PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

b0n3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyones battery actualy last a full day?

I charged my phone from 7pm-11pm last night .. got to a green light 100% charge. I unplugged it from my charger then hit the power button and left it on over night.
This AM at around 8, I checked my phone and the battery was already down to 30% with no usage. I think I get two bars in my bedroom. That usuage doesn't seem normal, but I wonder if it'll take a few more charge cycles for this thing to get primed.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0n3 View Post
I charged my phone from 7pm-11pm last night .. got to a green light 100% charge. I unplugged it from my charger then hit the power button and left it on over night.
This AM at around 8, I checked my phone and the battery was already down to 30% with no usage. I think I get two bars in my bedroom. That usuage doesn't seem normal, but I wonder if it'll take a few more charge cycles for this thing to get primed.
Did you just get the phone? or just get the battery? then yes it takes a few charge cycles to get it right.. also i noticed after if you charge it when it says like 30% rather then down to like 10% when it starts warning you.. it lasts longer sometimes

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Lurker

b0n3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dette View Post
Did you just get the phone? or just get the battery? then yes it takes a few charge cycles to get it right.. also i noticed after if you charge it when it says like 30% rather then down to like 10% when it starts warning you.. it lasts longer sometimes
Thanks .. I think I know what the problem may be. I just installed Spb Mobile Shell 2.1. and the problem started after that. There's a known battery drain issue with this version, and the fix is to "disabled smart gestures for taskbar". I'll give that a go. I've also been completely draining the battery and recharging as a prep.

We'll see what happens .. I hate having to return stuff, but at least I have a 30 day window on this one.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:28 AM
Almost a VIP

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just for the first time since I got this phone let the battery die completely ... and am now charging it...
I was just letting it go down to 10%... Lets hope this primes it up a little more
Old 07-28-2008, 01:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

jay1200 is a n00b

What does it mean to set your phone to Push Email? how do i do that for my XV6900 Verizon Touch?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 AM
MLU
N00b

MLU is just getting started

I dropped the weatherpanel software and I gained half a day worth of charge. If I am not using GPS, I can get a day and a half of very heavy usage out of one charge now. Fro weather I just set up a couple internet shortcuts on the S3 cube for quick access. Losing slide2lock also seemed to give me a couple extra hours of juice, too.

For travelling, I bought one of those Energizer quick charge thingys that used a couple AA batteries. I have yet to use it on my Touch, but it usually got a couple charges out of a set of AA's with my previous phones.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

cpm199 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0n3 View Post
Thanks .. I think I know what the problem may be. I just installed Spb Mobile Shell 2.1. and the problem started after that. There's a known battery drain issue with this version, and the fix is to "disabled smart gestures for taskbar". I'll give that a go. I've also been completely draining the battery and recharging as a prep.

We'll see what happens .. I hate having to return stuff, but at least I have a 30 day window on this one.
I have also installed SPB MS 2.1 and I have not noticed any difference in the battery life of my phone, which has always been great considering how often I browse the web and use my phone in general. I have also recently stopped using S2U2, but just due to personal preference. I actually still use S2U2 for the other features it offers, I just don't use the lock feature any more.

My battery easily lasts me all day with plenty to spare. I support our LAN at work and when we have an outage will use my phone heavily and I have yet to run out of battery before 5 p.m. I have ran out on the way home before though, but no complaints, cause those are days that would have wiped out the battery on my old A900 as well. All in all, my battery has been great.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Almost a VIP

i use spb mobile shell built into my ROM and it hasnt had any problems
Old 07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero, was Sprint Touch (HTC)

VulcanGrey is just getting started

I bought mine in Dec. Battery usually lasted a full day and I might be down to 60%. if I sat around and used the internet or music and video for 6 hrs straight it might go down to 50%.

Then I installed the new official ROM and my battery was saying it was down to 20% after a day of normal (very light use), including a few emails, an few txts, 1/2hr call, and some GPS google maps.

I read that after the new ROM flash it resets the battery charge level circuitry+software, so the problem is that the charging circuit thinks your cell discharges in only a few hours because that is all it knows since it was reset.

The trick is to let it deplete down to zero charge, until it turns off, keep turning it on until it won't turn on anymore. Then remove the battery for a bit, put it back in a charge it fully WITH the OEM WALL CHARGER ONLY (NO USB).

Do this for a few days to recalibrate the charging circuit/software.

Now you should have full battery life.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanGrey View Post
I bought mine in Dec. Battery usually lasted a full day and I might be down to 60%. if I sat around and used the internet or music and video for 6 hrs straight it might go down to 50%.

Then I installed the new official ROM and my battery was saying it was down to 20% after a day of normal (very light use), including a few emails, an few txts, 1/2hr call, and some GPS google maps.

I read that after the new ROM flash it resets the battery charge level circuitry+software, so the problem is that the charging circuit thinks your cell discharges in only a few hours because that is all it knows since it was reset.

The trick is to let it deplete down to zero charge, until it turns off, keep turning it on until it won't turn on anymore. Then remove the battery for a bit, put it back in a charge it fully WITH the OEM WALL CHARGER ONLY (NO USB).

Do this for a few days to recalibrate the charging circuit/software.

Now you should have full battery life.
I dont know if that is correct... I know if you do that to where your battery is all the way dead meaning it wont even turn back on then it hurts the battery...
have you tried this?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue