PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Official rom & live & gps bug.

Ok, I think I found a bug and solution for us Vouge users with the new official rom. I noticed that after installing the new rom my gps got locks really fast with 10 to 15 seconds. Then after doing all my app installations and configured my email and finalized my phone, my gps would not lock as fast as it did right after a reflash.So anyways, I noticed that after opening up gps thru gpsviewer 1.5, the phone would not use agps to connect to the server to get the gps location. I realized that that was the whole problem in why I would not get a lock like i did before. So I hard resetted and then installed gpsviewer and immidietly noticed that agps was working since i noticed the phoneonnected automatically to edvo and got a gps lock within 15 secs. So... I traced down what was stopping agps from working. I noticed that right after I set live email to get emails "receive as they come" the a-gps would stop working. How did i noticed agps was not working? Well, after setting my live account to pushmail and reseting my phone.. when i launched gpsviewer and opened com4 the phone would not blink the arrows from edvo showing data being anffered. Remember when making live to receive email as then come, the phone always has a internet connection. So then I did a few more test and found out that disabling pushmail on my live account and just set it to "manual" and resetting the phone, my a-gps would work again and I would get 10 second locks. So if you still have gps issues.. disable you pushmail on live and reset the phone and then see if it locks fast.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

n_w_a_31 is a n00b
Re: New Official rom & live & gps bug.

Nice work! I just turned set pushmail to manual and did a soft reset and blam!, indoor lock within 5 seconds.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least I helped you! I created this thread thinking it was a waste of time and maybe it was just me that this solution worked for. I high suggest anyone else doing this if you having gps issues still with the official new rom. At least we can get another confirmation on this. good luck.... and god speed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

I did another test yesterday morning. I have pushmail enabled on my live account. And just did a reset in the morning and my phone booted up and a data connection was established automaticaly as soon as the phone finished up loading everything. So I now gps needs a-gps because its been over 12 since I used it. So i opened gpsviewer and opened com4 and guess what? No internet rraffic happened, and it took a whole 8 minutes to lock tp gps. So this morning I did the test again but this time I disabked pushmail. So i reset the phone and let it boot up fully and since no pushmail was detected then the phon4 did Not establish No automatically data connection. So there I was, phone in my hand early morning with not connection to edvo. So I launched gpsviewer and opened com 4. As soon as I hit open com 4 the phone made a a data connection and within 13 seconds I had a gps lock. Again I proved my theory is correct. I would like others to try this test too. Maybe someone can narrow down why this is happening and fix it. Thxs for readinG.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch 3G
Carrier: CHT

ds535 is a n00b

How do you set disable pushmail?

Thanks
Old 08-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Thats IF you have it enabled.By default its not enabled. But to get to it is go Programs and click on Windows Live. Once inside on the lower right click on Menu then cck on the first selection in which is "options". (not account options) Then..click on number3 in which is sync schedule. Then on the very 1st Box set it to "manual" if its not that already. The other option is "as item arrives" in which is "pushmail", if you put it to this or even to a 15,30,45,minutes tyen the phone gets a automatic edvo data connection in which for some issue kills a-gps. Remember to reset the phone after you disable push mail.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

hellomcfly is just getting started

I think you are right, i dont have full proof results, but iv done it since yesterday and my gps pops right up, where before it would take forever, till i did a reset and it would pick up real fast.

sometimes i would open google maps and wait for 30 sec nothing, then open windows live and it would wake up instantly...
Old 08-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

hellomcfly, I am glad you had some results. I redid the test since I was not getting a lock again and I did have PUSH MAIL on. SO i disabled it again .. reset and under 10 seconds I had a lock. Kinda bums me out because I love push mail and I dont want to disable it. Hopefully there is a fix..
Old 08-05-2008, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

I was having the same issue, I couldnt figure out for the life of me why my GPS stopped working after it was working when I did a fresh Hard Reset. After installing all my apps and configuring everything like I wanted my GPS suddenly stopped working.

I did about 5 hard resets with the new Sprint ROM and using OMJ's Clean Generic ROM and it pissed me off that after configuring everything like I wanted it all stopped working and had to hard reset.

This last time I MADE SURE GPS was working before I started installing apps and after everything was installed GPS was working. Then all the sudden it stopped working. It never crossed my mind that setting up my Windows Live to check my emails as they come in would do this and this was probably one of the last things I configured this last time.

I was determined to find the cause and not hard reset even if I ended up with no GPS after it all. I tried to mess with the Registry values for GPS and checking all my settings double, triple and quadruple times and nothing worked.

I finally had to come back to PPCGeeks and see if anyone had solved the issue.

Once I saw your post I had a feeling that it was Windows live just by reading the heading on it.

Well, I set my Windows Live to Manual instead of Push. I also made sure I deactivated my Autoupdates on Pocket Sports Center on my today screen to make sure nothing was connecting to the internet automatically. I did a Soft Reset and VOILA!!!!!

GPS IS WORKING ONCE AGAIN, instantly to 2 seconds to get GPS locks with Google and Live now INDOORS, 2nd floor of 3 story apartments.

YOU ARE THE BEST, THANK YOU FOR FIGURING THIS OUT BEFORE ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!

TRUE SOLUTION TO THOSE THAT HAVE FAULTY GPS, MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE PUSH MAIL RUNNING OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT MIGHT USE DATA CONNECTION AUTOMATICALLY!
Old 08-05-2008, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

By The Way, If You Can Edit The Title Of This Thread You Should Change It To Something Along The Lines To:

"possible Solution To Gps Problems With New Sprint Rom 3.03.651.4"

You Might Get More Hits And More People Will Solve Their Problems.

Thank You Once Again
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue