PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 08:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

fldash is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyones battery actualy last a full day?

Lots of good information here, but I'm lost. Just got my Touch, and I use it constantly throughout the day for tethering, which charges it as well. I don't think my battery has ever been below 50% (granted I've only had it since Monday). Should I let it drain down further?!?

Also, how do you adjust how often the weather panel gets data? I tried to check and the only option I saw was one to get weather data automatically...
Old 07-30-2008, 10:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

calimocho is a n00b

discharging it all the way shouldn't matter for a Li-Ion battery. It was more important in Ni-Cad which are 2 or 3 generations old at this point.

As for battery life, I've also found that signal strength is key. I charge all day at work, leave at 6pm, light-moderate usage, and it's usually 50-60%-ish around bedtime 5-6 hours later.
I have zero bars at my house.

One night I put it in airplane mode before bed. Battery was at 45% before bed, 45% in the morning.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

my signal is only like 0-2 bars at my house but I dot use much data at all so idk what's going on with my

(posted from HTC Touch)

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero, was Sprint Touch (HTC)
Carrier: Sprint

VulcanGrey is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dette View Post
I dont know if that is correct... I know if you do that to where your battery is all the way dead meaning it wont even turn back on then it hurts the battery...
have you tried this?
There is a difference between discharging a Li-ion battery and letting it discharge to the point that the phone turns off. The charging circuit inside the phone estimates how much battery power is left by measuring the time it takes to charge and build an average for that device. If the charging circuit gets reset at night a few hours before you set the phone to recharge (as it would if you flashed the new ROM after work) then the circuit believes that the battery took a full charge in very little time.

As someone said Li-ion or Li-poly cells do not get a memory, and they do not need to be periodically fully discharged to reduce the risk of a momory, in fact it is a bad idea to fully discharge a Li-ion or Li-poly cell because it will not be able to work again.

However the device has a circuit that controls charging, and will not let the cell be discharged lower than say 3V. SO when you see a battery is empty, it is actually only aproaching 3V for example. And then the phone turns off.

By letting the phone run down several times in a row, you teach the charging circuit the actuall remaining capacity of the battery so that it can estimate the actual battery life.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Almost a VIP

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanGrey View Post
There is a difference between discharging a Li-ion battery and letting it discharge to the point that the phone turns off. The charging circuit inside the phone estimates how much battery power is left by measuring the time it takes to charge and build an average for that device. If the charging circuit gets reset at night a few hours before you set the phone to recharge (as it would if you flashed the new ROM after work) then the circuit believes that the battery took a full charge in very little time.

As someone said Li-ion or Li-poly cells do not get a memory, and they do not need to be periodically fully discharged to reduce the risk of a momory, in fact it is a bad idea to fully discharge a Li-ion or Li-poly cell because it will not be able to work again.

However the device has a circuit that controls charging, and will not let the cell be discharged lower than say 3V. SO when you see a battery is empty, it is actually only aproaching 3V for example. And then the phone turns off.

By letting the phone run down several times in a row, you teach the charging circuit the actuall remaining capacity of the battery so that it can estimate the actual battery life.
Hmm iv let it die once and then plugged it in about 5 min afterwards... but im a little hesitant about doign it a lot in a row.. it did seem to help a little doing it once.. i guess i do have insurance t oget a new battery if i kill it lol

i might try it..
Old 07-30-2008, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero, was Sprint Touch (HTC)

VulcanGrey is just getting started

after the ROM flash I had ~3hrs to 20% after a full night charge.
Now after letting the battery drain all the way and recharging 2 times, I now have normal battery life again (all day use and still ~50% left).

Before I tried this trick I went several days of having no battery left after a few hours of sitting in my pocket with almost no use.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanGrey View Post
after the ROM flash I had ~3hrs to 20% after a full night charge.
Now after letting the battery drain all the way and recharging 2 times, I now have normal battery life again (all day use and still ~50% left).

Before I tried this trick I went several days of having no battery left after a few hours of sitting in my pocket with almost no use.
Well after about 14 hours i am at like 20% or something depending on use..... I unplugged it at like 11 this morning and now I have about 60% - 70% battery.. used a little bit of internet and listened to like 15 or 20 minutes of music and then texted a couple times and made a couple 2 - 3 minute calls... and its 9:48 right now
Old 07-30-2008, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint Touch)
Carrier: Sprint: $30 SERO

tatnai is becoming a great contributor

To keep your battery life up:
1. Turn off location if you don't use it regularly
2. Turn off time sync

These two things made a huge difference to my battery life.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatnai View Post
2. Turn off time sync

Good idea about time sync.. if you turn off location then you turn off GPS..

Also i flash roms so much id have to came changing it =\
Old 07-31-2008, 12:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatnai View Post
2. Turn off time sync

How do you turn off time sync?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue