PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to denasqu
Re: New Official rom & live & gps bug.

You might find this Wikipedia article interesting. It confirms what you're seeing. I've also noticed the problem with the weather apps that update themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_GPS
Old 08-05-2008, 12:47 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

followed your link from another tread... nice description.. I noticed this on my mogul with the new rom as well. it seems the agps server uses a different connection than your data connection. I assume that it due to aGPS being required for e911 and is supposed to work for non-activated phones..
I wonder if we can access one of these servers via an activesync internet connection.. (instead of cdma)
Old 08-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Hugo............ I cant change the title but yes I agree with you. Also.. you went thru exactly what i went thru..... several hard resets and trying to figure out why gps would suddenly fail. Then realized having a automatic EDVO connection was the culprit. Well... now we can work from here.... and maube find a solution....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

denasqu, thank you very much... This will bring us closer to understanding the issue. good link.. it does explain rather well why we are experiencing this anomaly. Shaggylive.......... I am glad you had success with it aswell. it looks like we can officially confirm this solution and maybe sticky this....I am sure many others are wondering why their gps stopped working altogether. Looks like the key for agps to work properly is not NOT have a automatic data connection and problem resolved. There better be a fix because I sure do love PUSH MAIL.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:53 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

well, I was simply confirming the symptom. I could still get locks, but just took longer if I had an already active data connection... btw, I use sms to trigger my mail send/recv (project push mail/push effect)(i think)
we still need a proper fix for this, ie. get the agps to connect via standard internet connection.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

coob is a n00b

Initially after flashing the new ROM I had problems, however, a subsuquent hard reset has cleard this up for the most part. Call me a noob but I've not had this problem with push. I'm using exchange direct push however, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I've had really good luck with GPStoday and GPStoggle. Will this only occur if using AGPS mode?
Old 08-05-2008, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Looks like the key for agps to work properly is not NOT have a automatic data connection and problem resolved. There better be a fix because I sure do love PUSH MAIL.
I agree with you cause I would rather have my mail being pushed than having to automatically update it, it becomes a hassel after a while.

When I was using the leaked Sprint ROM before this one, this problem wasnt an issue. Its apparent that there is something going on with the new ROM or certain drivers or maybe some registry values that need to be worked or compared to the new ones.

At least we have a temporary solution to our problems, thanks to you.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
followed your link from another tread... nice description.. I noticed this on my mogul with the new rom as well. it seems the agps server uses a different connection than your data connection. I assume that it due to aGPS being required for e911 and is supposed to work for non-activated phones..
I wonder if we can access one of these servers via an activesync internet connection.. (instead of cdma)
By the way Exil3d, hope you dont mind that I posted your link in a few threads once I had success with it. I think this is how Saggylive found it and followed it.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
btw, I use sms to trigger my mail send/recv (project push mail/push effect)(i think)
What do you mean by this? How does this method work or how can I replicate it on my phone? And, does it work on Windows Live or Hotmail to be more specific?
Old 08-05-2008, 02:25 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

(project push mail/push effect)(i think)

the free one was hard to find, but only does one account (so I linked all my mail to 1 gmail [imap])
and there is a pay version pusheffect http://www.qorefunctions.com/ that will do multiple mail accounts specficially.

it's kinda the OLD way, but hey, it does work pretty well.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue