be fixed soon)....
Why I have Alltel you ask. Thats easy, I got Alltel back in 03' when I was in college and just kept it after I graduated. No one else comes close to coverage, prices, features, and customer service is great, so when I get my bill I don't feel like I have been ra*ped (multiple times, different partners), which is important to me. Only real draw back in phone selection is less then par, but hasn't bothered me much over the last 2 years. Every time I compare prices say with Verizon or AT&T I also come back with the feeling of wanting to be checked for an STD, and that is just looking at their prices, and comparing to what I pay now (which I also think is slightly more then it should be, Sprint is being forced to realize that with their prices and lowering them now).
Old 09-11-2008, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

ka911 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arik View Post
does the GPS work perfectly, or as you would expect a GPS to work?
I do have GPS Working with out any problem. It will lock between 20 sec up to (sometime) 45 sec, I'm with Verizon so No roaming for us
Old 09-11-2008, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka911 View Post
I do have GPS Working with out any problem. It will lock between 20 sec up to (sometime) 45 sec, I'm with Verizon so No roaming for us
Now when I look back on that, I don't think I was thinking correctly... I have nation wide coverage so I don't care about roaming either. In the other post, I was thinking along different lines where it wasn't picking up towers correctly, and not working properly if you were not in your home area, as I am not.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Allhel

xxTouchFloxx is a n00b

someone should change the name of this thread to Alltel HTC Touch getting 6.1 never

Old 09-14-2008, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

OhioState87 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OhioState87 Send a message via MSN to OhioState87

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTouchFloxx View Post
someone should change the name of this thread to Alltel HTC Touch getting 6.1 never
LOL, got that right!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

Alltel will never get 6.1
Old 09-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Really...we don't need it. Use a custom ROM and enable AGPS. I was only looking for Alltel to release a new ROM so I could get AGPS.

I now have an Alltel ROM that is WM6.1 - Rev A - GPS/AGPS that locks within seconds, and its completely custom to me.

I recommend you to try out Vetvito's new kitchen that includes Manilla2d. You'll never be able to use any other home screens again.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc0480 View Post
Alltel will never get 6.1
I thought they had it on at least one phone now? not sure...
The new WM phones comes with it. So yes, they will have it, just unsure about all the BS with the Touch...
Old 09-16-2008, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccia View Post
Really...we don't need it. Use a custom ROM and enable AGPS. I was only looking for Alltel to release a new ROM so I could get AGPS.

I now have an Alltel ROM that is WM6.1 - Rev A - GPS/AGPS that locks within seconds, and its completely custom to me.

I recommend you to try out Vetvito's new kitchen that includes Manilla2d. You'll never be able to use any other home screens again.

I have never played with or installed a custom ROM. (just installed drivers for GPS) I have been holding out because I was trying to get my phone refub... After a few tries with different reburbed phones (all still bad). Altel gave me a new touch, so now I am ready.
There is to much stuff to look at for custom ROMs... And What is a kitchen? a name refering to a ROM you put together like Mr. Potato Head? Could you give me a good head start of what to do or to go for a good working ROM, as you said you have. Basicly all I want is my GPS working too, (among other obvous things like to be able to talk, data, txting ect...)
Thanks in advance!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arik View Post
I have never played with or installed a custom ROM. (just installed drivers for GPS) I have been holding out because I was trying to get my phone refub... After a few tries with different reburbed phones (all still bad). Altel gave me a new touch, so now I am ready.
There is to much stuff to look at for custom ROMs... And What is a kitchen? a name refering to a ROM you put together like Mr. Potato Head? Could you give me a good head start of what to do or to go for a good working ROM, as you said you have. Basicly all I want is my GPS working too, (among other obvous things like to be able to talk, data, txting ect...)
Thanks in advance!
Hey arik,

I remember what it was like to be brand new and I sill have much to learn of course. The PPCKitchen just updated their site and it is awesome!! It now has a forum and is a wealth of information in one spot that I had to spend hours and hours on this (also awesome) site and xda-developers.

Here is a link to a tutorials thread and it has a definitions post as well to get you jump started on your soon to be new obession.... FLASHING!!

http://www.ppckitchen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32

Have fun!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue