View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Hugo381
PPCGeeks Regular

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Official rom & live & gps bug.

I was having the same issue, I couldnt figure out for the life of me why my GPS stopped working after it was working when I did a fresh Hard Reset. After installing all my apps and configuring everything like I wanted my GPS suddenly stopped working.

I did about 5 hard resets with the new Sprint ROM and using OMJ's Clean Generic ROM and it pissed me off that after configuring everything like I wanted it all stopped working and had to hard reset.

This last time I MADE SURE GPS was working before I started installing apps and after everything was installed GPS was working. Then all the sudden it stopped working. It never crossed my mind that setting up my Windows Live to check my emails as they come in would do this and this was probably one of the last things I configured this last time.

I was determined to find the cause and not hard reset even if I ended up with no GPS after it all. I tried to mess with the Registry values for GPS and checking all my settings double, triple and quadruple times and nothing worked.

I finally had to come back to PPCGeeks and see if anyone had solved the issue.

Once I saw your post I had a feeling that it was Windows live just by reading the heading on it.

Well, I set my Windows Live to Manual instead of Push. I also made sure I deactivated my Autoupdates on Pocket Sports Center on my today screen to make sure nothing was connecting to the internet automatically. I did a Soft Reset and VOILA!!!!!

GPS IS WORKING ONCE AGAIN, instantly to 2 seconds to get GPS locks with Google and Live now INDOORS, 2nd floor of 3 story apartments.

YOU ARE THE BEST, THANK YOU FOR FIGURING THIS OUT BEFORE ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!

TRUE SOLUTION TO THOSE THAT HAVE FAULTY GPS, MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE PUSH MAIL RUNNING OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT MIGHT USE DATA CONNECTION AUTOMATICALLY!